Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Does anyone know or have a link to Video and Audio spec's for the V710? I'm interested in what codecs, bitrates, and container files it will support.

For example, will it playback an H.264 encoded MP4? What data rates?
    Van G

Que SB V&D 60 3GB - iPhone 6 64GB

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

dvds to e815?

say i was to BACKUP a copy of my own dvd how would i convert it to proper video format for the e815. after using dvd decrypter or dvd shrink to backup a dvd it becomes a .vob file. is there any programs to turn that into mp4 or 3g2?

Feedback Score
    great thread

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys just want to let everyone know that I have not had a motorola in about 6 months or so, I switched to a Treo 650 for $100 when they we're going for 400 just because I complained so much about it.Glad to see the thread is still going strong. Take it easy

Nikk
    Treo 700W Baby.....stupid V710 is LOOOOOOONG gone

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by javawhz
    hey DJ! what is the song after "reggaeton latino"? Thanks for the vid
    found it....
    Zion Y Lennox - Doncella
    RollsRoyce: I rip my dvd's using "#1 dvd ripper" and save them as Mpeg's, then I convert them to the proper format for my v710 using the program mentioned in the first few pages in this thread.
    Free music & mixes www.djayrage.com

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rollsroyce1400
    say i was to BACKUP a copy of my own dvd how would i convert it to proper video format for the e815. after using dvd decrypter or dvd shrink to backup a dvd it becomes a .vob file. is there any programs to turn that into mp4 or 3g2?
    Look up 3GP Converter.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have read this entire thread and now have a couple questions I hope someone can help me with.
    1. I would like to obtain a full version of mpegable. If anyone has a copy they would be willing to share, or point me to a link, that would be most excellent. Or if not the full version the shareware would be ok too. At one point I had considered buying Quicktime Pro, but from what I have read this is not the best program for getting max frame rates, resolutions. It sounds to me like Mpegable is the best program out there. Is that correct?
    2. I have tried the Nokia video converter ver 2. and find that it can only set the resolution to 2 sizes. One being 176x144 but from what I have read I am under the impression that the content beyond 176x124 is "chopped off". Is this correct?
    3. My e815 seems to play .mp4 files just fine. And it also plays .g2p What other video file formats will it play? And which off all the formats is the highest quality? This also brings me to the question, what are the highest frame rates, and best audio quality this phone will play?
    4. Originally I had some long file names, and discovered that if I tried to assign them to categories that they seemed to "disappear". Are those files really gone, or are they hogging up memory and the menu just can't display the names? If they are still there how can I delete them? I later learned that the file name must be "short" and have "no special characters". How many character can be in a file name, and are there any special character which will work, like "underscore", or "dash"?
    5. When I transfer a file from my PC to the transflash card, and try and put directly into a category folder, it always reverts back to the "video" folder. Then the best I can do is assign it to a category on the phone. Is there any way to actually store the video within the subdirectories?
    Thank for your help.

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

A couple questions...

I just thought of another question I wanted to ask.
    When I play videos on my E815, the sound always comes from the speakerphone. Even if while viewing the video I turn the speakerphone off, the sound keeps coming from that speaker. I would like for the sound to come from my Bluetooth headset. Is this possible, and if so how?

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randyb999
    I just thought of another question I wanted to ask.
    When I play videos on my E815, the sound always comes from the speakerphone. Even if while viewing the video I turn the speakerphone off, the sound keeps coming from that speaker. I would like for the sound to come from my Bluetooth headset. Is this possible, and if so how?
    It doens't have the BT profile for audio playback over the headset.

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    It doens't have the BT profile for audio playback over the headset.
    Wow, seems to me that this would be a feature that everyone would want. How could Motorola leave something like that out? Am I the only one who thinks that sucks? How big of a change would that be to make? Can it be done with a seem edit? Or is this a big programming job for Motorola?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    On the V710, you can listen to 3g2 and 3gp video files on a Bluetooth headset so long as the video is NOT in stereo (though you have to jump thru hoops to do it). http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=465778
    This "quirk" has been plugged on the E815.
    I think that the A2DP profile might only be needed for stereo playback, but that's a total guess on my part.

But in any case, I don't think they thought it all the way thru - they must not have realised how many people would want to listen to videos over BT (huge battery drain and inferior sound quality as compared to wired headset).

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    On the V710, you can listen to 3g2 and 3gp video files on a Bluetooth headset so long as the video is NOT in stereo (though you have to jump thru hoops to do it). http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=465778
    I think that the A2DP profile might only be needed for stereo playback, but that's a total guess on my part.

But in any case, I don't think they thought it all the way thru - they must not have realised how many people would want to listen to videos over BT (huge battery drain and inferior sound quality as compared to wired headset).
    I'm sorry I must not understand, what do you mean "this quirk has been plugged on the E815"? I own a E815, but am not able (unless I'm doing something wrong) to listen to 3g2 and 3gp via Bluetooth.

Maybe I will have to start carrying around my old wired headset, or buy a cool stereo headset just for this purpose. It just is, in my opinion, a bummer that I have this wireless headset, and now have to carry another headset around too.
    Just the other day I saw an ad for Bluetooth stereo headset designed for home audio listening. I think more and more home theater receivers have Bluetooth built in (or is there a Bluetooth add on?). Maybe this is already available, but a stereo Bluetooth headset with microphone would be cool for watching video and taking phone calls.

Thanks for the information.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "they plugged het quirk" means they fixed the bug, IE you can't listen over blue tooth.
    1. ascii on aim.
    2. 176x144 is the max res of the phone
    3. Only 3g2 and mp4, as far as btirates go, anything, as far as the limit for smooth palyback is, no one knows, do some experimenting
    4. I forget the limit, jstu make them short, ou really want to know, expirement with your phone

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa

On the V710, the always didn't play through the BT headset. At least, this is the case with mine.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hey nikolasmor, i dont know if this has been asked already, i didnt feel like reading thru 16 pages, but can you convert the Stewie Griffin Family Guy movie and/or some episodes from the tv show?

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiztidfreek89
    hey nikolasmor, i dont know if this has been asked already, i didnt feel like reading thru 16 pages, but can you convert the Stewie Griffin Family Guy movie and/or some episodes from the tv show?
    Actually, I haven't had a motorola in a VERY long time and no longer do requests. I don't even think I have Mpegable anymore. Nope just looked and I don't have it. By the end of the night however I will have Napoleon Dynamite converted to an AVI file if someone wants it please email me, I would prefer only to send it to a few people, perhaps someone that can host it for others and also someone who WILL convert it for others I converting to an .AVI for use on my treo

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how ironic. the only movie i have on my computer is on Napoleon Dynamite. do you still know any 3gp converters that will work for MAC though?

Device(s)
    nokia e71x
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Question

Do You Have Charlie Murphys True Hollywood Stories Converted For E815

Feedback Score

3g converter

I like the 3g converter program but does anyone know how i can save settings for each format, like codec, frame rate, etc instead of inputing them every time? The New and Save buttons by format profile on bottom are locked it seems.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast