Thread: Can i turn a plan phone into a prepaid phone?

Phones
    Motorola v710
    Audiovox vx6700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Can i turn a plan phone into a prepaid phone?

My LG 5450 from Alltel has recently been shut off and when i was at wal-mart looking at prepaid phones i saw this card that had all the companies on it,im not sure if its a pre paid phone card or not but i was thinking if i can turn my phone into a prepaid phone.So i need some help
    so your telling me you have 7 bars?

FeedBack

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Kyo SE44 slider
    Kyo 3250 T2T
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    you can change your recently shut off plan phone into a "Alltel" prepaid phone with proper plan and activation through alltel.

peace

rob

Phones
    HTC Hero
    Moto Photon
    Moto W755 (PP)
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Formerly Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to take a Simplefreedom phone and convert it to a regular plan, such as adding it to a family plan? I have a Nokia 3585i I would like to move from SF to my family plan.

thanks!
    Scott

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Kyo SE44 slider
    Kyo 3250 T2T
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    well, i don't see the problem with it, but there might be some complication. because i think simple freedom works on a slightly different network i believe. But, Alltel has its own prepaid "no contract" plans. for example: 25 cents pay as you go, 29.99- 200 peak 1000 offpeak, 39.99- 400 peak 2000 offpeak, 69.99 700 peak 3000 offpeak.

Phones
    Droid X
    DROID X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Can i turn a plan phone into a prepaid phone?

Originally posted by Carbon_Fiber
    My LG 5450 from Alltel has recently been shut off and when i was at wal-mart looking at prepaid phones i saw this card that had all the companies on it,im not sure if its a pre paid phone card or not but i was thinking if i can turn my phone into a prepaid phone.So i need some help
    If you mean "Shut off" like you didnt pay your bill... Then the ESN will MOST LIKELY be in "terminated status" if so your S.O.L. and if thats the case and you bought it just recently from a agent, Then you should take it back... They lose LOTS of money from that.

-JMG-

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Audiovox 8410
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    You can not use prepaid numbers on a postpaid rate plan. You'll have to sign up a contract and you'll be assigned a new number.

The Simple Freedom plan doesn't work off a different network. The "network" closely mirrors the National Freedom Plan from ALLTEL.

(http://www.simplefreedom.net/SimpleF...verageArea.htm) See coverage map.

You also can not activate a Simple Freedom number on a postpaid plan. (Since it is a prepaid service.)

Hope this helps.
    The Famous Socrates once said, "I DRANK WHAT ???*&^%"

The UnFamous Jack once said, "Stingy Mingy Tightwads!"

I have 150 GMAIL invites. If anyone wants one please PM me.

Phones
    LG LX-5550
    Motorola v262
    Audiovox CDM-8910
    Carriers
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Actually, yes you can activate a SImple Freedom phone on a post-paid plan. I have seen dozens of people do it. Just beware that within the next few weeks that all the simple freedom 3587's will be locked. Up until recently, they left the SPC at 000000, but apparently they finally caught on.

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Audiovox 8410
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by MORPHeusBreakz
    Actually, yes you can activate a SImple Freedom phone on a post-paid plan. I have seen dozens of people do it. Just beware that within the next few weeks that all the simple freedom 3587's will be locked. Up until recently, they left the SPC at 000000, but apparently they finally caught on.
    The phone yes, the phone number can not be used on a postpaid plan.

Phones
    Motorola v710
    Audiovox vx6700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was on the family talk plan for about 6 months now and my dad did not pay the bills so can i still change it to a prepaid phone?And explain the peek and off peek minutes.

Phones
    Pearl
    LG Glimmer
    Kpc680 Express Card
    Carrier
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    I was on the family talk plan for about 6 months now and my dad did not pay the bills so can i still change it to a prepaid phone?And explain the peek and off peek minutes.
    if the phone was disconnected for nonpayment...if the rep checks the history of the phone like they're supposed to or if it's still on the account in the billing system as non pay disconnect...you'll probably be told that in order to activate the phone the balance on the old account will have to be paid before you can have that phone's serial number removed from the old account so you can use it on a new service.
    peak=MON-FRI 6:00-9:00pm
    off Peak=MON-FRI 9:01pm-5:59am and all day SAT and SUN

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Audiovox 8410
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    No the phone can not be reactivate as a prepaid phone. The pastdue balance or bad debt would have to be cleared to activate that phone.