Thread: saving voice recordings

Hybrid View

Feedback Score

saving voice recordings

how do i save the voice recordings from the phone? couldnt find it...

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK it was kinda complicated to find out how but the preocess is easy. Just hold down the voice command button and you'll see a timer pop up....start talking whle holding the button, when you are done let go of the button and the phone will prompt you to save it
    Treo 700W Baby.....stupid V710 is LOOOOOOONG gone

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes but where are they stored on the phone? It would be nice to take them off the phone from time to time.
    iPhone 3G (16GB White) | Jailbroken,Hacked,Unlocked,Installous | Jawbone 2 | SwitchEasy Capsule Neo | WM&VZW > iPhone&ATT Convert |

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh..dont have the phone but i think its under tools>voice records and then if you press the option(middle top) you can transfer it to card...actually you can save it to the card I think too....

Feedback Score
    nuh uh. There's no option to move or copy the voice records, which would be a greatly appreciated feature!

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    has there been a resolution to this? i too would like to be able to use voice records as ring tones.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    You can use the Send as Message option and send to a bogus number (like 5555555). You can Insert a voice record and send the message - it will fail (because 5555555 is a bogus number) and be in your outbox. You can then save it to your phone or TF card from the Outbox. BUT, you still will not have the option to use as ringtone. Apparently you cant use qcp files for ringtones.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    .... You can then save it to your phone or TF card from the Outbox. BUT, you still will not have the option to use as ringtone.
    The file on the TF can then be listened to on the PC?

Btw, is there a way to do this if you don't have a TF card?

[EDIT]
    Never mind, it looks like BitPIM can access them... Filesystem -> VoiceDB -> All -> Memos. There are .QCP files listed there and can be saved from the phone to the PC. Now I just need something to either play them back or convert them to something than can be played on the PC.

[ANOTHER EDIT]
    Maybe I should look before I post...
    Found... Qualcomm PureVoice v2.0 for Windows HERE that is a free download. It allows me to play the .QCP files back on the PC... Their rather quiet, but at least I can hear them.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 05-15-2005 at 01:04 PM.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    The file on the TF can then be listened to on the PC?

Btw, is there a way to do this if you don't have a TF card?

[EDIT]
    Never mind, it looks like BitPIM can access them... Filesystem -> VoiceDB -> All -> Memos. There are .QCP files listed there and can be saved from the phone to the PC. Now I just need something to either play them back or convert them to something than can be played on the PC.

[ANOTHER EDIT]
    Maybe I should look before I post...
    Found... Qualcomm PureVoice v2.0 for Windows HERE that is a free download. It allows me to play the .QCP files back on the PC... Their rather quiet, but at least I can hear them.

Thanks!!
    lol .. I was just going to give you this link:
    http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/pr...e_download.jsp
    But, I see you already found it. I use that to convert my qcp files to wav files. I have my pic server script convert the qcp files on the fly with purevoice (for Linux) - then I have a nice wav file for my web page.

EDIT: Sorry Mark. Thought it was nuuuuts posting.
    Last edited by Humpa; 05-15-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Altell
    Feedback Score

CDMA (esp v3c)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    BitPIM can access them... Filesystem -> VoiceDB -> All -> Memos.
    Where can these be found in the altell flashed cdma filesystem, or is emailing it via mms the best option?

[EDIT]Actually emailing an already saved voice record is not possible, you have to record a new one.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by vaughtster; 09-29-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i have the motorola rokr and i recorded my voice, sent it to a bogus number, then saved the file on my phones micro sd card.... then moved it to my phone from the card and looked under my ringtones in "loud detail" and it works just fine.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stormteaser19
    i have the motorola rokr and i recorded my voice, sent it to a bogus number, then saved the file on my phones micro sd card.... then moved it to my phone from the card and looked under my ringtones in "loud detail" and it works just fine.
    You do realize how old this thread is, right?

back when this thread was started... that was NOT possible on the V710, E815 and other phones..
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...