Thread: My experience with the VX6600

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW(the best in CA)
    Feedback Score

My experience with the VX6600

My cousin recently used his NE2 at the VZW store to upgrade to a VX6600. So far, me and him are testing the phone. It has been a day since getting this phone, and one word that describes it is CRAP. The talk time is extremely short, I manage to talk to about 10 people around 10 minutes each and it ran out of battery, it was fully charged as well.

Also This phone is pretty uncofortable to hold, and drags down your pocket a bit, thats if you want some large phone sticking out your pants and also it doesn't fit in some pants.

The screen can be easily scratched and smudged, but it is very large and detailed

Blue Tooth worked fine but only in a short distance

Key board is harder to use than Treo 600

MP3 Ringtones works well, we were able to upload Linkin Park-Numb the full song on to the phone
    Plays midi file well too.

Had so problems sending pics though, sometimes it didn't download the file

This phone gets heated after a couple of long calls, and it also gets heated when using EV-DO

EV-DO worked fine in Vegas, a bit slow when we moved around

Reception is ok, comparable to Samsung A530

Overall I give it a 5.5/10 since there is still a lot of bugs in it, some I can't even explain

Me and my cousin perfered the Treo 600, since the VX6600 they had in stores did not have camera.

If you get this return it and wait for the other ev-do phone, but if you are looking for a PDA phone get the Samsung i700 or the Treo 600

We plan to return this phone to the VZW store tommorow, he is planning to get the LG VX8000 (Pre-order)

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    XV6600, not VX6600...at first glance it looked like you were talking about a LG.

Device(s)
    V3c
    Carrier(s)
    VZW(the best in CA)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I do mean the XV6600, I have a bad habbit of pressing two buttons at the sametime

Device(s)
    iPhone3G - 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: My experience with the VX6600

If you want just a phone, get a phone. This is a power hungry device and a spare battery or extended battery is must purchase.(although I seem to be fine) Most new converged devices are like this unit.

Handling:

The XV6600 is fine to hold. Better than the Samsung I700 in my opinion. Pretty much on par with other PPC phones on the market.

Screen:

Get a screen protector for the unit if you buy one! All PDA owners know this!

Bluetooth:

The XV6600 is made by HTC and sold by different carriers. Siemens SX66, O2 XDAIIi, QTek 9090, Audiovox PPC-6601, etc. Its been out for months and there are problems with the bluetooth that are being fixed. (They are mostly fixed with the GSM versions) Audiovox is aware of the bluetooth issues and will be getting a ROM update/patch out.

Built in keyboard:

I'm now typing on mine as fast as I typed on my Treo 600, so I think its more of a getting used to the different keyboard layout type thing. Obviously your results may vary! I like the fact that you can hide it when you aren't using it, very nice touch!

Extended Use:

Yes, the device gets warm after extended periods of use, just like any PDA Phone / laptop / etc. Not a problem really.

Rating:

A phone user giving a converged device that has got high marks on plenty of reviews a 5.5 out of 10? If I was just judging its phone capability I think I would give it at least a 6.5......

Camera Version?:

XV6600 is geared towards business users and hence is cameraless......Verizon supposedly will be releasing a camera version in the future. As a business user, I could care less about a camera. Get a camera phone if you want it.

Overall:

If you get this you should know what you are getting, NOT A PHONE! This is a PDA with phone capabilities. Its the most powerfull fully converged device on the market. If you want something that can just do EVDO and you aren't a PDA user please wait until Verizon releases a phone like this poster mentioned.

Try pdaphonehome.com for good reviews and information on this device and also the pocket pc forum on hofo. Just my 2 cents.