Thread: Can you receive text messages when you dont have service?

Phone
    V300
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can you receive text messages when you dont have service?

If someone tries to send you a text message when you don't have service, will the message fail, or do you get it once you have reception again?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You'll get it when you have service again, and even then, you may not get it until a couple of hours later.

Phones
    Iphone 5S (AT&T)
    iPhone 4S (VZ)
    Samsung SCH–LC11 LTE Aircard
    Carrier
    AT&T & Verizon. T-Mobile 1999-2009, RIP.
    Feedback Score
    At my fiance's house, I don't get any service (but AT&T has full service).... oddly enough, I got 2 text messages while my status was "No Service." This was yesterday.

I have no idea how I got them.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by blacknoi
    At my fiance's house, I don't get any service (but AT&T has full service).... oddly enough, I got 2 text messages while my status was "No Service." This was yesterday.

I have no idea how I got them.
    That is strange, the only thing I could guess happened is that they have the LAC blocked (Emergency Only), but for some reason maybe T-Mobile saw your phone camping on AT&T's network and sent the messages anyway. Were you able to send SMS while your phone displayed "No Service?"

Feedback Score
    i have been in the same situation. my phone said no service and i was able to send and receive text messages. i find that to be awesome. though i don't expect it all the time. but, it has happened in enough places.