Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-u740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    any better programs out there?

i mean damn, its a good program, but sometimes when i load certain video it freakin crashes! what the hell!

and other than that, i tried converting a video, and then there was no sound at all!!! and I AM SURE that i picked out the right audio settings.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

3GP Converter

Quote Originally Posted by madllama
    I like the 3g converter program but does anyone know how i can save settings for each format, like codec, frame rate, etc instead of inputing them every time? The New and Save buttons by format profile on bottom are locked it seems.
    No ... I have the same problem, but this minor setback pales in significance. Everything I have made with the settings I previously posted has been amazing. Great file sizes too.

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    excellent thread! BUT does anyone have an AVI to MPG converter? if so, i can convert simpsons, family guy, southpark etc.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    you didnt read half of this thread did you?

as long as you are using the good converter (MPegable), you can convert any video you can play in MPC (media player classic[google it]). AKA any non-DRMed video

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    ive been taking all of my tivo'd shows, cutting the commercials and converting them for my phone. I have about 50 episodes of this and that chilling on my hd and more comming all the time. I'm looking for a good community site to dump these video's on but i cant seem to find one with active members. id like to trade some stuff with other people but i just cant seem to find anyone. I have high quality files (15 - 20 megs a peice) converted for my e815. any suggestions?

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If anyone can hook me up with a full version of mpegable i'd really appreciate it.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    awaveform, send me an IM @ ascii [aim] or n3ldan at gmail dot com [msn]

Feedback Score
    OK, so I just converted an mpeg file that was 44.5 megs down to 4.5 megs. Question is, let's say I wanted a better video quality at the sacrafice of some space. Say, cut that 44.5 meg by half rather than 1/10th. What settings would I increase to improve the quality and thereby increase the size?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymatt
    excellent thread! BUT does anyone have an AVI to MPG converter? if so, i can convert simpsons, family guy, southpark etc.
    Ya... I've been looking too...

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymatt
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinad12
    Ya... I've been looking too...
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    you didnt read half of this thread did you?

as long as you are using the good converter (MPegable), you can convert any video you can play in MPC (media player classic[google it]). AKA any non-DRMed video
    Further proving my point

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Some 3GPP Videos.

Just sharing a couple of videos I filmed and encoded.

USHRA Monster Jam Skydome - January 15th 2005 - Toronto, ON
    -Freestyle Motocross
    -Monster Truck Freestyle ft. Gravedigger
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/USHRA-lo.3gp 6mb/6minutes

Videos of me playing around on yz250 in backyard.
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/backyard-lo.3gp 800k/40seconds

A video of my pops on a yz450f and another one playing around with adobe after effects.
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/wheelietime-lo.3gp 860K/40seconds

http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/saturday-lo.3gp 650k/40seconds

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    So after doing some more digging it looks like this site I’m looking for really doesn’t exist. If I put one up on the web would anyone be interested? It would just be a small underground community site for people that want to trade videos they made. High quality TV shows and other mobile content I suppose. Perhaps backgrounds and amateur stuff too I could do. I’m a pretty seasoned web developer so it wouldn’t be much of an issue but I would need some help with admin and such. Any thoughts on the scenario?

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OPPressed
    Just sharing a couple of videos I filmed and encoded.

USHRA Monster Jam Skydome - January 15th 2005 - Toronto, ON
    -Freestyle Motocross
    -Monster Truck Freestyle ft. Gravedigger
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/USHRA-lo.3gp 6mb/6minutes

Videos of me playing around on yz250 in backyard.
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/backyard-lo.3gp 800k/40seconds

A video of my pops on a yz450f and another one playing around with adobe after effects.
    http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/wheelietime-lo.3gp 860K/40seconds

http://www.ruggednorth.com/oppressed/saturday-lo.3gp 650k/40seconds

cool stuff man ;-)

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I was experimenting tonight with "Xilsoft 3GP Converter"

I recorded an episode of Futurama and Family Guy off of Adult_Swim with my tv capture card and then converted them to 3gp with Xilsoft.

I loaded them to my phone and I give it a 6 out of 10. Maybe I had the settings wrong or maybe I am looking for something better.

I zipped each one up and uploaded them to my server if anyone wants them feel free to get them at:

http://neckroad.net/futurama.zip

http://neckroad.net/familyguy.zip

They are little less than 10 meg each/full half hour shows.
    Last edited by tippandrring; 12-05-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    tipp

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They are poor quality becuase Xilisoft SUCKS.

Put it this way. You could use Paint, or your could use Photoshop. You could use Xilisoft, or you could use MPegable.

Yes, Xilisoft has that simple 1 click interface. So does paint.
    MPegable however, is the "professional" equivelant. You're not making your banner ads with Paint, and if you are making your videos with Xilisoft, your are either 1) uneducated or 2) stubborn/stupid

I would give those a 5 out of 10, adn I woudl give videos I converted with MPegable 9 out of 10. It's amazing, the quality is soo good.

So get your **** together and use MPegable.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Damn get em. Although I am completely out of the
    710/815 scene I must agree that the difference is night and day. Glad to see that this thread is still going. Does anyone need me to make any changes to the original post?
    Treo 700W Baby.....stupid V710 is LOOOOOOONG gone

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have to agree those were pretty bad. Nothing out there beats mpegable as of now.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolasmor
    Damn get em. Although I am completely out of the
    710/815 scene I must agree that the difference is night and day. Glad to see that this thread is still going. Does anyone need me to make any changes to the original post?
    One line you may want to change is this one:

"Move along to the Audio Encoding Tab. Change the bitrate to 48kBit/s, Channel to Mono and the Sample Rate Conversion to 22050 Hz"

If you leave this setting alone it encodes at 96kbps stereo aac which gives much better audio and doesn't add that much to overall file size. Maybe for long movies 48 is good but for music videos 96 makes them sound great.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    They are poor quality becuase Xilisoft SUCKS.

Put it this way. You could use Paint, or your could use Photoshop. You could use Xilisoft, or you could use MPegable.

Yes, Xilisoft has that simple 1 click interface. So does paint.
    MPegable however, is the "professional" equivelant. You're not making your banner ads with Paint, and if you are making your videos with Xilisoft, your are either 1) uneducated or 2) stubborn/stupid

I would give those a 5 out of 10, adn I woudl give videos I converted with MPegable 9 out of 10. It's amazing, the quality is soo good.

So get your **** together and use MPegable.
    Thanks for that insulting reply. I guess you have no way of commanding the english language except to insult someone when giving them advice. Your reply actually shows that you, sir, are either uneducated, stubborn and/or stupid, or maybe all three.

I actually admitted that the qulaity was poor and was looking for advice but after dealing with forums and bbs' for over 20 years I am used to replies such as yours.

(spelling flames are even too low for you)
    Last edited by tippandrring; 12-06-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    it sees I cannot edit the post. Mods would you mind?

change:

"Move along to the Audio Encoding Tab. Change the bitrate to 48kBit/s, Channel to Mono and the Sample Rate Conversion to 22050 Hz" to

"Move along to the Audio Encoding Tab. Leave this tab and it will encode at 96kBit/s stereo aac which gives much better audio and doesn't add that much to overall file size, Maybe for long movies 48kBit/s is fine to save on space but for music it will make a big difference"

If you leave this setting alone it encodes at 96kbps stereo aac which gives much better audio and doesn't add that much to overall file size. Maybe for long movies 48 is good but for music videos 96 makes them sound great.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast