Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by dropped
    yeah, that's the first thing i tried to do...no luck. while the movie is playing, those buttons do not work
    That's weird. Works for me. Maybe Telus models are different? But on a side note, the volume is not too adjustable, either. On volume 1, it's still pretty loud. Good thing my "bluetooth" enabled v710 paired with my bluetooth headset works like a char....oh, wait, nevermind...

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, Divx files convert exactly the same as any other file type
    Treo 700W Baby.....stupid V710 is LOOOOOOONG gone

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why me?

Talk about frustration! After multiple failed attempts to make a video that worked, I contacted nikolasmor for help. I sent him a file, he converted it and sent it back. It worked great. We walked through the steps (which I have memorzed, I've done them so many times) and I tried yet again with the same file I'd sent him. Again. I got a video that won't play on the PC or the v710. There is video in the file, you can use the forward/rewind and see it but the video does not play. No errors, it just sits there trying and never increments the counter. For lack of a better idea, I uninstalled mpegable and reinstalled it. No change. Next I tried the Xilisoft converter. It did create a video that played fine on the PC but once transferred to the v710, it played at about 1 fps with little blips of sound. Ahhrrgh! Next I got the bright idea of installing mpegable on my other pc. This was a clean machine with no other video or audio progs or codecs installed other than what came with the OS. I ran mepegable and tried to open several files. Some some xvid, some div3/4, etc. Once loaded, they all said there was no audio in the file and gave the 'mismatch' error. So, I next loaded divx 5.x on the pc and shazam! I could now load the files into the converter and proceed with the encode process. Unfortunately, the end result was the same unplayable file. Now, since I couldn't do anything with the files until loaded divx, I'm questioning whether my problems are codec related? Since most of my files are xvid/div3/4 do I need to have a special codec pack installed to get these things to convert properly? Divx will play them back ok but that doesn't mean the codecs that come with the divx bundle work correctly when trying to do a format conversion. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by headllama; 02-01-2005 at 09:55 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Feedback Score

Re: Why me?

Originally posted by headllama
    Talk about frustration! After multiple failed attempts to make a video that worked, I contacted nikolasmor for help. I sent him a file, he converted it and sent it back. It worked great. We walked through the steps (which I have memorzed, I've done them so many times) and I tried yet again with the same file I'd sent him. Again. I got a video that won't play on the PC or the v710. There is video in the file, you can use the forward/rewind and see it but the video does not play. No errors, it just sits there trying and never increments the counter. For lack of a better idea, I uninstalled mpegable and reinstalled it. No change. Next I tried the Xilisoft converter. It did create a video that played fine on the PC but once transferred to the v710, it played at about 1 fps with little blips of sound. Ahhrrgh! Next I got the bright idea of installing mpegable on my other pc. This was a clean machine with no other video or audio progs or codecs installed other than what came with the OS. I ran mepegable and tried to open several files. Some some xvid, some div3/4, etc. Once loaded, they all said there was no audio in the file and gave the 'mismatch' error. So, I next loaded divx 5.x on the pc and shazam! I could now load the files into the converter and proceed with the encode process. Unfortunately, the end result was the same unplayable file. Now, since I couldn't do anything with the files until loaded divx, I'm questioning whether my problems are codec related? Since most of my files are xvid/div3/4 do I need to have a special codec pack installed to get these things to convert properly? Divx will play them back ok but that doesn't mean the codecs that come with the divx bundle work correctly when trying to do a format conversion. Any help would be appreciated.
    yeah it does sound like you need a good codec installed...careful cuz some codecs out there arent that great...anyways try this one...it worked for me

Code:
    http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06MGXIYQI7IT538NE93M8C831V

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Llhama let me know if that works, I have all the newest codecs installed. In fact someone at work watched the entire episode of nip tuck you sent me with no problem today

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Feedback Score
    nikolasmor

do you ever get audio skips in the videos that u process? On the long video clips I get some skipping in the audio. Is this normal?

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul (Current)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe no one requested Family Guy

LoL anyway, I can't wait til I get my transflash in just a few days from eCost. Actually cost less than amazon cause amazon didn't have any SD readers (except outside shops) so shipping killed it. Anyways, I'll probably try and make everything I can when I get my TF; course assuming nikolasmor is willing to help if I get stuck

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I get no audio skips in my files

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Of course I'd be willing to help...I have family guy, just haven't converted them yet

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul (Current)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by nikolasmor
    Of course I'd be willing to help...I have family guy, just haven't converted them yet
    Much love for that lol. Anyway, I was just curious, It seems like a lot of people are using mpegable to do conversions as well as use some codecs? By using codecs, how does the phone recognize it? I mean you can't install codecs right?

Okay some quick questions: Does mpegable work with ogg vorbis files (.ogm)? And according to the specifications nikolasmor made on the first post, about how long of a video can you put on a 128tf card?

Through my reading somewhere, I believe it's about 3hrs? Thanks lots! (I get my tf tomorrow!)

Edit: Oh I think I was mistaken; perhaps the divx codecs and such were ones to decode the video into a file the phone would read?
    Last edited by LKJ824; 02-02-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah, you're right about the codecs....as far as videos size...depending on the settings you use you can fit 3-4 hours on the phone

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Matrix will be uploaded to v710.mirrorz.com

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Finally!

I downloaded the xvid install that djone suggested and I have now successfully encoded an episode of nip tuck and stargate atlantis. Both play great, smooth with no skipping.
    I did nip tuck at 128kbs vid, 24kbs audio and it's really sharp but 50MB in size. Atlantis is at 92/16 it's not as pretty but its only 35mb. For both of them, I uncheck display dimension on the image preprocessing screen then use the user defined option on the crop/resize screen. That way I keep the original aspect ratio.
    Thanks much for the codec and everyone's help!

Oops, I take what I said about atlantis back! It starts out good then after a short while half the screen turns flickering green and the whole vid gets slow and pixelated. The green only shows on the phone, but the rest happens on both the phone and PC.

Guess I'll try the same settings as I did for nip tuck and see what that does.
    Last edited by headllama; 02-02-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good deal, glad to see you got it going....(slaps self for not thinking of codecs before)

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

No Joy

Tried to re-encode Atlantis a couple of different ways and I always get a dorked up result. Apparently the xvid codec that worked well with Nip Tuck doesn't do the job for this one. Also, I still can't even load any of the episodes of Stargate SG-1. Mpegable just crashes. I looked at them with AVI Info and it says they have an unknown audio codec. They play fine on the PC though, so who knows what the problem is? At least I've satisfied myself that I can create a video that works (if I have all the proper components). I wasted too many hours of my life just spinning my wheels last week.

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul (Current)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Re: No Joy

Originally posted by headllama
    Tried to re-encode Atlantis a couple of different ways and I always get a dorked up result. Apparently the xvid codec that worked well with Nip Tuck doesn't do the job for this one. Also, I still can't even load any of the episodes of Stargate SG-1. Mpegable just crashes. I looked at them with AVI Info and it says they have an unknown audio codec. They play fine on the PC though, so who knows what the problem is? At least I've satisfied myself that I can create a video that works (if I have all the proper components). I wasted too many hours of my life just spinning my wheels last week.
    Dammit I'm tracking my TF package every few minutes LoL. Anyways, I was planning on watching CSI or either of the Stargate series on my phone while at the gym (<3 Stargate). I can play the normally downloaded file fine on Media Player with the codec pack I have, but I'm not sure if that really makes a difference in Mpegable being able to decode it. What codec (pack) do you use and can you normally view the video files without trouble on your PC?

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What transflash directory are you placing the videos in?

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just keep my codes updated and have the latest installed.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Fastfinger
    What transflash directory are you placing the videos in?
    The topmost directory(the drive itself, not in a sub-dir or anything)K: in my case

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by nikolasmor
    The topmost directory(the drive itself, not in a sub-dir or anything)K: in my case
    Thanks!

Is there anything that improves play. I'm getting an annoying very loud buzzing type noise now and then on Sim 3d video. Other than that it looks great.
    Last edited by Fastfinger; 02-04-2005 at 09:10 PM.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast