Thread: Phone Call Disconnects After Exactly 1 Hour

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Phone Call Disconnects After Exactly 1 Hour

Over the Christmas holidays, I had 2 instances where I was speaking with someone and the call disconnected after exactly 1 hour.

I know this is true based on the call log information that I had.

I tried to see if there is a setting on my phone (6230b) that would cause this but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how can I fix this?

Phone
    Motorola V551
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    whewn i had fido i had the same problems with my motorola v60i n i ended uyp having to get it fixed cuz there waz sumthing worng with it...i dunt think there is an option on nokia to restrict calls to only 1 hours or sumthing so maybe the phone is defective

Phones
    Treo 650
    E398
    Motorola HS850 Blootooth Headset
    Carriers
    Sprint (U.S.A),
    Feedback Score
    Fido cuts calls at 2 hours.

Rogers doesn't have a limit. They used to of 5 hours but removed it.

Were you talking to the same person both times that it happened? And were they on a cell? It could very well be their phone or sp that's doing it.

Other than that, I dunno what to tell ya.

Lannie

AIM: irksome234 | MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com | ICQ: 36661022 | Y!: peaches_375_2 | MY PICS | MYSPACE | MY FEEDBACK (2)

[

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    could it be a restriction if you(or they) were using one of those calling cards. I'm assuming here you were talking to a faraway loved one since it was christmas... If so, do those cards automatically disconnect the call after a specific time?

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by treatz
    I'm assuming here you were talking to a faraway loved one since it was christmas... ?
    Treatz, I didn't know you were sensitive...

Anyway, I was calling straight from my cell with no calling card to 2 different parties.

One was in Cambridge and the other in Mississauga (from Toronto).

I normally don't make such lengthy calls but I don't like the idea of having such a restriction if it can be fixed or removed.

Speaking to loved ones at Christmas time and getting cut off is not too cool if you know what I mean.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Originally posted by TotalDistinction
    Treatz, I didn't know you were sensitive...

Anyway, I was calling straight from my cell with no calling card to 2 different parties.

One was in Cambridge and the other in Mississauga (from Toronto).

I normally don't make such lengthy calls but I don't like the idea of having such a restriction if it can be fixed or removed.

Speaking to loved ones at Christmas time and getting cut off is not too cool if you know what I mean.
    Lol, I can be sensitive
    there goes my input.. I can't think of why a call would drop after pricesly 1 hour unless rogers as implemented some type of call dropping measures recently

Phone
    Rogers iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I didn't even know any provider cut a call off after x hours. More talking = more money.

FYI, I talked for about 3 hours on my Blackberry with my girlfriend in Montreal, and it didn't drop any call. She called me, if that makes any difference.

Phones
    Motorola V551
    Moto HS820 BT Headset
    Moto Desktop Charger
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Certain calling cards will limit your call to 1 hour, possibly 2 depending on which company your using for 3rd party dialing. Fido used to have a restriction of 1 hour (not 2) and after this timeframe, it would cut you off. Although more talking = more money, it also could mean a consumer frustration since this is a safeguard in case the user has a candy bar style phone and accidentally dials out. Fido is the only company at this point, known to still enforce the limitation. I assume that since you were not using a calling card, the other party you were calling was using a Fido handset (Fido Service). It was probably their service which cut out, not yours. Rogers Wireless used to limit calls to 5 hours when governed under Rogers AT&T but have since removed this restriction.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    NEC N840
    Nokia 3220
    Carrier
    Rogers!
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cellularguy
    Fido used to have a restriction of 1 hour (not 2) and after this timeframe, it would cut you off.
    I've made calls to Fido subs and talked for longer than an hour, and have never been cut off...are you sure that the time limit is indeed 1 hour?