Phones
    I-Mate SP3i
    Siemens S40, S55, Nokia 6190, 6310i, 6610, 3650
    Ericsson r520m, t39m, t68m, Sony Ericsson T610, k700i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

3360 modem? DATA SUPPORT

Is there any way my 3360 can be used as a modem on the at&t network here in the USA? I'm trying to connect my 3360 to my palm, or laptop? I can beam business cards to the phone, but whenever I tell it to dial, nothing.......it works fine on Voicestream network with my 8290....is that because Voicestream supports data?

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    :D
    Carrier
    fido|rogers
    Feedback Score
    the 3360 has CSD [Circuit Switching Data] support on it .. and the at&t network has CDPD [Cellular Digital Packet Data] support ..

they are not compatible with each other .. so i m sorry to say, your 3360 is useless for data on the at&t network [in the US]

the reason your 8290 worx is because vstream and your 8290 both support the same kinda of data [GSM data/CSD/HSCSD]

at&t supports data .. just not the kinda data that the 3360 supports ...
    (with spanish accent)"... first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women" - Homer Simpson

heatWARE | press ANY key?? |

Phones
    Motorola V3
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Is this the same problem with cingular?

I've been trying to get my 3360 to dial up to juno using my laptop. It says connecting .... then quits. I have the latest firmware - 2.06. This is the first time I ever heard about circuit switching data etc. I wonder if Cingular is the same. We are tdma just like att here in florida.

Phones
    FUZE
    Formerly 8525, 6682, 3600, 3650, 6340i, 3360
    OnStar (WORST voice recognition!)
    Carriers
    Cingular/AT&T (and formerly Cell One) since 1990.
    Feedback Score

Re: Is this the same problem with cingular?

Originally posted by Rick77
    I've been trying to get my 3360 to dial up to juno using my laptop. It says connecting .... then quits. I have the latest firmware - 2.06. This is the first time I ever heard about circuit switching data etc. I wonder if Cingular is the same. We are tdma just like att here in florida.
    No, Cingular is not the same. I use Cingular and all data services (WAP and using as a modem for my laptop) work for me. And I have used them in SoFLA.

Phones
    Sidekick II
    Nokia 3595
    Nokia 3390 Gold
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i think you need wap on or there internet thing for it to work. i think it has to do with data services that you need.

Phones
    Motorola V3
    Motorola MPX220
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

ok - added wap but still no go :(

I'm trying to connect to Juno. I got it to connect for 2 minutes then I get disconnected. I had to use the juno icon not the dial up icon to get my 3360 to connect. Anyone know why it would disconnect after 2 min every time? And any hints on how to get the best speed/performance? hehe it sure is slow!
    Last edited by Rick77; 04-15-2002 at 09:02 PM.