Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 8910 Info Thread

Device(s)
    Motorola A955 "Droid 2"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score

Re: Virgin Mobile

Originally posted by jfgoqiru
    As I understand it, the V7 Flasher is the same as the Audiovox 8910 right? Anyway, is there any secure way to send ringtones/games to this phone? I saw some ambiguous comments which suggested that doing anything with this phone is an easy way to screw up the firmware and make your phone unusable. I'm wondering if any brave people have found a foolproof way to not screw up this phone. Also, what tools would I need to do this?

A data cable

Software

that's all I can see that I need, right? Links would be appreciated--thanks a lot for your time, guys.
    Here is my thread regarding Ringtones and Backgrounds for the Virgin Mobile 8910: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=512938

it's alright to tweak the phone just as long as you don't try to add on characters to the rms.db file, just overwrite the existing name for the ringtone, otherwise if you ADD characters, you will end up frying the phone, otherwise there's no problem when modifying it. All you really need are the Cable, Drivers, and Software (Hex Editor, BitPim, etc.).

This is a recent phone history regarding the Audiovox Phones:
    8900: Metro PCS, Telus Mobility, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Western Wireless, Cricket, etc.
    8920: Sprint PCS
    8610: Virgin Mobile
    8615: Bell Mobility
    8910: Bell Mobility, NTelos, Virgin Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Aliant, Alltell, Sprint (8912), etc.

In Regards to the Virgin Mobile 8910, i believe they completely disabled the feature to access the Proxy (IP) Addresses, i've already tried numerous codes that might relate to IP Addresses, Proxies, Etc. and have come up negative.

Say SliderDude, Were you able to successfuly tweak your Virgin Mobile 8910, and if so, how far did you go to modify it?

Originally posted by Cthecoolfrog
    is there a way to get the flash to stay on so i could use it as a flash light.
    Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to keep the flash turned on, Though what i believe they SHOULD have done in the Diagnostics menu (##1122 End) was to have a feature that could test the flash AS well as the camera.
    "Am I the only person who uses a Brick Phone anymore?"

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    SITE UPDATED!

Added a few things, fixed a few things ... any comments please email or post here

http://vox8910.ca.tt

Feedback Score

Still no games :(

I still can't get games on my phone. That guide says look in the /MA directory, but there isn't one on my VZW phone.

This is what the file system shows:

$SYS.FACTORY
    $SYS_RMT
    $USER_DIRS
    +CLK_DB
    +MMS
    +VoiceDB
    +brew
    +camera
    +db
    +down
    +nvm
    uivrState.dat
    +user
    +wappush

So anyone have any success getting games on their Verizon 8910?

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: Still no games :(

Originally posted by CarlCarlCarl
    I still can't get games on my phone. That guide says look in the /MA directory, but there isn't one on my VZW phone.

This is what the file system shows:

$SYS.FACTORY
    $SYS_RMT
    $USER_DIRS
    +CLK_DB
    +MMS
    +VoiceDB
    +brew
    +camera
    +db
    +down
    +nvm
    uivrState.dat
    +user
    +wappush

So anyone have any success getting games on their Verizon 8910?
    our site says to goto 3gforfree.com (look under links)

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Without the wires
    Feedback Score

Exclamation MAJOR 8910 PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, last night my phone started to vibrate(note, it's set to ring and not vibrate) It had my mother's phone number on each angle of the caller id like on the left side 555 on the bottom 555 on the side 5555..........................so i went to answer the call and her number was now on the mainscreen with a bunch of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......not like the missed cal with the pic of the phone, but her number and a bunch of zzzzzzzzzzz...............then when i hit the end key to get out of it, it had a picture of flames and a skull........................Then when i hit the end key out of the it said

Please hold................Refreshing user settings......5.........4..........3........2..... ....1...........then it powered off and back on and then the caller id was all black..........so i powered it off and then back on and everything was fine.........
    Then i went into Get it Now and previewed a ringtone and all of the sudden the phone just dies..........had 2 bars of battery, but just dies........i try to power it on.......nothing happens..........then i charge it, once again then refreshing user settings screen comes on, then phone powers off, and then back on again...............
    THis is really ****ed up...........does anyone know why this thing is doing this?
    Last edited by sliderdude; 02-06-2005 at 08:00 AM.

LG VX6810

For Tutorials on the Kyocera Slider goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=685132

For Tutorials on the LG VX6000 goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=201082

LG REALLY HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!
    LG's Horrible Charger Problem
    I don't miss mine! That thing was loud as all hell when it snapped into place.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE!!!
    Now when i press the END key, the phone has a spaz attack and starts beepint like 100 times

Device(s)
    Nexus 5 (rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like your phone had a well hidden defect...most likely it came out when exposed to your mom's number. Take it back to the store and they'll either set it to rights or replace it.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Air King
    Sounds like your phone had a well hidden defect...most likely it came out when exposed to your mom's number. Take it back to the store and they'll either set it to rights or replace it.
    I hope this isn't the fate of it...............

Device(s)
    Nexus 5 (rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That, alas, may be exactly what's happened. It sounds like your phone had a fairly catastrophic failure of some kind...the sudden, total loss of function
    plus the weird things it was doing suggest just that.

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    skulls and flames? that doesnt seem like something thatd be programmed into the phone, sounds like it got hacked into.... ive gotten some "user data being restored" message before, i dont know what causes it though.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

8900 Guru's: HELP! Software LEvel III, LCD BLANK!

1. LCD, CROSS-MARKET SOFTWARE ISSUE=MAJOR PROBLEMS, 8900, 8600

2. BREW DOWNLOADS WILL NOT DELETE.

ALL YOU GUYS SEEM TO KNOW ABOUT THIS "BIT.PIM"
    wILL IT HELP WITH THESE ISSUES?

1. FLIPS have white LCD, blank, caller ID screen/1/2 off the screen.
    THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE, AT’s have been forever trying to build new parts, and make a good flip. Going from one software to another (Different markets) is the culprit. We are working with programming to determine which are compatible.

For the 8900, There are two types of LCD and therefore you need two types of software. One is casio and the other LCD is AU.

You would need to match the software with the LCD. The way you will know the difference is by looking at a number 2 and 3 that I have highlighted below so you can note the difference.

T095MP3T25_0.194
    T095MP2T25_0.194

I know 157/NTLELOS can be flashed into 245/metroPCS.

I’m not sure about Cellular One, or W.W. or Verizon.

Where are all the Level 3 techs out there??

What are you doing to correct these issues?

I DID get an 8900 with the BREW glitch (won’t delete apps/insert download cable.etc.)

I did a normal flash, without EFS erase. It went all the way through and there were no Apps. After SW download!!!! Even though it kept the call logs.

if you know how to recover the ones with white LCD/caller id cut ˝.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

PLEASE e-mail me at

[email protected]

THANKS

Happy Troubleshooting.
    Best Regards
    Brad Boyer, Audiovox Tech III, 1st Shift

moderator | Back to the front page | IP: Logged | Back to the top

01-27-2005 20:57

crash417
    Stuck with this title cuz Howard couldn't think of anything better

Phone(s):
    1: CDM 8900
    2:
    3:

Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My 8900 does do the blank white screen thing, bit it shows a 1/2 screen on the main wallpaper screen as well. Usually I will close the phone when it gives me the blank screen, when I reopen the phone, (sometimes has to be repeated several times). When the screen is no longer blank, everything from the ERI banner up is on the bottom of the screen. It quickly corrects its self when I press the menu button and then end to return to the main wallpaper screen.

ANyone with anyhelp, I have tons more info. Maybe we can chat about other problems. fixes.

Thanks everyone for listening.

BRad
    Brad B. Lev 3

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by criddled456
    skulls and flames? that doesnt seem like something thatd be programmed into the phone, sounds like it got hacked into.... ive gotten some "user data being restored" message before, i dont know what causes it though.
    My phone has been hacked into before.....One day when i turned it on all the settings were changed. Called up verizon"sorry, we can't help you"
    i guesss it's a target

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    dang dude that sucks! i wonder whats to come with phones getting more advanced, theyre gonna have to come with security software ad stuff

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    looks liek verizon f'ed up the 8910s firmware :P

Bell's 8910's have no problems what so ever (well none reported) except for camera freezing (but thats probably cuz of overloaded pictures :P 60+ pics)

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

I got it back on it's feet

Well, i reset the phone (##1133) and now it's back to normal. I'm sooooo happy that i don't have to shell out 200 bucks to get an 8000! I ordered a new antenna, and tomorow i'm going to the mall to get a new faceplate.....I also plan to get a firmware upgrade at the verizon store

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast