Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Thread: The Official 8910 Info Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzin96
    I'm new to the forum. I have a Audiovox CDM 8910 from Alltel and would like to connect it to my computer to transfer ringtones. I read that Bitpim should not be used with the 8910 because the phone is fragile and might stop working. Can I use Brewsky? I have the data cable, but I have never done anything like this and am a total novice. If I can use Brewsky, can someone walk me through the process of getting the ringtone from my computer to the phone ? Thanks in advance. Julie
    Bitpim works just fine from the file system view. Don't try to use the auto detect feature, manually set up your com port. Your ringtones should go in /user/sound/ringers.

After the upload is complete you'll need to go to axxess as if your buying a ringer or wallpaper or whatever. Don't buy anything just exit out, once you exit the phone should reboot with an illegal memory error. When it boots back up your new ringer should be in the list.

This phone can be a bit picky about file types, I use 44kz, 16 bit, mp3s and they seem to do just fine.
    Good luck. ;-)

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    OK. I have a CDM-8910 from Metro PCS and I am trying to get BitPim to work. I have version 1.0.1

When I try to detect the phone, it says that the phone is not detected. A look at the log file shows that it sees the phone, but that it doesn't recognize it. It looks for "E815" and finds a "CDM-8910" - No match. Then it looks for a "E815m" and finds a "CDM-8910" - No match.

It does this for the whole list, which contains no "CDM-8910", and says that it couldn't find a phone that it recognizes.

I have tried setting the "phone" option to all kinds of things, changing the com port, etc... all with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    It looks as if Bitpim support for the 8900 series started in version 0.7test6 and stopped in version 0.7test10 because they got tired of people bricking phones with it. I am going to start looking for a Bitpim 0.7 version unless anybody else has any better ideas.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Version 1.0.1 work just fine for the "File system view" option. No other options are supported. The com port has to be set up manually and there is no support for the "detect phone" option. Choose "other cdma phone" and configure the com port, probably "curitel packet service". This should give you access to the file system of the phone.
    Good luck. ;-)

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, got it. I forgot to post here. I had trouble finding the "file system view" option. Now I need to transfer the phone book from one phone to another.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8910
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score

Post 8910 PC transfer.

Hello everyone.

Please help a newbie.
    I received today the data cable for the 8910 and tried to transfer data using the BitPim software without success.
    First of all, this model is not listed there, also it gives me options for COM ports but my cable is USB.
    Does anyone know about a better management software for this phone?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM-8910
    Carrier(s)
    Thunder Bay Telephone
    Feedback Score

HELP!!! Newbie in Canada needs help.

Hello everyone. OK, here's my problem. I bought a data cable on Ebay. I am such a newbie that I actually thought that was all I needed to connect my cell to my computer and download my pics to it. So I hope you can understand how tech savvy I am not.
    I have noticed on the threads that the cell phone provider must make a difference. My provider is a private city owned one, called Tbay Tel. My phone does say Bell on it if that makes a difference. I understand that I can download a program from Bitpim for it, which I havent done as of yet.
    I am hoping that someone can walk me through the process of getting this phone to work for me. All I want to do really is download the pictures to my computer and maybe add a few new ringtones.
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone out there would help me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    @ DevinaNY, You'll need the usb drivers to go along with the cable. As stated in many posts in this thread, once you get the phone recognized by the OS Bitpim should work fine for the file system view. If the phone is a Bell phone you'll need to look at these instructions.

http://vox8910.ca.tt/

There are several methods for different providers with the same phone. Have a good look at your file structure and make sure you're using the right method.
    Good luck. ;-)

Feedback Score
    I just got my USB cable today to connect my Verizon 8910 to my PC. I am trying to use BitPim but it doesn't work. The problem seems to be this. After my phone is connected to the computer for a minute, it automatically switches off. I can't stop it from switching off and it messes everything up. Windows says the device is malfunctioning etc. The green light stays on but the displays are all off. If I unplug it from the cable everything turns back on, as if I just powered it on (Verizon logo appears with balloons etc.) Then if I plug it back into the cable it stays on for about a minute, and then it shuts down again.

I did use the phone setup instructions at http://vox8910.ca.tt/ . Both the modem driver and the other driver are set to COM4.

Lemme guess. Verizon has changed it so that if you try to connect your phone to a PC, it automatically goes into standby.

Here's another thing. I use ##7678 to change the phone to "USB Diag", but when I plug it in, it automatically shuts off. This happens even if I have it folded up. The green light is still on though.
    Last edited by doctorx0079; 06-09-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Feedback Score
    Anybody read this thread any more??

Feedback Score
    Hello? Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Okay, forget BitPim, use QPST, works great.

Feedback Score
    I have an embarq ut starcom ppc 6700 that has been flashed to cricket called in and did esn switch. When i call in to *228 to complete the actvate i get the following error "the number of SPC attempt fail 15 times from network. Handset will freeze for 1 minute then power reset." I eveen took it in to a cricket store and they couldn't manually program it. Can someone please walk me slowly through how to manually program it. Please?

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to find the usb driver I can use with my UTstarcom so I can use it as a modem with my windows xp machine. Does anybody have a driver they can share?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by injunbilly1 View Post
    I'm trying to find the usb driver I can use with my UTstarcom so I can use it as a modem with my windows xp machine. Does anybody have a driver they can share?
    Which model phone? If it's the 8910 0r 8915 I'm sure I've got the usb drivers for at least Windows 2000 & XP stored away some where in my back ups.

Good luck. ;-)

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41