Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 8910 Info Thread

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    i have an 8910 through alltel and i have used bitpim and a data cable to get midi's and mp3's onto my phone and they work. but i want to know if anyone has figured out how to put wallpapers or screen savers onto the phone. i've tried a bunch of stuff messing around in bitpim but i can't figure it out.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Without the wires
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mau108
    sliderdude, your a v owner aswell eh nice V
    I've got a 2000 Green EX

MAD SNOW HERE TOO!!!

Try an 8900's datacable with inline box...
    Ha ha, just got it 2 months ago!! I plan on keeping it for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!

LG VX6810

For Tutorials on the Kyocera Slider goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=685132

For Tutorials on the LG VX6000 goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=201082

LG REALLY HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!
    LG's Horrible Charger Problem
    I don't miss mine! That thing was loud as all hell when it snapped into place.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    can the 8910[bell] support superphonic ringtones?

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by 69MakkeR
    can the 8910[bell] support superphonic ringtones?
    Yes.....All 8910's can support superphonic ringtones. The guts of all of the phones are the same.....The Firmwares is what makes them different, but that can't change what the phone is capable of doing......

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    how do i get a super phonic ringtone on my cell phone?

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by 69MakkeR
    how do i get a super phonic ringtone on my cell phone?
    PM me with ur number and song u want and i'll be happy to send them to you.
    Last edited by sliderdude; 01-24-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 MetroPCS, iPhone 5S Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Games!

I'm new to this phone hacking thing. So far I've been able to load ringtones to my 8910 with bitmin (<-- I think thats what its called) and thats been pretty cool. I been puttin mp3's on there trippin my friends out cause they can only get those stupid midi's on theirs. Now I want to find out if can load games onto the phone, I got one of those audiovox super CD's from ebay and it has like 500 games I can put on my phone. but the instructions were pretty weak, they only told me how to do the ringers. I think I can figure out how to put them on but I don't know what folder to put them in. any help would be great, thanks. I also can't get the free wap thing to work. I did the ##browser thing and put in the numbers it said to put but I just get network unavalible. btw my provider is Verizon These forums are great, I'm glad I found them!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    how do you edit the 10.gcd, 10.url and ff.cki files?

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    have u scoped out teh "8910 (bell) ringtones uploadable" thread?

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    better yet, check our the site dedicated to all bell and vox 8910 users

http://www.vox8910.ca.tt

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wow, i have to say this is my favoirte phone on verizon that I have used. I love being able to email myself ringtones and I love how the keys feel and how light it is. And I love the fact I only got it for 60 with a 1 year contract. Thanks for the people that helped me.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score

8910 from Alltel

Ok, I read posts all over this site (and thanks for all the info) but now I am stuck. I bought the cable, downloaded the drivers, downloaded and installed Bitpim, hooked it all up and with a bit of fumbling around I managed to download my pics off the phone to the pc. That alone made the cable worth the ebay price.
    NOW I am trying the next step and seem to be getting nowhere and since 90% of the information here pertains to Verison or Bellsouth I wanted a specific answer to how you get ring tones (in mp3 format) to the Alltel phone. Forgive me if its a repeat request but as a newb to all this phone info I just didnt see the answer elsewhere.

[edit] i did manage to save the mp3 as 48kbps at 22050 freq with a file size of 29k...this is just a 4 sec mp3 that my wife wants on her phone so i was testing my phone first. I did not change it to mid as I noticed several posts note that was not necessary.
    Last edited by DownSouth; 01-31-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: 8910 from Alltel

Originally posted by DownSouth
    Ok, I read posts all over this site (and thanks for all the info) but now I am stuck. I bought the cable, downloaded the drivers, downloaded and installed Bitpim, hooked it all up and with a bit of fumbling around I managed to download my pics off the phone to the pc. That alone made the cable worth the ebay price.
    NOW I am trying the next step and seem to be getting nowhere and since 90% of the information here pertains to Verison or Bellsouth I wanted a specific answer to how you get ring tones (in mp3 format) to the Alltel phone. Forgive me if its a repeat request but as a newb to all this phone info I just didnt see the answer elsewhere.

[edit] i did manage to save the mp3 as 48kbps at 22050 freq with a file size of 29k...this is just a 4 sec mp3 that my wife wants on her phone so i was testing my phone first. I did not change it to mid as I noticed several posts note that was not necessary.

AGAIN all the info you need is at the site (http://vox8910.ca.tt) if you still can't get it to work then let us know.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply Mau but thats the first place I went when I saw the link from here. The stuff there is for veriozon and bell not alltel.... hence my post. I am not able to get any further than looking into the phone and retrieving the pics my wife or I have taken. I can look into the file system and see the one app tone my wife dloaded from alltels service but I checked every song avail from the providers they have and there were none there either of us wanted.
    The posts here steered me in the right direction as the file setup (appearance) is very different on the phone that I have. At any rate, I found the pics (under BREW / Shared / Jpg). Once moved to my pc they showed up just as they should so I am very happy with that.
    Like I said the file system doesnt look the same as the info provided on your site so I don't know exactly what is where. I looked through all of the available files and no MA folder was present that I could find so I thought it better I ask before proceeding any more.
    I did convert the wav file she wanted to mp3 then renamed it 10.dat.
    I then saved the 10gcd file and changed it as you suggested on your site but there is no MA folder to drop it into. So any suggestions from here?

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score

Clear Air Time

Is there any way to clear the total air time on the 8910?
    I like to clear the total air time each month to monitor my monthly usage.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast