Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 8910 Info Thread

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DownSouth
    Thanks for the quick reply Mau but thats the first place I went when I saw the link from here. The stuff there is for veriozon and bell not alltel.... hence my post. I am not able to get any further than looking into the phone and retrieving the pics my wife or I have taken. I can look into the file system and see the one app tone my wife dloaded from alltels service but I checked every song avail from the providers they have and there were none there either of us wanted.
    The posts here steered me in the right direction as the file setup (appearance) is very different on the phone that I have. At any rate, I found the pics (under BREW / Shared / Jpg). Once moved to my pc they showed up just as they should so I am very happy with that.
    Like I said the file system doesnt look the same as the info provided on your site so I don't know exactly what is where. I looked through all of the available files and no MA folder was present that I could find so I thought it better I ask before proceeding any more.
    I did convert the wav file she wanted to mp3 then renamed it 10.dat.
    I then saved the 10gcd file and changed it as you suggested on your site but there is no MA folder to drop it into. So any suggestions from here?
    There Must be MA directory if this is a bell audiovox 8910, please take a screen shot of the file system tree and post it here...

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    Sorry if I mispoke it but its an Alltel phone.

Appears like this:

-$SYS.FACTORY
    -$USER_RMT
    -$USER_DIRS
    -CLK_DB
    +MMS
    +VoiceDB
    +brew
    +camera
    +db
    +down
    +nvm
    --uivrState.dat
    +user
    +wappush

There are several sub directories but like I said the pics were under brew not camera.... that seemed odd but oh well.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    try the verizon method..
    weird thoe, alltel is bell out west isnt it ?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...wnload_snd.txt

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    downsouth, i have an alltel phone too and if you are trying to put ringtones onto the phone, go all the way into the user folder down to ringers, right-click and go to new file, navigate to wherever you have your ringtones on your computer and click open. then after you are all done go into access apps, and get to the menu where it shows what programs you have downloaded (i.e., downplay, etc.), then back out of axcess. it will give you a message saying something about "illegal memory axcess", then your phone will restart and you should be able to see them in your media folder. to set them as a ringtone, go to settings, sounds, ringer type, ringer, and then when you get to the list of ringtones, scroll left or right until you get to the "my downloads" list. That worked for me anyway. Hope it helps.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    Yep that did the trick...... i had acciedentally done that on the first phone and couldnt figure out why the tone worked on one and not the second.
    VERY simple remedy thanks.

[edit]
    Mau you should add that to your site....
    For Alltel users with the new cdm 8910
    I used a cable purchased off Ebay
    *downloaded and installed Bitpim
    *downloaded and installed a wav to mp3 converter, picked a (wav) tone to test with, converted the wav to mp3, saved it in a folder on the desktop
    *opened up bitpim with the phone connected via my handy dandy new cable.
    Please note that this did and will not turn my phone on or off (as some of the info I read stated it would).
    *Once in bitpim clik Edit / Settings / and sellect the same com port your modem uses. I used the OTHER CDMA phone under the types box but I cannot say what will and will not work there.
    *clik on the File System tab
    *Scroll down to user / sound / ringer
    *right clik on ringer and sellect New File then when the window opens choose the tone from the browser menu (whereever you saved the mp3 or midi) then close bitpim
    *on your phone go to menu access apps (when you back out you will get an error message - thats ok)
    *open up the media gallery on your phone and you should see the tone you installed under tones
    *you can now go to settings / sounds / ringer type / ringer and the tone should be under the downlads box.
    Hope this helped.
    Thanks for all the info guys!
    Last edited by DownSouth; 02-01-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yep that did the trick...... i had acciedentally done that on the first phone and couldnt figure out why the tone worked on one and not the second.

[edit]
    *downloaded and installed a wav to mp3 converter, picked a (wav) tone to test with, converted the wav to mp3, saved it in a folder on the desktop
    Please note that this did and will not turn my phone on or off (as some of the info I read stated it would).
    *Once in bitpim clik Edit / Settings / and sellect the same com port your modem uses. I used the OTHER CDMA phone under the types box but I cannot say what will and will not work there.
    *right clik on ringer and sellect New File then when the window opens choose the tone from the browser menu (whereever you saved the mp3 or midi) then close bitpim
    *on your phone go to menu access apps (when you back out you will get an error message - thats ok)
    *open up the media gallery on your phone and you should see the tone you installed under tones
    *you can now go to settings / sounds / ringer type / ringer and the tone should be under the downlads box.
    Hope this helped.
    Will doo, thanks

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

[edit]
    Hope this helped.
    Will doo, thanks

Device(s)
    Virgin Mobile Audiovox V7 Flasher
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Virgin Mobile

As I understand it, the V7 Flasher is the same as the Audiovox 8910 right? Anyway, is there any secure way to send ringtones/games to this phone? I saw some ambiguous comments which suggested that doing anything with this phone is an easy way to screw up the firmware and make your phone unusable. I'm wondering if any brave people have found a foolproof way to not screw up this phone. Also, what tools would I need to do this?

A data cable

Software

that's all I can see that I need, right? Links would be appreciated--thanks a lot for your time, guys.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    One little thing I noticed during my experiments..... my phone took the tones fine and they work great. My wifes works fine as well but somehow her phone info was changed. When I turn the phone on it displays the phone number as 000-000-0000. LOL minor issue but does anyone know where that particular info might reside in the alltel phone?

Time to work on games and wallpapers now.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    im not sure if this is it but if you type ##20022002 END (end key) into your phone you can get to the NAM programming menu and you can change the phone number and whatnot. then it should appear right when you turn the phone on.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    originally posted by jfgoqiru
    As I understand it, the V7 Flasher is the same as the Audiovox 8910 right? Anyway, is there any secure way to send ringtones/games to this phone? I saw some ambiguous comments which suggested that doing anything with this phone is an easy way to screw up the firmware and make your phone unusable. I'm wondering if any brave people have found a foolproof way to not screw up this phone. Also, what tools would I need to do this?

i used a data cable i got on ebay along with a curitel driver and bitpim and i didn't have to modify anything. all i had to do was go into bitpim and get it to access the phone info, and then add the ringtones i wanted into a certain folder.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    I tried the ##2...thing but its locked without the password if I try to enter the NAM area. Do they have a default pword?

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    try all 0's.....

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    yeah my bad, its six 0's is the default password

Device(s)
    v7 flasher
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    is there a way to get the flash to stay on so i could use it as a flash light.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast