Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    I followed the directions exactly.. twice. I dunno what it was (codecs?) but I got no sound either time.

Anyway, I converted it to an mp4 with nero recode and it's perfect. I even clipped off the first 30 seconds or so of wasted space. If you, or anyone else wants it, just let me know.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So you got it to phone-capable format? Send it ot me on aim (ascii) and I'll post it, if it's okay with you.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    nikolasmor, would you mind adding a link to my FFmpeg conversion thread in the first post of this thread? It's a guide for people who want to use freeware or are on Mac or Linux. It also supports direct VOB to 3G2 encoding, without using a middle step like AutoGK to convert to XviD first.

Thanks, and here's the link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=5638210

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Problems

Hey guys, thought someone might be able to help me out here. I follow the steps on the first post exactly and heres what I get. I started out with an xvid/divx Best of Will Ferrell video. Its 700 megs. Quality is great on my computer. After following the steps I start to convert and on the preview window I can already tell the output looks extremely blurry compared to the input. I let the conversion finish and try to play the video. Mpegable Player will not play the file, just shows the section of the video I drag the bar to, but it won't play, like its froze. I can open the video in quicktime fine, but theres no sound. Any idea what could be wrong here that Mpegable Player won't even play the file? When I get home from work this afternoon I can give screen shots and a sample video if that would help. Like I said though, I followed the front steps exactly. I even tried 2 or 3 different divx/xvid movies. Same thing with all of them.

~Stro~

Device(s)
    VZW Moto ZN4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I made a thread about this but when I saw this stickied I thought it should be here.

How to convert Flash (swf) into MP4

Finally found a good way to convert flash to a playable video on the phone. This method can also be used for any other video that other encoders may have problems with. Basically, if Media Player Classic can play it, then this method can be used. You will need:

Camtasia Studio: www.techsmith.com (I know, not free, but you can download a trial and get it registered pretty easily.)
    Media Player Classic (easy to find if you don't have it.)
    Benq Encoder

1) Open the SWF in Media Player Classic. Do not maximize or go fullscreen, leave it in a window. Stop playback if the video is playing. Set the volume LOW (10-20% or so).
    2) Load Camtasia Recorder. Click the drop-down arrow next to the red record button. Choose Window.
    3) Just below the record button, click the "record audio" icon so it is enabled.
    4) Now press record. Move the pointer over to the MPC window. It should automatically select the player area in a blue box. Click once. Wait just a half a second press play in MPC (If you are too fast the recorder may not catch the first fraction of a second.) You should have blinking corners now telling you the video is capturing.
    5) When the video is done press F10. A preview plays. If it looks right hit save and give it a name.
    6) At the next prompt choose "Produce my video in a shareable format"
    7) Choose type AVI
    8) On the next screen click audio format and change it to PCM 44.100Khz, 16 bit mono.
    9) Click next, leaving everything else default, and give it a name at the end.

Now you have a nice AVI that can be converted to MP4 with the Benq encoder. I noticed that 3GP has synchronizing issues so stick with MP4 for these. The only issue is a small part of the bottom of the picture is cut off during playback.

I should note that although the audio recorded direct for me, at least one other forum member had trouble getting that to work and actually used a loopback plug from the audio out to the mic in to make it work. If someone knows a sure-fire way to make direct audio capturing work for everyone, please post.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK Guys, after install a huge codec pack (ace mega ....) I now have sound. My only problem now is that no matter what I adjust (bitrates) or what I use as a source video (DVD, divx or xvid) the output still looks blurry compared to the input. Maybe once its on my phone I won't notice. I'll host a picture if someone wants to see the comparison. PM me if you think you can help. Its just not even close to the quality of the source.

Stro

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alright, well I downloaded some other people's videos and read a few more threads and evidently the quality I'm getting is as good as it gets. I dont quite understand why though. I raise the bitrate and see no noticeable difference. It still looks pixelated no matter what I do.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    phreaker, there are a bunch of programs that do a better way than that, I'll look for em, I used to have a few, they worked in the same way that i posted in your thread. but are cheaper

Device(s)
    V3M
    Feedback Score
    I got this working. Totally rockin'.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/videos/1/
    this site has some good videos too

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Moto t725 (sold)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, I haven't attempted any converting of my own yet, but I downloaded a few 3gp files and they play really choppy. Out of the batch, one was a 3g2 file, and it plays fine. So, what I wanna know is, is there any way to get the 3gp ones to work, or can the e815 only use 3g2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    hi all,
    i just wanted to know how much space on the 256mb trans flash does a full 2 hr movie take up? thanks

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For those wondering... It seems that while the step by step in post one works everytime, it only does so if you have updated Codecs. Get a large codec pack with every codec possible before trying this. I had audio issues and then weird video issues until I updated.

As for size. I have two full DVDs on my 256 TF card. I have an 1.5 hour movie and a 2.5 hour movie. They play great with no choppiness whatsoever. I still have plenty of room for wallpapers and 10 or so MP3's as well.

~Stro~

EDIT The exact size of the 1.5 hour movie is 110 MB using a bitrate of 92. The size of the 2.5 hour movie is 110 MB using a bitrate of around 80 I believe. It all depends on the audio and video bitrates you use.
    Last edited by XStroX1; 08-23-2005 at 09:42 AM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if I follow the guid exactly but change it from mono to stereo if I will then get stereo sound when I have headphones plugged in? That would be really nice but I'm not sure if it would work. Thanks

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah, you probably would, but the size will EXPLODE. Just get/make an adaptor to turn mono into stereo

Device(s)
    LG VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If it's encoded in mono.. I'm pretty sure you can't have a physical device separate it back to stereo. Correct me if I'm wrong....

And I'm sure you can just change it to stereo for stereo sound, but I assume it would increase the file size significantly. So what's more important, stereo sound or file size?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You definately can't "split" mono into stereo. You can "split" a mono signal to both ears but thats not stereo sound.

I guess I'll just have to try it with stereo sound and see how much bigger the file gets. I wouldnt think it should get more than say 25% bigger. I can save that by lowering the video bitrate which doesn't seem to affect it very much. I looked at an 800 bitrate clip and then a 100 bitrate clip and could barely tell a different on the phone.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just thought I'd check in, I wrote the walkthrough over 8 months ago and am glad to see it's still working. As some of you may know I trade my 710 in for a Treo 650 a few months ago. I did this for 2 reasons, 1 because I was having many repeated problems with my V710's(stress on the plural) and 2 because I needed a PDA for work...so what better way. I do not have alot of free time but still try to help people with converting or general questions. Please try and forgive me if I do not respond to emails as I STILL get at least 2 or 3 a day from people because of this thread, sometimes more. Hope all of your travels with the 710 and 815 are well. See ya

Nikk.......btw still no donations to my **** fund lol.......
    Treo 700W Baby.....stupid V710 is LOOOOOOONG gone

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast