Thread: Metro PCS phone on Verizon Wireless?

Feedback Score

Metro PCS phone on Verizon Wireless?

Is there anyway you can program a Metro PCS phone to work on Verizon's network? I have a friend that wants to give his Metro PCS phone to a friend that has Verizon since she needs a new phone. I'm pretty sure that you can't use a Metro PCS phone with Verizon but I am not 100% sure.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Kyocera Duramx
    Motorola Unication Alpha Elite
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Well it would depend dan. First u have to make sure Verizon uses PCS in your freinds market, because all metro uses is PCS. Once that is worked out, I am sure there is a way to get it to work.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Frito
    Well it would depend dan. First u have to make sure Verizon uses PCS in your freinds market, because all metro uses is PCS. Once that is worked out, I am sure there is a way to get it to work.
    That's what I was thinking. He is in the Sacramento, CA area though which is not a PCS area for Verizon. I suggested that his friend should look into buying a Simple Freedom phone and getting it programmed for Verizon. It seems like I've heard some users on here getting Simple Freedom phones programmed for Verizon. Is that correct?