Thread: Message: The Number You Dialed Is Not A Working Number????

Phones
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G (replaced), LG CU575, LG VX 8700, LG VX8600(replaced)
    iPhone 4S 32GB(Current)
    iPhone 3G 8GB(Sold), iPhone 4 16GB(Stop Working)
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score

Question Message: The Number You Dialed Is Not A Working Number????

I've had five different people on several different occasions tell me that when they try to call me they get the message, "Number You've Dialed is not a working number, please try your call again later". The thing is, my phone is on and working cause after several tries, they finally get through to me. Does anyone know what could be going on??
    FamilyTalk Nation 1400 w/ 4 Lines
    Family Messaging Unlimited
    iPhone Data Unlimited
    Uverse TV U450
    Bright House Internet 20/2

I'm an AT&T employee, my posts do not reflect the opinions or decisions of AT&T Companies!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My Broadband Service From Bright House

My Cellular Service from at&t

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Call customer service, something is wrong.

Joe

Phones
    Active: Moto V551 (2), RIM Blackberry 7230 (2)
    Retired: LG VX4500, Moto V60p, i90c, V120e, V60c & several Qualcomms.
    Carriers
    Cingular (Voice) & T-mobile (BlackBerry)
    Feedback Score

Re: Message: The Number You Dialed Is Not A Working Number????

Originally posted by shortyd999
    I've had five different people on several different occasions tell me that when they try to call me they get the message, "Number You've Dialed is not a working number, please try your call again later". The thing is, my phone is on and working cause after several tries, they finally get through to me. Does anyone know what could be going on??
    Cingular customers have been having this problem since the merger. It appears to happen on AT&T towers only -- which have become overloaded with the addition of Cingular lines. The problem only affects incoming calls, so many users are not aware that they have a problem.

Last week this problem caused major disruptions in the New York metro area. The fix was an OTA that forced a lot of traffic back on the old Cingular/TMO towers to balance the load on the AT&T towers.

Things will get better after the blue and orange networks are integrated -- but until then Cingular engineers are just trying to be creative.

Sorry, but this problem will likely continue for you for a while. It is still happening here in the New York area but seems to be less than last week.

Calling customer service will not likely get you any immediate relief, but it will help identify your market as one that needs attention. It's a good idea to call and make a report.

- Fletch
    Last edited by Fletcher; 11-30-2004 at 10:20 AM.

Phones
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G (replaced), LG CU575, LG VX 8700, LG VX8600(replaced)
    iPhone 4S 32GB(Current)
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Call CS and got the promt at the beginning of the call saying,"Thank you for calling Cingular Wireless, We are currently experiencing technical difficultes which may cause longer than normal hold times. If possible please try and call at a later time. So i'll just call later.

Wonder whats going on???

Phones
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Moto V600, Moto v551, p 280
    Nokia 3590, 3595
    Carriers
    Cingular
    6340 gait
    Feedback Score
    sounds like thier having trouble getting everthing to work together.

no proublums here in oklahoma, at least that i know of.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Phones
    iPhone 4S 32GB(Current)
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    OK called CS and the guy tells me that there is a major outage going on and its affecting all of Florida, parts of Alabama and Mississippi. Can anyone else confirm this???

Phones
    blackberry 7100t
    *awaiting the perfect all-in-one device*
    Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Angry

i have the same problem here in the miami area. pisses me off, but man, cant do anything about it. weird thing is that it only happens sometimes.
    dez

Phone
    Blackberry 7105t
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No one has told me if it's happening to me, but I called my boyfriend last night (Cingular Blue customer) and although it rang thru to him AND he picked up, I got sent to the "not a working number" message. He's in Tampa, FL. I've gotten that when calling him maybe three times in the last few weeks.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Had problems with that in La, Ms, Al, and Fl for the better part of the day, never got an answer on what the cause was though.

Carriers
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We were told that there was a major outage in LA, MS, AL and FL since about 6am CST. When I came in to work at 7:30, there was already about 300+ calls holding. All they would tell us is that people could call out but when someone called them, it would say "not a working number". When I left at 4:30 CST, there was still an outage.

Tampa was really hit hard, they couldn't make or recieve calls.