Thread: Call my phone won't let me answer?

Phones
    Touch Pro
    ic902
    i880
    Carrier
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score

Call my phone won't let me answer?

In the last 30 minutes, I have recieved 5 calls from the same phone number. All of them ring with a unique ringer. I have my phone to answer when I open it, but with these calls it will not answer an when I hit accept it still will not answer.

I must have my phone and pager on for work when I sleep and this is getting very annoying. I called Cingular and they didn't seem to be any help...kept telling me it was something with my phone.

Oh yeah, also when I flip it open it has a picture of a computer sending data to a phone, if that helps any.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it? I called the number back once and it was a woman trying to call her son...she said it went straight to his voicemail and she was positive she dialed the right number...she even looked back in the sent calls to confirm the correct number.

Please help, because if I get woken up by another one of these calls, then I am calling nextel.

John

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G, BB Bold, Pearl, Storm
    LG Dare, MOTOROKR Z6m, Nokia 5310, 5610, 5800, 6301, 8801, N75, N82, N95
    Palm Centro, Samsung BJ, Sony Ericsson TM506, K850i, TMO G1, Sidekick LX, VZW Ovation USB720
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can't answer it because it is a data call.

Phones
    Touch Pro
    ic902
    i880
    Carrier
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    okay...what do I do to make them stop? and why am I getting them?

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Can you change your forwarding to forward data calls so they don't go to the handset?

Phones
    Touch Pro
    ic902
    i880
    Carrier
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by harlenm
    Can you change your forwarding to forward data calls so they don't go to the handset?
    Nope, I thought of that, but there is not an option for it. I also aske dif Cingular could block that number, and they said that was not possible.

Feedback Score
    if your phone has groups, create a group with that number and set the profile to silent.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SharpTJ
    Nope, I thought of that, but there is not an option for it. I also aske dif Cingular could block that number, and they said that was not possible.
    My 6230 has that option, thought that your phone might have it too.

Phones
    Touch Pro
    ic902
    i880
    Carrier
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by FullStrength
    if your phone has groups, create a group with that number and set the profile to silent.
    Bingo!! Thanks

Now I still want the problem fixed...but this is a good work around for now.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah that doesnt work well, cause now it will beep every 5 minutes after you get a silent call.
    call CS and tell them to change your CSD call number, they should know what your talking about.. tell them to make it a fake number because you dont use it..