Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New V710 Software 8700.01.40.0R

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    hey gsr can you get yours to play a playlist? i cant so if yours does can you tell me how to do it man if i knew this was going to happen i would have kept my old phone damm

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my98f250, GSR david

Here's how I did it.

In Message Center choose: Create Message/New Pix Message.

The To: dialoge box comes up. I use a bogus number such as 222-222-2222.

Now you are in Message Body. Choose Insert/Sound. You will probably get the annoying Chain Link.mp3 as default.

Hit menu (the middle soft key). Select Switch Storage Device . Select Trans Flash. Select your mp3 file.

Now you are back to message body. Select OK. Then select Send. Your message will attempt to go out, but will fail because of the bogus message address.

After you get the Unable to Send message, go to your Outbox. Read the failed message you just tried to send.

You will hear your mp3 when you open the message. Select Menu (middle soft key).

Select Save Items. Under Save What? , Select File.

The mp3 will play again. Select Store.

Under Storage Devices choose Phone.

You have now moved an mp3 from your TF Card to Phone. It looks rather convoluted, but is easy to do after a couple of transfers.
    Last edited by kilofox; 03-18-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970!!!!
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (finally got in)
    Feedback Score
    hey kilofox great info i will try it tonight sorry to be a pain but can you give me any info on how to do a proper playlist? i cant get mine to work done all the reformatting and still no good thanks in advance tom

Device(s)
    Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    kilofox. thanks alot man!!!!!!

worked fine for me...
    only thing is i had to resize my file to 21sec. because i had it at 31 before and it didnt accept it because it exceeded the limit... but it worked after i resize it. thank you once again!

my98f250: i havent dont a playlist yet because i dont have songs on my tf card and i just got my replacement phone today w/ the new s/w... so i will check on it as soon as a get my songs
    -David

Device(s)
    Moto V3M
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Kilofox,

Instructions are great! This solved the one problem I had with the new firmware and eliminates the only reason I had for potentially editing the firmware. Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    same here, i was really pissed when i got it earlier today and couldnt put my songs... but everything seems good so far... and the camera is way better imo!..

Originally posted by M3PO
    Kilofox,

Instructions are great! This solved the one problem I had with the new firmware and eliminates the only reason I had for potentially editing the firmware. Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by M3PO
    Kilofox,

Thanks.

You might want to check this thread. I did the Good.Seem mod, and now I can use Mobile Phone Tools the way it was meant to be. I can move ringtones, mp3s, pictures and videos to and from the V710 with ease. Even accessing the card still in the phone. All with Bluetooth too! Ask anyone whos done it to the 40R firmware. Its easy to do... and awesome when its done.

Device(s)
    Storm 9530 (x2)
    Carrier(s)
    55% Verizon/45% Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by kilofox
    I did the Good.Seem mod, and now I can use Mobile Phone Tools the way it was meant to be. I can move ringtones, mp3s, pictures and videos to and from the V710 with ease. Even accessing the card still in the phone.
    I had my phone flashed and then did the Good.Seem mod as well. However, I still was unable to get MPT fully functioning before I upgraded to 3.23. It appears the latter has resolved whatever problem I had been experiencing.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth Features

Is there any information on exactly what Bluetooth support is in 8700_01.40.0R compared to the previous flash?

Steve
    Silicon Valley Pocket PC
    http://www.svpocketpc.com

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Feedback Score

good.seem

Any help on where to locate this seem files would be GREATLY appreciated.

THanks....

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: good.seem

Originally posted by cmehta
    Any help on where to locate this seem files would be GREATLY appreciated.

THanks....
    no-mindpaintball.com/vzw/
    Get the 041a_0001.zip .. that's the same as the SD Good Seem.zip

Feedback Score
    Holy crap I thought I my phone was broke. I just returned my PTT phones for a V710--again (4th time). I wanted to put my mp3s on and was wondering "what the hell"

I get on the freakin forums..I noticed things were different on the phone...and I not only reading yall--punking that guy who started the thread--in the end no one apologized--anyway, by the end of this freakin thing someone already figured out a way to cirumvent it. HAA HAA Verizon.

So, does anyone have a list of what is EXACTLY changed--not what you think--what's OFFICIALLY changed???
    AT&T sales reps are like the dirty children of car salesmen and collection agents.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mrdobrow21
    Holy crap I thought I my phone was broke. I just returned my PTT phones for a V710--again (4th time). I wanted to put my mp3s on and was wondering "what the hell"

I get on the freakin forums..I noticed things were different on the phone...and I not only reading yall--punking that guy who started the thread--in the end no one apologized--anyway, by the end of this freakin thing someone already figured out a way to cirumvent it. HAA HAA Verizon.

So, does anyone have a list of what is EXACTLY changed--not what you think--what's OFFICIALLY changed???
    lol ... thanks for that. It's been a while since I read the begining of this thread - they were getting on SystemOverRide pretty good.
    Here's a thread that has some differences between the firmware's.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=528797
    I havent seen anything "official". There are a couple of jpg's of an internal Verizon pdf file floating around, but not the actual pdf. And the info pasted in the above thread seems to be the same thing from that Verizon pdf file.

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Bluetooth Features

Here's the flyer given to me by Verizon of the changes...

Originally posted by Pony99CA
    Is there any information on exactly what Bluetooth support is in 8700_01.40.0R compared to the previous flash?

Steve

Feedback Score
    Thanks yall !!!!

By the by: I don't know if this has been posted, but I wanted to make this edit while I can..............

I think the mp3s have to be under 300kb to do the send-to-yourself method.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast