Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (fully hacked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure of the version number (I'm at work right now) I'll check tonight.
    So I'll have to rip the DVD over again and make sure I'm only including 1 audio selection (usually english and the top one?).
    Thats what I thought I might have to do. I'll give it a try tonight!!!

Thanks!!!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinga
    Not sure of the version number (I'm at work right now) I'll check tonight.
    So I'll have to rip the DVD over again and make sure I'm only including 1 audio selection (usually english and the top one?).
    Thats what I thought I might have to do. I'll give it a try tonight!!!

Thanks!!!
    That is one solution. But there is probably another solution, involving some settings on the 3gp video converter. Because I wouldn't think that the directors audio should be the audio track that is used. Can't you select the audio track from the Too 3gpp converter? I've never used it, so I only mentioned the options in dvd shrink.

EDIT: and I'm also assuming you are using the Re-Author functions in dvd shrink. You don't want everything, that is just way too much shrinkage. You want to just select the main movie track and one audio track (and any subtitle tracks you want - those are very small, it is the audio tracks that are large).
    Last edited by Humpa; 09-26-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 16GB 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone recommend a good free program that will split .avi .mpeg, etc.? I would like to split up some 600-700MB movies I have and encode them in 30 minute intervals.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158
    Can anyone recommend a good free program that will split .avi .mpeg, etc.? I would like to split up some 600-700MB movies I have and encode them in 30 minute intervals.
    virtualdub was always a favorite freeware
    I havent read too much in the last 2years though. www.doom9.org is one of the places I used to frequent.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (fully hacked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey Humpa...
    I figured out how to select different audio streams in Too 3GP Converter and it worked perfectly!.. My only problem now is, I'd like to get the quality a little better. I know its a phone and all but its pretty pixely.
    In the 3GP Converter, I'm using these settings:

Frames: 15
    Deinterlace: On
    Audio Bitrate: 256
    Video Codec: H263

Anyone found better results using different settings?..

Device(s)
    P4000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I can play videos on my v710 no problem. I have searched for but have not found an answer to a question I have. I don't seem to be able to fast forward to any point in the video.
    So when I'm watching say a movie and have to stop for whatever reason, I can't get back to the point where I stopped watching the video. This is a real pain in the butt if I'm 3/4 of the way through the movie and have to restart at the beginning. Any options?

Disregard, question answered.
    Last edited by heywoodfloyd; 09-27-2005 at 01:06 PM.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinga
    Hey Humpa...
    I figured out how to select different audio streams in Too 3GP Converter and it worked perfectly!.. My only problem now is, I'd like to get the quality a little better. I know its a phone and all but its pretty pixely.
    In the 3GP Converter, I'm using these settings:

Frames: 15
    Deinterlace: On
    Audio Bitrate: 256
    Video Codec: H263

Anyone found better results using different settings?..

0_0 that is a RIDICULOUSLY high video bitrate, i encodew my MP3's at 192
    IMO the imtoo thing sucks, for two reasons. 1) its packaged on several different websites with several different names and different ekys, so 'imtoo' did not write this thing. 2) I find MUCH better quality with mpegable. I had really pixely video with imtoo, but the mpegable videos is nearly flawles.. If your really hellbent on itoo, then look for video bitrate, and turn it up. If you start getting more than 1.5MB per minute of video, your settings are too high, and if its still pixely at that point, just use mpegable, it's better.

thats my 2 cents

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    0_0 that is a RIDICULOUSLY high video bitrate, i encodew my MP3's at 192
    IMO the imtoo thing sucks, for two reasons. 1) its packaged on several different websites with several different names and different ekys, so 'imtoo' did not write this thing. 2) I find MUCH better quality with mpegable. I had really pixely video with imtoo, but the mpegable videos is nearly flawles.. If your really hellbent on itoo, then look for video bitrate, and turn it up. If you start getting more than 1.5MB per minute of video, your settings are too high, and if its still pixely at that point, just use mpegable, it's better.

thats my 2 cents
    I'd have to agree wit n3ldan on that one. What settings do you use. I use the "motorola device" settings and I make sure that the Video encoding is 150, The target framerate is 12.50 in the video preprocessing tab. and i make sure that QCIF and bicubic are checked in the cropping section. And I get great videos. I make music videos and they are around 3-4 minutes each and average around 4mb. Thats how large some mp3's are.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Ok here's that Video mix I made a while ago
    Http://www.djayrage.com/video
    You can download it there. Its a rap/Hip Hop & Reggaeton mix.
    Get it b4 I delete it....
    Free music & mixes www.djayrage.com

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Free Videos

Thanks to DJayRage, I realized that much larger files can work well on our phones. But without ripping, we can get Public Domain files (not copy-righted) that are fun too. Checkout this site.

http://www.archive.org/details/movies

Thank you all for you inputs - great educational tools.

Smaller films aready in MPEG FORMAT WORK! I know, some of you already know this - but this site and files are legal - Refer Madness, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, etc
    Last edited by gclamb; 10-08-2005 at 06:50 PM.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hey DJ! what is the song after "reggaeton latino"? Thanks for the vid

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Use 64KB MP4s From this site

As mentioned before, load these into your flash card and run the 64KB MPEG4 files. Chechout the SYSGRAPH videos free

http://www.archive.org/details/Unexpect2001

No conversion necessary...donate if you like and checout the feature films too!

Feedback Score
    Hey so has any one figgured out how to make a video fill the whole screen? If Vcast can do it... why cant we do it with our mp4's?

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by javawhz
    hey DJ! what is the song after "reggaeton latino"? Thanks for the vid
    I erased it off my phone already, so I'll have to view it again when I have some time to tell ya what track that is. I'm a VJ so I have tons & tons of music videos, I'll post a new quick mix when I make one.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there a directory of .3gp or .3g2 videos? I'd like to just be able to go to one site to download these videos to my phone. Google isn't much of a help, neither is Yahoo.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluffdaddy
    Is there a directory of .3gp or .3g2 videos? I'd like to just be able to go to one site to download these videos to my phone. Google isn't much of a help, neither is Yahoo.
    Just convert your own.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Feedback Score
    Great thread! I just got my E815, and transflash card. I can make videos from most files easy with the fantastic instructions on the first page. I have a Tivo that I use on my wireless home network, and can download recordings from Tivo to my computer. Has anyone found a way to convert these Tivo recordings to a format playable on our phones?

P.S. I would also LOVE a full-length Napoleon Dynamite file if someone has one.

P.P.S. Also if anyone has any Green Day music videos converted I'd love to have those too.
    Last edited by RockMonkey; 10-13-2005 at 12:21 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanlevy
    Hey so has any one figgured out how to make a video fill the whole screen? If Vcast can do it... why cant we do it with our mp4's?

Yeah that's what I dont get....has anyone figured it out??

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you can play the TiVo junk in media player classic (or any other non-mainstream app), then you can convert it. No one can make it full screen yet, it is possible duh, but there is no SOFTWARE on teh phone to do it. No one has been able to trick vcast into palying there own movies yet.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to mention that I can play 24fps video on my e815 perfectly fine. I use XviD generated with VirtualDub and Avisynth with some simple settings, and AAC generated with BeSweet/Nero. I use mp4box to mux the audio and video into an mp4 file, and this plays perfectly off my transflash No need for framerate conversion (thank god!!)

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast