Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Firmware to use?

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Best Firmware to use?

I'll be getting a v710 next week w/ a BT headset, Transflash and data cable. I search the forum but couldn't get an answer.

What is the best firmware to use for uncripples BT...I read someting about the Alltell Flex? also for its ability to change the outside LCD wallpaper?

Also, can some one post a link as to where I can DL the firmware and flashing software.

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try this:

http://vzw.homeunix.com/

Use the VZW version if you want to be covered by the warranty.

Feedback Score
    what should we download? I to just got my cable and am confused on what exactly these change and which files to get. I dont want to screw it up but im having a hard time finding the info I need.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You'll find it here. The VZW version works perfectly with the V710. If you really need Bluetooth to transfer pictures and ringtones to your computer, use the non-Verizon SD version. Either version fixes the camera.

USB_Driver.exe is under the Mirror folder.

http://vzw.homeunix.com/

Good luck !

Bill

P.S. Here is a link to show you how to flash the phone and do all kinds of stuff with it.
    http://motov710.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    that link is being very helpfull but I still dont know which file on there is the one to be flashed, maybe im stupid or missing something.

I dont want the superdavex one right now, dont want to risk it.

im at /vzw.inetron.com.MIRROR but not sure which is to be flashed.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    8700_1.02.SD.zip is the name of the file which is under the Motorola directory.

You really need to read the other posts. The ones that have about 22,000 reads.

You can also chat in AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) room V710 Chat.

There is software you need to load, a driver and patch to install, and then you upload that file with the software and data cable.

You can also search this forum for "Texas" and see the one store that is flashing the Motorola version and overnight your phone to them, if you just want the Bluetooth to pair with a car.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that flashing your phone to any new firmware can cause your phone to become next to a worthless POS. I had way reduced battery life, noise, dropped calls, pc speaker interference, etc, after flashing. I first flashed to superdave's modified version of the new firmware - this one caused the poor battery life and pc speaker interferance, but no obvious issues with sound quality. I then went to the latest verizon beta firmware upgrade that was posted - this is when the continued battery life issues and the new drop calls/poor reception started.

Needless to say I luckily swapped out my phone for the crooked camera issue and I'm not flashing it again until all issues are resolved.....

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by djsars
    Keep in mind that flashing your phone to any new firmware can cause your phone to become next to a worthless POS. I had way reduced battery life, noise, dropped calls, pc speaker interference, etc, after flashing. I first flashed to superdave's modified version of the new firmware - this one caused the poor battery life and pc speaker interferance, but no obvious issues with sound quality. I then went to the latest verizon beta firmware upgrade that was posted - this is when the continued battery life issues and the new drop calls/poor reception started.

Needless to say I luckily swapped out my phone for the crooked camera issue and I'm not flashing it again until all issues are resolved.....
    I have had good luck battery-wise and with BMW connectivity with the OR version. Maybe it is really luck.

On a different note, I know the BETA tester for BMW in the East and he insists that Verizon is going to officially roll out the OBEX fix in January - that it came from 'big dog' discussions between BMW and VZW.

Maybe another rumor, but I have the latest V15 software from BMW right now from him, which nobody else has. So "maybe" it is true.

If you are afraid of frying or hosing your phone, you can still overnight your phone to the Lewisville, TX store for a no cost risk-free flash to 8700_01.40.OR. Ask for Cliff Jackson or Mike Tycin.
    Last edited by wnrussell; 12-25-2004 at 01:12 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    but anyways you can put original firmware when going to exchange phone? right?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Alex Romanovsky
    but anyways you can put original firmware when going to exchange phone? right?
    Yes. Go to http://vzw.homeunix.com/

And get the copy there and reflash. If you do kill the phone, it doesn't matter, you will get a warranty replacement.

Other problems, the phone still turns on? Just reflash with the original version CDMA-V710-Verizon-092204 version there. just complain about the camera which was fixed and get a new one.
    Last edited by wnrussell; 12-25-2004 at 02:11 AM.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    wnrussell
    I spoke to a nobody at BMW yesterday and he indicated that BMW was twisting Verizon's arm to update the v710 to work with the bluetooth in the new cars. I have a 2005 X3 which recognizes the phone but won't do anything with the steering wheel buttons. A tech person at a Verizon store said that when the update is available they would need the phone for about 45 minutes.
    Were you told that the update would allow the X3 to work with the phone properly?
    Excuse my ignorance but what is OBEX?

Feedback Score
    obex=object exchange - the name of the bluetooth profile that allows sharing of files. Relevant here b/c it allows transfering of phone book.

I believe all BMWs use the same bluetooth module. That is all 2005s. 2004s use a different module.

So wnrussel has gotten it to work with a 5 series - should also work with an X3

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by askotlen
    wnrussell
    I spoke to a nobody at BMW yesterday and he indicated that BMW was twisting Verizon's arm to update the v710 to work with the bluetooth in the new cars. I have a 2005 X3 which recognizes the phone but won't do anything with the steering wheel buttons. A tech person at a Verizon store said that when the update is available they would need the phone for about 45 minutes.
    Were you told that the update would allow the X3 to work with the phone properly?
    Excuse my ignorance but what is OBEX?
    There are several programming items that need to be done to properly enable the Bluetooth on the car. In the case of the X3 Series, you'll find more information at http://www.bmw-forums.com/ than you will here.

On my 5 Series, I had to upgrade the OS in the whole car to Ver 13.3 or higher, to resolve a conflict between the Assist and Bluetooth functions of the TCU.

The new SD or Texas flash makes the V710 almost as good as the RAZR or V551. The voice clarity on the receiving end is a little better with the official software.

Good luck.
    Last edited by wnrussell; 12-29-2004 at 09:30 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score

Question Flashing v710

I'm trying to flash my 710 with SD's latest 8700_1.02.sd however the meter is filling up nicley then an error states " Error uploading Ram to bootloader" my phone cycles and is as original state im running xp and pst7.11

Any Ideas would be great thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola
    Feedback Score
    what is the version number of the Verizon firmware on this site ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast