Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ALLTEL/AT&T merger ?'s

Phone
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question ALLTEL/AT&T merger ?'s

Hello wireless world. Im an AT&T employee and as most of you may know by now ALLTEL is taking over some of the cingular divested markets from the merger. Alltel has never been in the OKC market, therfore we really dont know anything about the internal side of the company. So basically I just have a few basic ?'s. 1. Is alltell a good company to work for and is there pay pretty competitive with other carriers. 2. Can anybody tell me what there employee (phone) plans are like and if spouses are eligible. 3. Are the benifits pretty good. Any help that anybody could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Phones
    Samsung Captivate (07/10 - Present)
    Motoroloa Q9H (07 - 7/10)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1) i think they are the lowest in my area as far as plans go. but they do jack up the prices on stuff that other companies give for free. ie- text message
    2) cant help ya there...im sure its the same as the customers though
    3) i think the benifits are good..then again this is my first cell phone provider. its good because they are pretty cheap, and run off of verizon's towers when roaming. kinda a win-win there

Feedback Score
    I have a neighbor that works for ALLTEL and he's told me they pay pretty well and have good benefits. He seems to be quite happy working for them. I have no idea what type of employee rate plans they offer though.
    Last edited by Guest 174; 12-20-2004 at 01:12 PM.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm just going to go ahead and put all of my business out there, lol. Pay? I made $33,000 last year as a CSR in a call center. That is counting comission. I honestly LOVE working for ALLTEL, dispite the attitude of my posts that you will see sometimes. Benifits are great...MOST of my Dr's bills (I got 3x/month to an ENT/Audiologist...I'm actually hearing impaired w/ a hearing aid, and yes I work on the phone, lol) and all of those bills are paid for. Teeth are squeeky clean (excellent dental). I am going to PM you with the phone plans for employees since I am not sure if I am actually allowed to post them here (I can almost bet my life that ALLTEL reads this forum). They are MUCH different than the published plans.

We are all going to have different opinions of the company. Especially retail vs. call center. I've been with the company for years, and I have few complaints.

Check your PM's.
    "Thank you for calling ALLTEL Advanced Tech Support, my name is Joann, how may I help you?"

My opinions/ideas/recomendations/comments are mine, and MINE only. ALLTEL is NOT to be held responsible or accountable for anything I say on HoFo. So quit your whining

Phone
    Kyocera 3250
    Carrier
    AllTel
    Feedback Score
    I think the employee plan could be a little bit better ... how about give us a few more text messages and some LONG distance.

I have my complaints about the company. The benefits are pretty good. As a CSR, i've made more this year than i have any previous job (which is pretty sad).

Now if only Verizon will buy us out and let me keep my employee plan ....

Phones
    Motorola V710
    Kyo SE44 slider
    Kyo 3250 T2T
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Alltel in my opinion is a very good company...I have some complaints among some more complaints...however I like to B**** a lot...haha

employee plan is cool w/ me...i would enjoy long distance, because I had to learn that the hard way...i should've been paying atttention.

I think you'll like it...

peace

Rob

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    When Moe (Choice Wireless on the board) and I were talking...we would call each other and talk for hours and hours a day. I was a little scared when I opened my bill it was covered, he's in an Ohio market.

I call my dad who is in the LYN market...that is free

so I have no LD complaints.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    I do have one complaint

I wish we could wear pajama's to work in the call center. We have to dress business casual. I understand that they are trying to keep the professionalism in the call center, but I want to wear pj's. haha

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    working retail used to be fun but is not as much anymore. You should make more than thejoannshow if you can sell worth a darn as retail gets paid more than call center reps usually. be prepared that the focus on one product or another changes rapidly and when they push for a product they REALLY push it (i.e. text messaging)

Major complements

- good plans to sell customers
    - decent benefits
    - relatively good pay - retail reps can make $35K-$55K / yr

Major complaints

- company seems to have little loyalty to employees (but what company does?)
    - free feature sales (i'll leave that alone)
    - frequent compensation plan changes
    - some unethical managers out there that tell you to shady things to make sales
    Last edited by User999; 12-21-2004 at 09:22 AM.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier
    ALLTEL
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by User999
    working retail used to be fun but is not as much anymore. You should make more than thejoannshow if you can sell worth a darn as retail gets paid more than call center reps usually.
    With comission, yes. Retail reps start off between $8.99-$11.06, depending on the market, cost of living and wether you are a SSR or a USR. Call center reps start out between $10.59-$12.78. As we all know, or positions are "plus comission, and plus spiffs".

Phone
    VE20
    Feedback Score
    How does a call center rep make commission if the work is assisting with people's problems and not selling them new stuff?

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    by selling features - and now even $9.99 shared lines

Phone
    Kyocera 3250
    Carrier
    AllTel
    Feedback Score
    thats why every time you call in, you get a new feature added to your account every time you call in

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    yes and if you go to a retail store you likely have text messaging added as well. i hate what some are trying to push on the sales team with outright craming of features on accounts or their jobs are threatened. i can't believe this is coming from corporate - i think it's somewhere from local to middle management pushing these questionable practices but who knows, maybe it is coming from little rock??

If you're ever crammed by any company with features or services you did not request just email below and you're dispute will be resolved.

FCC Complaints

ALLTEL does not condone cramming of features as a matter of policy but some in charge out there that will come out and tell reps to do just that.
    Last edited by User999; 12-21-2004 at 09:55 PM.

Phones
    V710
    CDM9500
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by thespaceghost
    thats why every time you call in, you get a new feature added to your account every time you call in
    Yeah every time I call in the last part of the call is: Hey have you tried our text messaging? Or: Have you tried our mobile web?

This even happens with tech support not just CSR's, but I just say no thanks and it is NOT added. Except when they offered me free mobile web for a month. I took that, but it certainly isn't worth the $6/month. Just make sure you call and cancel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast