Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had a V60c for years and never updated the firmware because I never thought it was necessary. Eventually the phone needed an Assurion replacement and when they sent me the new one it had the new Firmware. Can't hide from firmware upgrades forever.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815, v710, i860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Lawmen23

1)enable picture capture from BT headset....it's already halfway there

So people can hide their camera phone and take pictures via remote control? GOOD IDEA

6)Normalize (or raise) volume levels on speaker. (my videos are MUCH louder than my mp3s. I would like to have my ringers play as loud as the sound in the video files

10)Make PIN number on auto PIN dial feature secure by not showing what the pin number is. Also......make this feature work while you're at it!

The PIN dial feature is for when you turn on the PIN # to dial requirement for your phone, so people can't clone your phone. nothing to do with voicemail

11)Re-enable e-mail support. The e-mails services offered on the WAP sites are horrible and/or don't work. Moto knows how to make the phone get e-mail, so just let'm put it in there.

My Google-WAP gateway works awesome =)

Device(s)
    128GB iPhone 6s Plus (soon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I like the idea of adding additional voice commands.

One I would add would be...

Say a command... "Nothing, sorry." (that's when I accidentally hit the sensitive button on the side of the phone)

Another would be...

"What time is it?" A simple voice synthesis of "It's 4:30 PM" would be pretty neat.

Lastly, has anyone put a chinese restaurant entry in their phone book, only to have the voice synthesizer say "CHEENYA" instead of "CHINA?" That's downright embarassing on their part.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815 (w/ v710 display)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by BeyondTheTech
    Personally, I like the idea of adding additional voice commands.

One I would add would be...

Say a command... "Nothing, sorry." (that's when I accidentally hit the sensitive button on the side of the phone)

Another would be...

"What time is it?" A simple voice synthesis of "It's 4:30 PM" would be pretty neat.

Lastly, has anyone put a chinese restaurant entry in their phone book, only to have the voice synthesizer say "CHEENYA" instead of "CHINA?" That's downright embarassing on their part.
    I agree, there should be an "exit" command on voice activate to quit out. That would be awesome.

I've had to tell her to STFU several times.

And the china thing is awesome

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...ditto on the "what time is it?" with an addition of having the phone read back the date as well as the time...

I've had the extreme case of "China" where I'd have to mispronounce a name so that the voice dialer would understand me... basically you have to say it the way the synthesizer says it...

One thing I thought of was that would be really, really nice if there was an extra entry in the phonebook to handle situations like this... if there was a field called (something like) voicetag... it would be the field that the voice dialing system would actually use to match against. If the field was empty, then it would default to the "Name" field. The Name field would still be used as the displaying field for the phone book application.

This way, you could see the full name of the person, but still have a more useful entry to be used for voice dialing...

an example:

Name: Bob Smith
    VoiceTag: Bob

...or for instances when it mispronounces or misreads names (that's when you have to mispronounce it for the voice dial to understand you)...

example:

Name: China
    VoiceTag: Cha ee na <-- you could spell it out so it sounds correct

...or another cool thing would be if you could "train" the hard to get ones... this would use up valuable memory space, but it could a "last resort" solution...

example:

Name: China
    VoiceTag: [china.wav] <-- you would have recorded yourself saying "china" through a "train" menu option

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I hope they don't do this to me...

I attempted to swap my phone out on friday for one with a fixed camera. Not only did she not have any in the store (Eugene, Or.), she tried to have one directly sent to me. Apparently, verizon doesn't have any v710's in warehouse. The same day I talked to someone at verizon who I think was a manager because I got his personal extension number with his own voicemail and everything. he too tried to order me one directly from the warehouse and he said that they didn't have any. My fear is that verizon will wait until the firmware is out and put it on the replacement phones. I related the saga of this forum to Sean (the guy from verizon), and even told him my fear that they will have the new firmware on all of the newer replacement phones. He laughed and said that the cynical side of him could see verizon doing that. I REALLY hope that verizon isn't THAT sadistic. But then again, it is verizon So is a fixed camera really worth losing the TF transfer option?
    Yes, my phone can actually do THAT.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's odd. I got my replacement for the bad camera at the end of last week, and it already crapped out on me. I called Verizon and they are fedexing me another one so they must still have some around.

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would have them send me the phone if the camera bugs you that much -- you could always send the new one back if it had the new firmware and keep your old phone. Also you could then report to me if there is an adverse effect so that i could be insulated from it.

come on take one for the team

rob

Device(s)
    SE S710a
    Feedback Score
    I just read this whole thread, and I've got to say it is very entertaining. It's hard to believe that people were so suspicious of SystemOverRide. After all, what he was saying is consistent with what everyone else is saying about the update all over the Internet.

I can understand how people want to be able to upload ringtones, but is that really a deal breaker on a cell phone? It seems to me that ringtone is a very minor factor compared to the productivity/convenience aspects of a cell phone. JMHO. YMMV

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For ringtones, I hope we'll still have the Pixplace method should they decide to do this. What I'm more concerned about are the pictures and videos.

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Maui19
    I can understand how people want to be able to upload ringtones, but is that really a deal breaker on a cell phone? It seems to me that ringtone is a very minor factor compared to the productivity/convenience aspects of a cell phone. JMHO. YMMV

thats one of my favorite little features on this phone. I use hacked up mp3s for alarms to wake me up in the mornings. not for actual ringers.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    The greatest features on this phone, in no order:

Converting video to 3gp format (Family Guy, Tool Music Videos and documentaries).

Customized Ringtones (absolutely a deal maker for a cell phone)

MP3 Player

Screen Size

And of course, the TF slot for almost all the above wouldn't be effective.

Get the new enhancements on the camera, and seem the Alltel stuff so the TF will work... and we have a good phone again.

Device(s)
    700W
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I wanted a phone with synthesized ringtones that i had to pay for, I woulda got a $20 job like the a650. I decided to spend 15 times more money, to get ALL of the features the phone had to offer. Should ANY of those features be taken away, then I WILL demand my money back for the phone. (even though I'll still probably keep it) I don't understand how Verizon can have the gall to aggressively pursue the alteration of this phones current software with only one goal in mind.......to help generate more revenue from the users. I will never buy their crappy ringtones. I specifically bought this phone for the custom ringtone option, and for video capabilities made possible via the Transflash card. I should not have to make any sacrifices in my phone's functionality in order to solve some of the problems that should not be present in the phone. More specifically, the horrible camera. It is absolutely useless unless you are in a very bright area. It doesn't even make any sense to me since other Motorola camera phones do not have that problem. I don't know if I have ever seen a product released that generated such aweful feedback from consumers as the v710 has. Moto and V should be working together to try and win us back.......since the only people who have this phone are the big spenders who are interested in paying more for features, but should not have to sacrifice the quality of the product. I don't really know where this rant is going, but I after reading some posts I felt the need to express myself.

And in response to Myklup.....

Yes.....taking pictures via remote from the headset would be awesome!
    I did not really understand the PIN dial, thanks for clearing that up, however the PIN still needs to be secure and it isn't.
    I attempted to use the WAP e-mail clients for pop3 e-mail accounts from Cornell and it would not work. Working e-mail would be nice. You also quoted some other problems I listed before but did not reply.....I'll assume you agree with them. Not that I wanna repost, but a "what time is it?" Obeymoto function would make me very happy in my pants.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I dont mean to side with verizon, but you must remember that the purpose of a firm is to increase profits, everything else is secondary(unless its non-profit). Its not even their objective to satisfy consumers, only profits. If having a good relationship with consumers wil get you more profit then they will do it. Honda doesnt give a rats ××× if you like them or not, they only care if they see $$ to increase profit. Its the way the world goes.
    Welcome to capitalism! If we beat them, good for us, the consumers, and it changes the market. Best of lUck

Device(s)
    PPC-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So does this mean that any new v710 will have this new software now?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast