Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Video Conversion Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score

Talking Trying to register Mpegable X4 Live

Help ! I want to get rid of the decal. Just found out about this program. I have my own thread "Play Full length Movies" at http://www.v710.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1092
    but I like this program because you can brighten the videos.
    tried some cracks but it does not work and the sites are full of spyware, malware and viruses. I have to much stuff to loss to be playing around at those sites

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If your talking about MPEGable, you can get rid of the decal buy buying the full version. PM me.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yo MTF1138(THX-1138 heh)85 If you've giot AIM or MSN or google talk, talk to n3ldan [at] gmail [dot] com or ascii (aim only) and I can help you out.

Device(s)
    VX6000 (use as alarmclock)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

dvd conversion

I`m confused...

I can convert any short clip w/o a problem with mpegable....transfer it to my flash card...and play it w/o a glitch..... The posting in the beginning of this thread Rock.... THANKS!!!

I can play a movie clip through my capture card and convert that w/o a problem...too

but taking a dvd and converting it.... cant get it to work...
    I decrypt it in dvd dycrypter ....breaking it down into 1gig files then i try to convert them through mpegable....1st problem is they never finish
    2nd problem is that they are too big...

what kind of file should it be after its dvd decrypted??

How do you condense the file? am I skipping a viable step in this process???

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you can, make DVD Decypter turn it all into ONE file, and then use AutoGK to turn it into XviD. THen use MPEGable for that. I am working on a video tutorial, so expect that in the next few weeks.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Converting to XviD is a wasted step. No reason to do that if you use a decent encoder. Rip to VOB in IFO mode in DVD Decrypter to a single file (use stream processing and pick the audio you want.) Then encode the vob using FFmpeg. Details in my thread here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=5638210

(Scroll down to the updated guide for info on how to add letterboxing.)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    when i went through a few of the links of the videos posted on this thread, i downloaded a few only to find out they werent playing on my phone, does anyone have a link to a v710/e815 specific video page?

also im assuming full screen is not available?

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I installed Mpegable on my Win2K machine and it worked fine. Installed it on my Win XP (SP1) system and it would not reboot (get's stuck at the 'Loading personal settings' screen)... I had to restart in Safe mode and uninstall the program and after that XP booted back normally. Any others having this issue?

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Solo, check out http://n3ldan.info/cell/ When filefront lets me upload again, I have the newest season of Family Guy, and two seasons of futurama, so check back later, I only post videos designed ofr E815/V710

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by javawhz
    I installed Mpegable on my Win2K machine and it worked fine. Installed it on my Win XP (SP1) system and it would not reboot (get's stuck at the 'Loading personal settings' screen)... I had to restart in Safe mode and uninstall the program and after that XP booted back normally. Any others having this issue?
    Just FYI, if you go to the mpegable Web site, they inform you that they no long distribute tools to end users. So don't expect any further support or updates from them.

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    BTW, anyone runing SP1 = crazy. As you may have guessed, I really believe in security, one of the reasons why I run linux. Running SP1 is practically commiting suicide, even with teh best firewall (ZoneAlarms) best anti-virus (Kaspersky) and letting windows update, its just foolish. I don't let users without SP2 on my network, and besides, its been a whole year, you really should get it installed. Pah, thats my 2 cents.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    BTW, anyone runing SP1 = crazy. As you may have guessed, I really believe in security, one of the reasons why I run linux. Running SP1 is practically commiting suicide, even with teh best firewall (ZoneAlarms) best anti-virus (Kaspersky) and letting windows update, its just foolish. I don't let users without SP2 on my network, and besides, its been a whole year, you really should get it installed. Pah, thats my 2 cents.
    n3, there is a reason I'm still running SP1. Several months ago I attempted to upgrade to SP2 and it totally hosed my system. I had to do a system restore and barely managed to salvage all my data. The reason was that I had bought a system with the then newly introduced Prescott chip.

Microsoft decided to turn on a special security feature on the Prescott chip in SP2 which was incompatible with my Asus BIOS (Board P4P800-E Deluxe). Unfortunately at that time neither Asus nor Microsoft had any solutions. Asus released a new BIOS few months later and Microsoft published several KB articles acknowledging that Prescott chips and SP2 had serious conflicts unless either a patch was installed or a BIOS update was done. I haven't gotten to researching the current status of SP2 vs Prescott yet but once I do I will go ahead and update to SP2

Articles:

http://cquirke.mvps.org/sp2intel.htm
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
    http://msmvps.com/chrisl/archive/2004/08/22/12197.aspx

Device(s)
    E815
    Feedback Score
    I have converted a few vids/movies with success using Mpegable, TY for the guide!

but there is one video im stuck on:
    (dave chapelle show - chapelle show - rick james.mpg)

When i load the file in mpegable i get "no audio" under the audio tab
    -seems im missing some codec probably

Codecs installed on my XP_SP2 box:
    Xvid 1.0.3
    Divx6
    Radium's MP3 codec

If i use virtuedub i can format the file into divx/mp3audio. After that I can convert it with no problems in Mpegable, audio and all

However-- the video quality gets washed out with the extra Divx step

Please help~ how can i get audio to show up in mpegable when using .mpg as a source file.

PleaseStirMe

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alright, the codecs is the problem. Check free-codecs.com, get the k-lite codec, or the Ace Mega Codecs pack if you want EVERY codec EVER. The k-lite is usually enough, but if it doesnt work with teh k-lite uninstall the k-lite and install ace mega, then it will work for sure.

Device(s)
    LG VX-8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

saving

i followed every step in your guide, but i cant figure out how to tell the program where to save it to, can somebody help me?

Device(s)
    LG VX-8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok nevermind, it saves to same location it started, which is fine, but now i get the 3gp file on my card, and it doesnt recognize it on the phone, i downloaded someone else's converted 3gp video, and that worked and showed up, but mine doesnt work

Device(s)
    U740
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Rename from 3gp to 3g2

Device(s)
    LG VX-8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well i found out the real problem, i did a search for 3gp converters and got linked to this thread from the search thread, i have a lg 8100, and was trying to create a 3gp for a motorola, so that doesnt really work, ill figure it out eventually. if anyone has a tutorial for 3gp conversion for lg 8100, you are welcome to let me know

Feedback Score

Unhappy Question for n3ldan

Quote Originally Posted by n3ldan
    Solo, check out http://n3ldan.info/cell/ When filefront lets me upload again, I have the newest season of Family Guy, and two seasons of futurama, so check back later, I only post videos designed ofr E815/V710
    Question for you......Did you use dvd decrypt. and then mpegable for these episodes because, I can't believe how good they look on the phone. I'm trying to process the incredibles and whenever I use mpegable, the first chunk comes in with the director's comment. Additionally, while doing the same with dumb and dumber, the first chunk is in french.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Take care,

Also what settings do you use for movies with episodes or chapters. There are so many selections available.
    Last edited by nhbman; 09-11-2005 at 09:30 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seeing as i cant buy mpegable and i dont like the icon it puts in the top left corner anyone have any other choice of encoding program? Also i have a few movies in mp4 format for PSP and i tried converting them with mpegable but it never worked just wouldnt start, no error or anything. let me know thanks

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast