Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3GP Converter
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbman
    Question for you......Did you use dvd decrypt. and then mpegable for these episodes because, I can't believe how good they look on the phone. I'm trying to process the incredibles and whenever I use mpegable, the first chunk comes in with the director's comment. Additionally, while doing the same with dumb and dumber, the first chunk is in french.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Take care,

Also what settings do you use for movies with episodes or chapters. There are so many selections available.
    Actaully, I jsut used already downloaded episodes, but I am going to post a video tutorial on how to turn your DVDs into 3g2's when I get some time, so look for that.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone want to save me the time of converting and point me to a site that has "Napolean Dynamite" and "The Run" featuring a Nissan 350 driving through Prauge already converted? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 Never Been Happier!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless!!
    Feedback Score
    BTW, anyone runing SP1 = crazy. As you may have guessed, I really believe in security, one of the reasons why I run linux. Running SP1 is practically commiting suicide, even with teh best firewall (ZoneAlarms) best anti-virus (Kaspersky) and letting windows update, its just foolish. I don't let users without SP2 on my network, and besides, its been a whole year, you really should get it installed. Pah, thats my 2 cents.
    NOT TRUE AT ALL! In fact, anyone running SP2 = high-stakes gambler or simply gullible. (immaturity is excusable)
    Contrary to popular belief Microsoft products are NOT the living end and ARE NOT fully dependable YET, they are the ones who make it possible to begin with for viruses & spyware to find easy routes into their setup, not only that, but M$ Windows has enough bugs as it is. Ask anyone who has tried to rely on that system for any length of time. SP1 is just as acceptable as SP2 IMO with far less the issues or chance to ruin any works you may have collected over time. I been in this biz a long time and know what i am talking about. Microsoft is far from being the most trustworthy of operating systems let alone so-called Security patches.

n3, there is a reason I'm still running SP1. Several months ago I attempted to upgrade to SP2 and it totally hosed my system. I had to do a system restore and barely managed to salvage all my data. The reason was that I had bought a system with the then newly introduced Prescott chip.
    Very Good. Don't be detered or even be made to feel the least bit put off by ignorant comments that hold no water like was made above to your post as you are someone less than intelligent. It's very wise to take precautions and not just leap off the bridge just because M$ and those supporters tell everyone they should.
    DUN Enabled w/desktop & laptop
    mp3's/pics in & out E815 at will w/MPT
    Free Wap w/ Customized Homepage
    Free Pix Place Server
    VIDEOS! MP3's! Pics! Galore!!!

Go Motorola! E815!!!

MirrorMirror On The Wall, What Is The Most Fairest Cellphone Of All.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    M$ supporters? You kidding? I hate Microsoft, but if you're runnign there software you might as well keep it updated. It's not secure, but if you want to keep yourself from getting virusses and other nasties from the internet, you ought to keep it updated. Once a decent virus infects a computer, it keeps infecting other computers, and since many people don't know how to rid them selves of virusses, they are still infecting other computers. Also, it's cool to have your own opinion, but I found that post rather offensive. Usually Microsoft patches are there to plug a hole, but if you want the holes, that's up to you.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Stay on topic please.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A few videos I tried converting with Mpegable X4 live (demo version), playback is not too bad.

All at 15fps, 92kbps video, 48kbps audio

Foo Fighters - Best of You:

http://sportbikerush.net/pvt/foo%20f...20of%20you.3gp

Janet Jackson - Runaway:

http://sportbikerush.net/pvt/Janet%2...%20Runaway.3gp

Funny ad for Malibu Rum:

http://sportbikerush.net/pvt/Malibu%20Rum%20Ad.3gp

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Using 3GP Converter

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...4&postcount=33

Download 3GP Converter here: http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/

After decompressing the ZIP file, run Setup.exe then (to set the language I believe, sorry, it's been a long time since I've done this). Now download the attached Transcoding.ini.txt file. I had to add the .txt extension to upload it through HoFo. Rename it to just Transcoding.ini. Drop that into the 3GP Converter directory. Now run 3GP_Converter.exe.

http://www.howardforums.com/attachme...chmentid=58165

For converting your own DVDs, use DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter to get VOB file(s). Once ripped, drag and drop them into 3GP Converter.

Most MPEG, AVI, MOV, and WMV files will also work with 3GP Converter...

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

e815 Settings

Greets,

I spent a good portion of time on Saturday trying to figure out the best settings to encode a video into something which would (1) NOT PIXELLATE, and (2) not appear jumpy, when playing off a 512MB transflash on my e815.

I found that the following modifications to the defaults on the 3GP converter, which work AMAZINGLY well are:

1) Codec -> H263
    2) FPS = 15
    3) Bitrate = 256
    4) Deinterlace On

This produced files which were a little larger than the defaults, but I can assure you, they looked AMAZING on the phone

Feedback Score
    why do some of my videos have no sound while othesr do?

Feedback Score
    can any one convert this for me? i cant get the sound to work.
    http://www.alandang.net/videos/leh-sti.avi
    Last edited by intence; 09-21-2005 at 11:40 PM.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    its the codecs, those bastards >:|

Download k-lite codec pack form free-codecs.com

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intence
    can any one convert this for me? i cant get the sound to work.
    http://www.alandang.net/videos/leh-sti.avi
    I have it converted. What's your email?

Feedback Score
    [email protected]

thanks, can you tell me what you did to get the sound working?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intence
    [email protected]

thanks, can you tell me what you did to get the sound working?
    Email is being sent. I just followed the instructions here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=5638210

It's a DOS based program and all you have to do is click the START button, then click RUN, then paste in the code:

c:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg -y -i "C:\Movies\Test.avi" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -s 176x128 -r 15 -b 85 -g 15 -hq -4mv -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 22050 -ab 48 -f 3g2 "C:\Movies\Test.3G2"

Just make sure you have the C:\Movies directory on your computer. Copy the video you wish to convert into this folder. Rename the file "test" and just replace the .avi part of the code with whatever format the file is in (mpeg, avi, mov, vob, etc.). Click ok and the program will launch and start converting. When finished just rename the file extention from .3g2 to .3gp and copy to your phone.

If your converting a widescreen movie just add this code to the end: -padbottom 14 -padtop 14 This will add black bars to the top and bottom of the movie 14 pixels high. This works well for most DVD's in anamorphic widescreen 1.85:1 format.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I assure you, if you had the proper codecs it would have worked for you intence

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have a long video mix I made a while ago, its over an hour long. I'll try and post it when I get home if anyone's interested...
    Free music & mixes www.djayrage.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks to this great thread, I've succeeded in creating playable movies on my Motorola E815, but I am struggling with a problem. I can't seem to view long movies. The sound will play, but the screen will stay black. I have actually taken these video's and encoded about 5 minutes of them to 3gp and they play fine, but when I try to convert the whole movie it doesn't work. The whole movie is only about 8 minutes too. I also tried encoding a 45 minute long video and it didn't work either. All of these video's play fine in the mpegable Player after I convert them. Any ideas where to start? Thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (fully hacked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I' using "DVD Shrink" to rip the DVD files, then using "Im TOO 3GP Video Converter" to encode the .VOB files to .3gp files to be played on my e815. All of which works perfectly. Both programs are awesome.

The only question I have, is when I view the ripped .VOB file, it works fine, meaning that the video and audio is the actual movie quality. But once I convert it to a .3gp (or even .mpeg) file, the directors commentary is included?.. I don't want to hear that crap.

Anyone have an idea of how to encode the .VOB files to NOT include the directors commentary?..

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinga
    I' using "DVD Shrink" to rip the DVD files, then using "Im TOO 3GP Video Converter" to encode the .VOB files to .3gp files to be played on my e815. All of which works perfectly. Both programs are awesome.

The only question I have, is when I view the ripped .VOB file, it works fine, meaning that the video and audio is the actual movie quality. But once I convert it to a .3gp (or even .mpeg) file, the directors commentary is included?.. I don't want to hear that crap.

Anyone have an idea of how to encode the .VOB files to NOT include the directors commentary?..
    In dvd shrink, you can click the compression tab, and de-select all the other audio and subtitle tracks. Just keep the top (usually) english track.
    Which version of dvd shrink?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast