Thread: I want the baddest phone out.

Phones
    Qtek 8500
    Treo 600 (Terrible)
    HP 6315 (Even worse)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, the mpx would be nice if it actually worked properly and didn't have a crippling amount of RAM. It's also about $400 - $500 over priced at the moment in my opinion.

Phones
    Motorola Mpx 300
    Motorola v60
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Smile mpx 300

Originally posted by 10651
    The jam is cool but I think if I had the money I would get the mpx300, I dunno why maybe because its more built to be a phone then pda.
    Just got my MPX 300 and I am loving it
    no glitches so far. I have a laptop in my hand and I'm on the phone at the same time.
    Janadian

Phones
    Apple iPhone3Gs 32gb white and 16GB 3G both jb'd
    HTC Touch Pro (att Fuze)
    Carrier
    at&t blue deathstar (majority of voice and unlimited 3G data),
    Feedback Score

Re: mpx 300

Originally posted by janadian
    Just got my MPX 300 and I am loving it
    no glitches so far. I have a laptop in my hand and I'm on the phone at the same time.

how much and from where did you get it?
    I guess your in Canada? rogers?
    is the mpx300 available domestically in stores there?

does it have 850mhz freq?

Phones
    Motorola Mpx 300
    Motorola v60
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Smile Mpx300

Cell Teck in Toronto inported the phone
    Its not available in stores
    $1400.

So far so good.

I was looking for the badest phone out there too and this is good for me.

I hear the Moto A1010 is comming which is on my redar.

yes 850mhz

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro (att Fuze)
    Carrier
    Feedback Score

Re: Mpx300

Cell Teck in Toronto inported the phone
    Its not available in stores
    $1400.

So far so good.

I was looking for the badest phone out there too and this is good for me.

I hear the Moto A1010 is comming which is on my redar.

yes 850mhz

sounds good. I thought the version that was out didn't have 850mhz. But according to you and this reseller it does so that will be great for cingular.

My SE s710a is on its way and i'm trying out the Treo 650 on my last days with Sprint and I love it especially for web and to replace my pam m515. Its a little wierd to hold to your ear as a phone but i use the speaker a lot. I think the Mpx 300 will be perfect as a phone and pda with teh dual hinge form, but i'm skeptical about overpaying to import it if it really is coming out in the u.s for cingular in early summer.

Also i've heard they may fix/improve a few things. maybe more ram.. is it still just 16mb?

Anyway, it seems to be a highly scammed phone as anything in demand with rip off artists.

Upon emailing one guy who had it for sale on ebay he emailed me a few times and was selling to me for $300 and then even dropped to $250 wheni was hesitant. He was shipping from europe where its easy to rip someone off and not get caught so its 99.9 % chance he was scamme especially at that too good to be true price. but that .1% doubt had me tempted at the price.

Now there is this other seller who had an ebay deal and has a site also selling the Mpx300 as well as the Moto 1150 or whatever it is, the one that looks like the next razr.

Their price is a little higher but still well below 1400. Here is an email from the guy also with an aol email like the previous scammer. i dont remember what i said that he wrote what he did but it was prob something to the affect of mentioning the other guy selling for less and if the version he was selling has 850.

"Dear Valued Costumer,

This Motorola Mpx300 that we currently have in stock is quad band:
    GSM 850/ GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900.
    If you want to buy the phone from those sellers please be my guest but after you will get burned please email me and let me know if I am right.

Thank you anyway.
    Regards

www.Shopping-Easy-Center.com"

so what do you guys think? Is this seller and site legit? If nothing else check out the site for a nice big pic of the 1150 razr part 2 phone.

Phones
    Qtek 8500
    Treo 600 (Terrible)
    HP 6315 (Even worse)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have read about these guys before. It's a scam. It's not hard to upload a "Fake" website. $499 for an MPX.... yeah right.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro (att Fuze)
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by johnannie
    I have read about these guys before. It's a scam. It's not hard to upload a "Fake" website. $499 for an MPX.... yeah right.

So I guess the guy emailing me from ebay with the aol address offering me the Mpx 300 for $300 adn then $250 was also definately a theif.

Why is this phone so highly scammed?

Phones
    iPhone 8gb unlocked
    i have had
    alot of phones!
    Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    is the imate that new 02 xda mini??

...and i am flawed but i am cleaning up so well...

Phones
    Qtek 8500
    Treo 600 (Terrible)
    HP 6315 (Even worse)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Quatre
    So I guess the guy emailing me from ebay with the aol address offering me the Mpx 300 for $300 adn then $250 was also definately a theif.

Why is this phone so highly scammed?
    Because lots of people want this phone and you can't get it in stores so it's a perfect scam cause of the demand.

Phones
    Motorola Mpx 300
    Motorola v60
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Mpx300

sounds good. I thought the version that was out didn't have 850mhz. But according to you and this reseller it does so that will be great for cingular.

My SE s710a is on its way and i'm trying out the Treo 650 on my last days with Sprint and I love it especially for web and to replace my pam m515. Its a little wierd to hold to your ear as a phone but i use the speaker a lot. I think the Mpx 300 will be perfect as a phone and pda with teh dual hinge form, but i'm skeptical about overpaying to import it if it really is coming out in the u.s for cingular in early summer.

Also i've heard they may fix/improve a few things. maybe more ram.. is it still just 16mb?

Anyway, it seems to be a highly scammed phone as anything in demand with rip off artists.

Upon emailing one guy who had it for sale on ebay he emailed me a few times and was selling to me for $300 and then even dropped to $250 wheni was hesitant. He was shipping from europe where its easy to rip someone off and not get caught so its 99.9 % chance he was scamme especially at that too good to be true price. but that .1% doubt had me tempted at the price.

Now there is this other seller who had an ebay deal and has a site also selling the Mpx300 as well as the Moto 1150 or whatever it is, the one that looks like the next razr.

Their price is a little higher but still well below 1400. Here is an email from the guy also with an aol email like the previous scammer. i dont remember what i said that he wrote what he did but it was prob something to the affect of mentioning the other guy selling for less and if the version he was selling has 850.

"Dear Valued Costumer,

This Motorola Mpx300 that we currently have in stock is quad band:
    GSM 850/ GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900.
    If you want to buy the phone from those sellers please be my guest but after you will get burned please email me and let me know if I am right.

Thank you anyway.
    Regards

www.Shopping-Easy-Center.com"

so what do you guys think? Is this seller and site legit? If nothing else check out the site for a nice big pic of the 1150 razr part 2 phone.

The guys I deal with from cell tec I know, see and can talk to everyday. If I need anything, questions they are there for me I have their personal cell phone numbers.

I love my Mpx 300.

I though it would be confusing but because it runs microsoft windows, It like having my computer at my fingertips.

Think about this,
    I needed a phone, a palm, an mp3 player a protable DVD player
    a degital camera and a laptop.

the price is right for me beause I know people with all that and it dones not fit into their hands.,

I will pay the extra to know she sellers I am dealing with and have them help me when I have questions,

Phones
    BB Curve
    Ocean, Dash, SDA
    Blackjack, Wing
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

You guys really think the jam is worth it and better hten any other phone out or coming or importable.

Better then the Sharp TM-200, Mitsu m900 and NEC n840, Sanyo Mm-5600, SE s710a, LG vx8001, Moto E815 etc?
    Heck, the MPX 220 is better than all of the phones listed above [only treo 650 and MPX300 could surpass it featurewise]. Most of those have one great particular feature, but fail to surpass the mpx220 on the rest. The Sanyo Mm-5600 doesn't even let you put things other than MP3 into your phone, the Sharp TM-200's only big feature is its 2 Megapixel camera. Don't even start me with the Moto E815 [which isn't even out] or the garbage that NEC is known for. Even when Verizon's LG Vx8001 comes out, it will still fall back to a smartphone.

The important word here is smartphone, which only a pocketpc-like device can beat it. The multimedia capabilities of a smartphone is the same of a PC, while a regular phone would hardly support more than three different type of formats for audio and video. The Megapixel camera is just a plus here. None of those phones have the ability to play DOOM 3D perfectly, or perfectly emulate a SUPERNES/NES/GAMEBOY/GENESIS/N-Gage, and definitely hardly any of them support fan-made third party apps.

The fact that the MPX 220 also has Bluetooth 1.2 [not crippled down like the Moto E815 or v710], IR, Support for Wi-Fi, External Color Screen, Speakerphone, Megapixel camera, Unlimited video recording [as opposed to your 15 sec. limit on the Sanyo 5600 you listed] and mini-SD support just make it all a better phone than all the other phones that have some of this features, and even with all of these phone features they still lack the PDA features on them.
    Last edited by NooM; 04-21-2005 at 05:45 AM.

Phones
    Motorola Mpx 300
    Motorola v60
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

baddest phone out there

Ok,

have you heard about the Moto A1010
    That the next phone on my redar.

I still love my MPX 300 but the Moto A1010 due out this fall comes with video conferencing.,

your openion please.

Phone
    Motorola RaZr V3
    Carrier
    Vodafone Germany
    Feedback Score

Re: baddest phone out there

Ok,

have you heard about the Moto A1010
    That the next phone on my redar.

I still love my MPX 300 but the Moto A1010 due out this fall comes with video conferencing.,

your openion please.
    a lot of phones can video conference with UMTS

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro (att Fuze)
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by NooM
    Heck, the MPX 220 is better than all of the phones listed above [only treo 650 and MPX300 could surpass it featurewise]. Most of those have one great particular feature, but fail to surpass the mpx220 on the rest. The Sanyo Mm-5600 doesn't even let you put things other than MP3 into your phone, the Sharp TM-200's only big feature is its 2 Megapixel camera. Don't even start me with the Moto E815 [which isn't even out] or the garbage that NEC is known for. Even when Verizon's LG Vx8001 comes out, it will still fall back to a smartphone.

The important word here is smartphone, which only a pocketpc-like device can beat it. The multimedia capabilities of a smartphone is the same of a PC, while a regular phone would hardly support more than three different type of formats for audio and video. The Megapixel camera is just a plus here. None of those phones have the ability to play DOOM 3D perfectly, or perfectly emulate a SUPERNES/NES/GAMEBOY/GENESIS/N-Gage, and definitely hardly any of them support fan-made third party apps.

The fact that the MPX 220 also has Bluetooth 1.2 [not crippled down like the Moto E815 or v710], IR, Support for Wi-Fi, External Color Screen, Speakerphone, Megapixel camera, Unlimited video recording [as opposed to your 15 sec. limit on the Sanyo 5600 you listed] and mini-SD support just make it all a better phone than all the other phones that have some of this features, and even with all of these phone features they still lack the PDA features on them.

Its hard not to question your biasness being that it looks like a Moto mpx220 is your main phone. I'm not saying mpx220 is bad and I am still interested in it even though it is not new at all anymore and in fact discontinued from cingular site and amazon doesnt' sell either. There must be a reason for this.

Also, a very important feature to me is a nice 240x320 or larger qvga screen that most of those phones I listed have and the mpx220 does not. How can you have a smartphone with all that capability and then a small inferior screen for viewing it all.

I have the se s710a and a treo 650 as well as a moto v710. I do not have a smartphone or pocketpc phone as the treo is palm based which i think is more stable especialy for a phone but i'm thinking about the 220 before its really impossible to find and discontinued as i think some stores still have it left but ....

Is it really honestly worth it and a great all around phone or are you just super bias and convincing yourself you have the best phone?

Is it worth getting with the far superior Mpx300 which matches it and beats it in every way? If the mpx300 was a long way off maybe but i just feel like its too close to coming out in the states to bother picking up an mpx220 at this point.

Also I'm not sure it is the Moto 1010 is the model # of the new razr like phone coming out or not but either way that is also another great gsm moto phone to look forward too so I dont want to end up with too many moto flip phones as I already have one in the v710 which I actually like a lot and I like to have a variety of phones from diff manufac and form factor hence the main 3 i use now all being very different and complimenting eachother well.

Phones
    Motorola Mpx 300
    Motorola v60
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The MPX 300 will not be launched in North America
    When did you hear it was comming to the US?

It's no longer on the Moto web site.

It is a great phone, need more memory but that can be compensated for with a 1G SD card

The moto A1010 is not the new razer, it should be out this fall.

Good luck with your search for the baddes phone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast