Thread: How to replace/refund money order?

Phones
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Sony Ericsson K790a / W810i / W580i
    Samsung Anycall S308
    Carriers
    ROGERS Wireless
    7-11 SpeakOut
    Feedback Score

How to replace/refund money order?

Recently I've purchased a cell phone off ebay for Rogers network use. Yes it is the 6230B. I've purchased a Western Union money order at a local convenience store and sent it out via Canada Post Xpresspost. However, today, I phoned Xpresspost, and they said they must launch an investigation because the package is not found in their system.

So, my question is, if something like this happens, how do I obtain a refund from Western Union?

Anyone who would like to share their past similar experience?

Any information will be appreicated. My main concern is whether or not if I will be able to get a refund or replace for the money order.

Thank you all.
    Feedbacks

100% Positive Feedbacks

Wireless Etc... Communication Consultant

Phone
    Current: Blackberry Bold
    Carrier
    Robbers (Rogers) Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Typically Money Orders are treated like cash... so it's hard getting a refund. But you can:

I lost my money order receipt. How can I get a refund or request a photocopy of the money order I purchased?

You'll need to obtain a money order Tracing/Refund Request form from the location where you purchased the money order. Completely fill out and sign the request form.

A letter from the selling agent may be used as proof of purchase. The agent statement must be on letterhead or imprinted with a store stamp. It should also include the money order number, dollar amount, date of purchase, and signature of the selling agent.

Follow the instructions on the request form and mail to the address on the form for processing. You will also need to include a non-refundable processing fee. If the money order has not cashed at the time your request is received you will generally be issued a refund within 30 days of our investigation.

or

In the event there is any inconsistency between the English version of the westernunion.com website and the Spanish version, the English version shall be binding.

Western Union® Terms and Conditions

Western Union Money Transfer® Service Terms and Conditions

TELEPHONE MONEY TRANSFER SERVICE

Test Question

Administration Charge

Refunds

Right to Refund

Disputes (Outside California)

Limitations of Liability

Currency Exchange, International Services (Except to Mexico)

Currency Exchange, International Services to Mexico

General

WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER® SERVICES AND THE WESTERN UNION QUICK COLLECT® SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH 1-800-CALL-CASHSM (collectively, “Services”) ARE PROVIDED SUBJECT TO THIS AGREEMENT AND APPLICABLE LAW:

Additional information regarding Services may be obtained from the Western Union Internet site at www.westernunion.com. Western Union® customers (“Customers”) may access Services through 1-800-CALL-CASHSM using a Visa® or MasterCard® branded credit or pinless debit card, or a Discover® credit card, issued by or through a financial institution located in the U.S. (collectively, a “bank card”).

Availability of Services depends on selected Services conditions including, Western Union’s receipt of an authorization from the bank card issuer, amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements and location hours (collectively, “Restrictions”). The designated recipient (“Receiver”) will normally receive funds sent by Customers in cash, check or a combination thereof, or in selected U.S. locations, a Western Union® payout card. Payout card or check Receivers may incur additional fees to access funds. Transactions: (i) which exceed certain amounts; (ii) to certain destinations; (iii) that implicate certain regulatory issues; or (iv) sent through delayed options, may take longer, be subject to dollar limits or be subject to additional Restrictions. Transactions may be reported to applicable authorities. TELEPHONE NOTIFICATION, MESSENGER DELIVERY and SUPPLEMENTAL MESSAGES may be included for an additional fee with qualifying Services.

*Your agreement with your bank card issuer governs use of your card, and you must refer to that agreement to ascertain your rights and liabilities as a cardholder, which may include a “cash advance” or similar fee. Each time Customer uses the Services, Customer authorizes Western Union to charge Customer’s designated bank card account for the principal amount, transfer fees and any other fees applicable to the Services selected by Customer.

TEST QUESTION.

In many destinations Services that include test questions will be paid to the Receiver if the Receiver can provide the test question answer OR identification. In some destinations the Receiver may be required to provide identification, the test question answer or both.

ADMINISTRATION CHARGE.

Transactions not picked up or canceled by Customer within one year of the date it was sent will be assessed a non-refundable administration charge of up to fifty cents per month from the send date, not to exceed forty-two dollars, which will be deducted from the amount sent.

REFUNDS.

PRINCIPAL REFUNDS and cancellation of the transaction will be made if payment to the Receiver has not been made when Western Union processes Customer’s written request. TRANSFER FEE REFUNDS are generally made if funds are not available to the Receiver within Western Union’s specified timeframes. Transfer fee refunds are not available for Quick Collect® Services. Qualifying refunds will be made within 45 days of receipt of Customer’s valid written request.

The following provision applies only to transactions from California to a foreign country:

RIGHT TO REFUND.

“You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as the result of this agreement if Western Union does not forward the money received from you within 10 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent amount of money to the person designated by you within 10 days of the date of the receipt of the funds from you unless otherwise instructed by you.

If your instructions as to when the moneys shall be forwarded or transmitted are not complied with and the money has not yet been forwarded or transmitted you have a right to a refund of your money.

If you want a refund, you must mail or deliver your written request to Western Union at P.O. Box 4430, Bridgeton, Missouri 63044. If you do not receive your refund, you may be entitled to your money back plus a penalty of up to $1,000 and attorney’s fees pursuant to Section 1810.5 of the California Financial Code.”

Just check WesternUnion.com for more info.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Phones
    6275i
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by treatz
    hi, Rogers forum.

thanks
    uh?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Originally posted by wolwol