Thread: missed call indicator while phone is off?

Phones
    Nokia 5310
    Moto SLVR L7
    Moto RAZR v3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

missed call indicator while phone is off?

the other day, my friend (he has a samsung, with tmobile) called me back because he missed my call. his phone was off and i didnt leave a voicemail, but he said his phone told him he had a missed call.

is this possible? someone else (they have a samsung) told me that their phone would indicate that they missed a call regardless of whether the phone is powered-on or off. i have yet to experience this. my phone (v600, or any phone i have yet to possess) only indicates a missed call only if the phone on. the most my phone does is indicate a voicemail is waiting, but other than that, it doesnt indicate if i missed any calls while my phone was off. is this a samsung thing?

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 900
    Motorola i776
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thats odd. do you know what model samsung it was?

maybe his phone was on abut he had call forwarding on...? my nextel motorola i95 would indicate missed calls if i was fowarding them(but the phone was still on). to the caller it would sound like the phone was off because it'd go straight to voiecmail.
    Last edited by keolu; 01-10-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Feedback Score

Re: missed call indicator while phone is off?

Originally posted by cellfone
    the other day, my friend (he has a samsung, with tmobile) called me back because he missed my call. his phone was off and i didnt leave a voicemail, but he said his phone told him he had a missed call.

is this possible? someone else (they have a samsung) told me that their phone would indicate that they missed a call regardless of whether the phone is powered-on or off. i have yet to experience this. my phone (v600, or any phone i have yet to possess) only indicates a missed call only if the phone on. the most my phone does is indicate a voicemail is waiting, but other than that, it doesnt indicate if i missed any calls while my phone was off. is this a samsung thing?
    I'd bet his phone wasn't off. Maybe the call came in just as he was turning the phone off or he was just going out of coverage when the call came in so it didn't ring. The phone has no way of knowing if a call came in if it wasn't turned on.

Phones
    Nokia 5310
    Moto SLVR L7
    Moto RAZR v3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by keolu
    thats odd. do you know what model samsung it was?

maybe his phone was on abut he had call forwarding on...? my nextel motorola i95 would indicate missed calls if i was fowarding them(but the phone was still on). to the caller it would sound like the phone was off because it'd go straight to voiecmail.
    hmm, his phone looks like the phone in your avator (not sure of the model number). i guess he could have got his calls forwarded -- i just assumed his phone was off because when i called, it went straight to voicemail.