Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Difference between different v710 flashes?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility(Cingular)
    Feedback Score

Difference between different v710 flashes?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but could someone please list and state the differences between all the flashes available now for the v710? I'm about to get my v710 replaced for the crooked camera and would like to know more about these different flash updates. Thanks.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Difference between different v710 flashes?

Originally posted by BRINET
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but could someone please list and state the differences between all the flashes available now for the v710? I'm about to get my v710 replaced for the crooked camera and would like to know more about these different flash updates. Thanks.
    Yeah, everyone keeps asking this:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=526663
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=527351
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=527346

... and there is no way to really get around reading the 15 pages in the thread below (and following some of the links in there) ... not if you are planning on flashing a $300 phone.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=513683

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility(Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the reply. You definitely gave me some good threads to look over.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Below are descriptions of the beta (Texas) firmware and SD's Mods. Those that have had successful flashes are happy campers. There seems to be about a 50% hosed phone ratio.

fletch33
    Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2004
    I Am Updated
    i just dropped my 710 off and they are updating it as i am typing. i waited an hour and it was not finished yet so i left and am on my way back to pick it up. here is a scanned copy of the email that the tech gave to me that he recieved from verizon.

Cc:

Subject:

Cooper, Jeffrey
    Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:40 PM

Motorola V71 0 Software Trial (Version 01.40.0R) (Feedback Due Monday D_ec 6)

Importance:

High

Please let me know if you or your direct reports carry the Motorola v710 and are willing to test this new software. This is for VzW employees/contractors only.

Feedback is due by noon on Monday 12/6.

Issues Resolved in Version 01.40.0R
    Camera
    . Improve still image after megapixel capture. This introduces a slight delay but the decimation is much improved. . Change order of resolution set so that 160x120 Thumbnail is first and 1280x960 High is last
    . Improve ability to take complex pictures in highly lit areas with fast changing lighting conditions
    . Fix a problem where rapidly opening/closing the flip after taking a picture could cause the handset to soft reset . Increase stability of picture taking. The two items immediately above are examples.

Bluetooth
    . The phone and headset should ring during incoming calls
    . Allow datebook and phonebook synchronization over Bluetooth - This feature was added due to high demand from
    V710 users
    . Send signal, roam, and battery indications to Bluetooth Carkits - This feature was added due to high demand from
    V710 users as well as greater compatibility with more advanced car kits.
    . Add PAP extensions for phone book entry transfers to Bluetooth Carkits - This feature was added due to high demand
    from V710 users as well as greater compatibility with more advanced car kits.
    . Upgrade to latest application and stack
    . Fix a problem where selecting "Use Bluetooth" from in-call menu could sometimes drop call and go into "No Service" . Allow BT button press to "dismiss" dialogs on the phone's UI - This allows users to press the BT key rather than
    having to find their phone and physically pressing the END key

External Memory (Transflash)
    . Support MAC OS-X created directories
    . Remove option to rename volume since this is not supported
    . Support hot-swap where the transflash can be removed and a different card re-inserted . Support directories created by Windows
    . Remove the ability to copy/move audio files from the transflash to the phone

Browser
    . Remove title bar while browsing to increase usable space
    . Add security icon when visiting secure web sites ... .
    . Fix a problem where status messages (Sending..., Receiving...) were causing syste.m memory leaks. This led to soft
    resets in the browser as well as other applications. . . . :
    . Increase response time of browser to enable faster loading,: scrolling, and browsing
    . Remove user ability to enter and create Web Sessions' ::::, . .,." ~(,.,.' ,

¬
    Messaging -,,-. .". -"'.". :_,
    Extend display of error message-when user tries to.s.end,DRM :content,
    Use [email protected] email address rather than.short coc,feJor PIX '.-" . .
    Automatically download an MMS message after selecting DOWNLOAD while in a call
    Fix a problem where MMS send progress meter freezes on incoming SMS
    Fix problem where unread message icon still displayed after all MMS messages were read
    Strip out the '+' in replies to MMS messages as well as for storing in phone book
    Fix problem where the bottom half of authorization code sent by vtext.com was truncated
    Do not send notify ind on deferred MMS messages
    Keep a single data connection if multiple MMS messages need to be retrieved
    Remove "Home Only" option from download menu. Now has only "Automatic" and "Deferred" Enable prompt to query user as to whether they want to edit an MMS message before re-sending.
    ¬
    ..,a-'.'
    UI
    . Fix translation of Digit Dial in Spanish
    . Reduce volume of activation tone
    . Increase in-call audio volume
    . Reduce volume of mono tones and ringers - This only applies to certain UI tones which are played from the
    speakerphone. Low
    . battery tone is an example.
    . Fix a problem where hitting END key during "Phone Locked" dialog bypasses the lock
    . Fix a problem where hitting END key during startup with banner bypasses the lock
    . Allow backlight to stay dimmed whenever the charger is plugged in or while in call
    . Update Motorola wakeup to new platform wakeup
    . Update Verizon Wireless wakeup graphic
    . Fix problem where diagonal keys hit during iT AP entry could cause a continuous tone
    . Enable Keypad Lock via key sequence MENU + *
    . Completely disable the internal keypad when the flip is closed to avoid any accidental presses or lockouts of external
    keys if the user sits on their phone
    . Fix behavior of phone when brightness set to 0 . Keep the backlight on continuously while a call is coming in so that the user will not see a blank CLI or main display
    when the backlight timer expires.
    . Remove power down tone and power phone off immediately
    Connectivity
    . Allow 1XRTT data connections after a *228 activation without power-cycling
    . Allow phone to restart after re-flashing without any interaction necessary
    . Hitting END should force dormancy, hitting again should prompt user to end call from the host (PC/PDA, etc...)
    Video Player/Recorder & Audio Player
    . Support foreign (non-American English) characters in file names on both the phone and external memory . Support short, 1-2 character file names
    . Add video record timer.
    Accessories
    . Fix possible power-cycling in Pro Install HFK when turning ignition off - In older kits, the phone could potentially turn
    itself back on
    . Fix problem where disabling the speakerphone while plugged into a car kit would disable audible ringers

P.S. the tech told me that only half of the phones he tried to update have worked and the other half fried. hope mine is going to work.

Originally posted by superdavex
    At 9:00 I will be posting a custom flash (.shx) based off the vzw 01.40.OR that's being released now. It will be one shx file and the only tool needed to flash it will be the pst flasher.

The custom shx, will have everything the new release has execpt the following changes.

1. The blue outside lcd image will be a custom flat blue with small moto icon in the corner.

2. The silver outside lcd image will be a custom flat silver (with cool angle effect) with small moto icon in the corner.

3. The seem 41a file will be the latest good hacked seem, which will keep the ability to move ringtones, create custom web sessions and also use media studio in mobile phone toools over BT.

4. It also does not copy over your menu files, bt db, or web sessions like the new flex does. Instead it copies those file over renamed with a b on them.

5 . The version will show up as 8700_1.01.SD

The file will be at http://vzw.inetron.com/Custom_Images/8700_1.01.SD.zip

Use it at your own risk, and if you take your phone in to be seviced and it's bootable make sure you flash to a vzw version frst.

,Dave
    Originally posted by superdavex
    Here is the updated flash based off the 40.OR relase.

Everything is the same as the orig,but, the seem is closer to the vzw 41a.

MMS should work fine now.

If your still weary about flashing you may want to let a few try and make sure I have it right before flashing.

http://vzw.inetron.com/Custom_Images/8700_1.02.SD.zip

The old file has been removed. Please use this thread now for bugs.

As always use at your own risk.

,Dave

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    how do u flash, i will have my SD TF card sooner or later, my pix suuuuck
    ALi

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Goliath27
    how do u flash, i will have my SD TF card sooner or later, my pix suuuuck
    ALi
    using motorola PST and a non-futuredial cable.

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mattg
    using motorola PST and a non-futuredial cable.
    wait, so that means without them i cant do it huh, oh well, i allready bought that darn tf card, maybe some time next month i guess.

is their any stores or stuff that do this? i live in ohio so prob not

ALi

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    All,

So why did VZW remove the ability to copy audio files from the TF card?!?

Are they just being greedy??? What is their statement on this?!?

-Phil

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by philfnyc
    All,

So why did VZW remove the ability to copy audio files from the TF card?!?

Are they just being greedy??? What is their statement on this?!?

-Phil
    They claim that it violates their standing "no copy" agreement with the IP owners of material available through Get It Now.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    . Allow backlight to stay dimmed whenever the charger is plugged in or while in call.
    Is there a way to turn this off so that it is dark while charging?

Carl

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by csmoore

Carl
    No one has come up with a way, at least no one has posted one.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Carl,

My experience has been that the external display remains on when charging from my 12V DC car charger. It remains off when charging from the 120V AC charger (either direct or in the dock).

--
    Brian

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by BA100
    Carl,

My experience has been that the external display remains on when charging from my 12V DC car charger. It remains off when charging from the 120V AC charger (either direct or in the dock).

--
    Brian
    Fast rate chargers will keep the display on and the lower rate ones will keep the display off.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by XRAM
    Fast rate chargers will keep the display on and the lower rate ones will keep the display off.
    ]

With the new update Version 01.40.0R the display stays on (dimly) even with AC charger. With older firmware it was off.

Carl

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ]

With the new update Version 01.40.0R the display stays on (dimly) even with AC charger. With older firmware it was off.

Carl
    Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast