Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 8910 Info Thread

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    i swear i read somewhere that the firmware update for the 8910 messed with using a cable and bitpim and stuff. but if i didnt, i need to do that. my phone does weird stuff sometimes.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Without the wires
    Feedback Score

Faceplate

I just bought a smoke faceplate for my 8910. It looks awesome.....i'll try to post some pix by tomorow

LG VX6810

For Tutorials on the Kyocera Slider goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=685132

For Tutorials on the LG VX6000 goto http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=201082

LG REALLY HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!
    LG's Horrible Charger Problem
    I don't miss mine! That thing was loud as all hell when it snapped into place.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    got my ringtone to appear in my media gallery, but I have no idea on how to set it as my default ringtone.

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    quote:

if you go into menu/settings/sounds/ringer type/ringer, you will get the list of factory loaded tones to come up in a list to choose from. if you press over left or right you will get to a heading called "downloads" and the ringer should appear under there.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the wierdest problem. I believe the tones which I have downloaded to the phone are locked. Here's what happens. When I go to the Media Gallery and open it I see the songs I have downloaded, but I can't do anything with it. Does this mean it's locked or something?

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

A slow and painful death

I nothced last week on the right side of my 8910's display that there was a small white dot. Today, when i was playing tetris, i noticed that this had gotten much worse. now it's a bunch of little white dots on the right side of my screen. I'm getting really sick of the problems with this phone

Device(s)
    audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    quote:

I have the wierdest problem. I believe the tones which I have downloaded to the phone are locked. Here's what happens. When I go to the Media Gallery and open it I see the songs I have downloaded, but I can't do anything with it. Does this mean it's locked or something?
    if it says it can't be assigned, thats what mine does too. if you go into settings to change your ringer, you can scroll over and get to the downloads menu to look at the ringtones you put on your phone. then you can set them as ringers. if you want them set for anything else i have no idea and would like to know if you can.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering, how do u change the homepage on the 8910????? How do i do it and what do i set it on.

Device(s)
    lg pm225
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    if ud like to change your homepage on your 8910, you may want to try this. NOTE my phone is verizon and the content in the file may be specific to my phone. i cant guarantee it will work and it may mess up your phone. theres also no guarantee that changing your hompage will get free wap to work. if u do try, BACK UP YOUR FILES!

while i was messing with bitpim somehow the phone let me change the homepage. i hexdumped a buncha files and i think i may have found the one that contains the homepage. in the NVM directory, expand NVM and find the file nvm_hei

if ur feeling courageous. overwrite it with the attached file. heres a section of the file whick lead me to believe its the homepage info.

any feed back is appreciated, i hope it helps! Dont screw up your phone
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by criddled456; 02-18-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ahhhh, so i need a data cable.

This thread is dieing, save it quick

Device(s)
    SANYO 8200
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Verizon Problems LG 4500

I have had problems with my LG 4500 with Verizon for months and they give me a song and dance about it There service has been very poor and reception has been poor also.

My Sprint 8100 phone and service BURNS Verizon like jet fuel

I know Verizon has better coverage but this phone does all kinds of wierd things like going to driving mode and manner mode at various times I want out of my 2yr contract been with them about 11 months now

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can someone direct me to a thread that gives insight into using the 8910 with VZW service as a modem for laptop(usb cable)

I cannot find anything thru searching.
    Thanks.
    "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean somebody isn't watching you."

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

NVM_HEI file is write protected

anyone else have the problem of not being able to hex edit OR delete/overwrite the file?

Device(s)
    Lg VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They defenatelly need to make some new firmaware for the phone.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast