Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tippandrring
    Thanks for that insulting reply. I guess you have no way of commanding the english language except to insult someone when giving them advice. Your reply actually shows that you, sir, are either uneducated, stubborn and/or stupid, or maybe all three.

I actually admitted that the qulaity was poor and was looking for advice but after dealing with forums and bbs' for over 20 years I am used to replies such as yours.

(spelling flames are even too low for you)

A little angry I was, but honestly, READ THE ****ING THREAD. Though its beasty now (18 pages), atleast read the first five, every day I hear people ***** about the poor quality of their videos. The first page has a tutorial on making good quality videos. If you aren't going to read around a bit before asking questions, you will get flamed (speaking from experience) It saves me the trouble of the flame, you the trouble of looking stupid, and everyone else the trouble of looking at us fight like its 2nd grade. It's pretty obvious that Xilisoft is a POS, considering there are 3 of the EXACT SAME programs with a different skin and different serial numbers.(I can't remember them now, but when I was trying to convert videos, before I read this thread, I used all 3 trying to find a decent program)

Anyways, sorry for the rudeness, but just read the thread before asking questions.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    A little angry I was, but honestly, READ THE ****ING THREAD. Though its beasty now (18 pages), atleast read the first five, every day I hear people ***** about the poor quality of their videos. The first page has a tutorial on making good quality videos. If you aren't going to read around a bit before asking questions, you will get flamed (speaking from experience) It saves me the trouble of the flame, you the trouble of looking stupid, and everyone else the trouble of looking at us fight like its 2nd grade. It's pretty obvious that Xilisoft is a POS, considering there are 3 of the EXACT SAME programs with a different skin and different serial numbers.(I can't remember them now, but when I was trying to convert videos, before I read this thread, I used all 3 trying to find a decent program)

Anyways, sorry for the rudeness, but just read the thread before asking questions.
    Accept your apology and understanding being angry at times, I just wasn't expecting that at the time.

I downloaded, installed and registered Mpegable and do notice the big difference.

One big difference is that no matter how big the file would be with Xilsoft it would convert it in a matter of minutes or less, real fast. I guess that is why it is crap. Mpegable takes quite a while compared to that, 30 meg took me about 20 minutes.

Another think that I notice is that with Mpegable, if I capture live show with my WinTV card and save it as an .avi Mpegable won't convert it. I am thinking maybe it has to do with the codec I am using with my TV card. DivX.

It will convert all other .avi's that I have and other formats also but not the .avi that WinTV saves. Any ideas on this, I couldn't find anything posted?

Thanks.
    tipp

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use 3GP_Converter v.034 at 128kbps video, 48kbps audio (mono), and 18fps with great results on my E815. It only takes about 5 minutes to do what takes mpegable 35-40 minutes. The program did not come with a config file with these settings, so I made a custom config file which I've attached (hopefully the attachment works).

You can get the program here:

http://translate.google.com/translat.../www.nurs.or.j

I uploaded the config file; just remove the .txt on the end and leave it as an .ini file. Put the file in the 3gp_converter/default_setting/ subdirectory with all the other files that are named Transcoding_*.ini

I converted nine seasons of South Park. The file sizes and quality look comparable to mpegable to me at the same settings, but again, the conversion time is much faster. The E815 easily handles 128/48/18fps; it may handle may more than this, but I haven't bothered to test it.

Enjoy!

---------

I forgot to mention that the program is also drag and drop easy, and has handled avi, mpg, wmv files with equal ease. You can get mpegable to handle these files by installing ffdshow, but it's still much slower.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kmschecter; 12-09-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just looked at two versions of a Venture Brotehrs Episode that I made, one from mpegable and one from 3gp_converter (with identical settings), and I have to say I think the 3gp_converter version with my settings looks much better. Less pixelation during motion and less "noise."

This is totally subjective of course, but personally I don't see bothering with mpegable anymore, especially since 3gp_converter is freeware, much faster and seems to get regular updates, unlike mpegable.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmschecter

This is totally subjective of course, but personally I don't see bothering with mpegable anymore, especially since 3gp_converter is freeware, much faster and seems to get regular updates, unlike mpegable.
    Strange i feel the exact opposite and my videos on similar settings, i don't say exact because you can tweak things more on mpegable still look better than 3gpconverter. Glad you seem to have it fine tuned though and i do wish mpegable was still supported. Oh well, it works for now.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I use 3GP_Converter v.034 at 128kbps video, 48kbps audio (mono), and 18fps with great results on my E815. It only takes about 5 minutes to do what takes mpegable 35-40 minutes. The program did not come with a config file with these settings, so I made a custom config file which I've attached (hopefully the attachment works).

I uploaded the config file; just remove the .txt on the end and leave it as an .ini file. Put the file in the 3gp_converter/default_setting/ subdirectory with all the other files that are named Transcoding_*.ini

I converted nine seasons of South Park. The file sizes and quality look comparable to mpegable to me at the same settings, but again, the conversion time is much faster. The E815 easily handles 128/48/18fps; it may handle may more than this, but I haven't bothered to test it.

Enjoy!

---------

I forgot to mention that the program is also drag and drop easy, and has handled avi, mpg, wmv files with equal ease. You can get mpegable to handle these files by installing ffdshow, but it's still much slower.

I think this makes three times that 3GP_Converter and the transcoding.ini file have been posted here.. It's a great program.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just looked at two versions of a Venture Brotehrs Episode that I made, one from mpegable and one from 3gp_converter (with identical settings), and I have to say I think the 3gp_converter version with my settings looks much better. Less pixelation during motion and less "noise."

I feel the same way. 3GP_Converter (ffmpeg) has all the other programs beat. I've tried mpegable, BenQ AV Converter, and Quicktime Pro. The simplicity of 3GP_Converter makes it a winner and you can tweak the settings through the transcoding.ini file.

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked through the thread, but didn't see any transcoding.ini files for download, so I figured I'd include the one I made. I cleaned it up so it's very easy to understand how to tweak the settings if you spend a few minutes. For those who don't want to mess iwth this or have trouble downloading the file I uploaded, just open up Notepad and copy/paste this and save it as Transcoding_E815.ini to the 3gp_converter/default_setting/ subdirectory.

You will want to delete the "_128_24m_18" from the file names before transferring to the phone; I did that for my own info bu tthe phone doesn't like that kind of filename:

[Info]
    Title=E815 custom
    TitleE=E815 custom
    Description=E815 custom output
    DescriptionE=E815 custom output

[Item0]
    Title=Mono 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,24kbps)
    TitleE=Mono 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,24kbps)
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -i "<%InputFile%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -fixaspect -s 176x144 -r 18 -b 128 -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 22050 -ab 24 -f mp4 -muxvb 128 -muxab 24 "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp" "<%OutputFile%>_128_24m_18.3gp" -c QT_3GPP(MobileMP4)_QCIF_AAC.ini"
    Command2="rm "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""

[Item1]
    Title=Mono 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,48kbps)
    TitleE=Mono 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,48kbps)
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -i "<%InputFile%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -fixaspect -s 176x144 -r 18 -b 128 -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 22050 -ab 48 -f mp4 -muxvb 128 -muxab 48 "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp" "<%OutputFile%>_128_48m_18.3gp" -c QT_3GPP(MobileMP4)_QCIF_AAC.ini"

[Item2]
    Title=Stereo 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,48kbps)
    TitleE=Stereo 3gp (176x144,18fps,128kbps,48kbps)
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -i "<%InputFile%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -fixaspect -s 176x144 -r 18 -b 128 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 22050 -ab 24 -f mp4 -muxvb 128 -muxab 24 "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp" "<%OutputFile%>_128_48s_18.3gp" -c QT_3GPP(MobileMP4)_QCIF_AAC.ini"
    Last edited by kmschecter; 12-09-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Enjoy!

---------

I must of missed previous postings of this program and ini file as posted by another user.

I am glad I checked this today because this is perfect for me. After changing from Xilsoft, which I was flamed for using , then changing to Mpegable, which is a very good program but takes forever to convert. I also had problems with using Mpegable with my WinTV capture card.

This 3GP converter is fast and the quality is very good especially since I am using it for a cell phone. I can understand all the posts about good and crappy quality but it is a cell phone not my Cineplex so this 3GP quality is perfect with the .ini file file posted and no problems with this program using my WinTV card. Fast and compression ia good, for what I have experimented with, It gets a 100 meg file down to 13 meg.

Thanks for posting (or re-posting) this info with the .ini file!

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This setting also works great, although of course the files are larger:

[Item7]
    Title=Mono 3gp (176x144,24fps,160kbps,24kbps)
    TitleE=Mono 3gp (176x144,24fps,160kbps,24kbps)
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -i "<%InputFile%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -fixaspect -s 176x144 -r 24 -b 160 -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 16000 -ab 16 -f mp4 -muxvb 160 -muxab 16 "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp" "<%OutputFile%>.3gp" -c QT_3GPP(MobileMP4)_QCIF_AAC.ini"

I tried 192kbps/24fps as well, but the difference wasn't really noticeable to me at 24fps. So long as I keep the audio stream capped at 24kbps, it doesn't seem to fall behind, but any higher than that with high video rates and audio starts to lag. If you're ok with sacrificing some sound quality and going mono, you can get really nice smooth video.

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    wierd, i just used 3gp converter for 2 diff videos... when i press up to use fullscreen, one flips 90 degrees, and the other stretches vertically... anyone know why?

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    getting wierder.. i converted the same video that didnt flip 90 degrees for fullscreen again with 3gp... i hit full screen, it flipped (YAY)... now it wont do it! it only flipped the first time!?!?! very wierded out over here

Device(s)
    iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No flip here at all using 3gp, it just streches it. Everytime i did it with mpegbl it came out 90* but sound was messed up. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
    I do wanna keep using 3gp since it's fast as hell but could that have something to do with it?

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fullscreen?? How??

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    the only one that works is a super short clip from my canon powershot of a friend being silly, flips 90*, sound perfect... ill email it to someone for investigation/a laugh... that poses another question... any hacks to make a video clip as a ringer ID?
    Last edited by bgbop15; 12-12-2005 at 08:56 PM. Reason: more info

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did some more research and tried some new settings, including noise reduction and some brightness controls, etc:

[Item9]
    Title=Mono 3gp (176x144,var_fps,176kbps,24kbps)
    TitleE=Mono 3gp (176x144,var_fps,176kbps,24kbps)
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -hq -4mv -i "<%InputFile%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -title "<%Title%>" -bitexact -vcodec mpeg4 -fixaspect -s 176x144 -b 176 -acodec aac -lumi_mask 0.05 -dark_mask 0.05 -nr 500 -pred 1 -ac 1 -ar 16000 -ab 16 -f mp4 -muxvb 176 -muxab 16 "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.3gp" "<%OutputFile%>.3gp" -c QT_3GPP(MobileMP4)_QCIF_AAC.ini"

Please don't ask me to explain them. Just try them, and if you don't like them, don't use them. It's set to keep the fps of the input file; I've found that 24fps and even 30fps seem to play just fine with these settings, but it may vary depending on the input file.

Device(s)
    Razr v3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    does this turn the video 90* when fullscreen is activated?

Device(s)
    E815 hacked
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    n e one pls where is this fullscreen button?

Device(s)
    iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_z06
    n e one pls where is this fullscreen button?
    when playing back a video, press the up button (softkey/navigation...whatever u wanna call it)

Device(s)
    iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Regarding fulscreen flipping.
    Could it be that 3gp doesnt make the video size big enough thus the video stretches since it's too small to be fulscreen 90*? I'll try slightly larger vid dimensions just and try it out as soon as a find a bit of time. Keep me posted if u try it before me.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast