Thread: World CDMA Coverage Map

Feedback Score

World CDMA Coverage Map

Hello. Does such a thing exist?

I want to do some global travelling and wondering where I can take an old CDMA phone.

gsmworld.com offers useful visual maps of the coverage area. But its CDMA counterpart cdg.org offers no such thing. cellular-news.com seems to cover the whole world and has useful looking maps but I know for sure their Canada map is incomplete hence all the others are suspect. Assuming one can find the CDMA carriers' websites, it would require knowledge of that country's language to navigate the site if they even have a coverage map page (I unsuccessfully tried at a Brazilian carrier's website for exampe).

Phones
    GSM (v550, N8)
    CDMA Motorola Milestone X
    WCDMA (V980, N8, TM506)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    You might want to look at the PARC webiste.
    Donald Newcomb

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 8130
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Check out cdg.org, more updated and provide carriers informations too.

Phones
    GSM (v550, N8)
    CDMA Motorola Milestone X
    WCDMA (V980, N8, TM506)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jmyeosf
    Check out cdg.org, more updated and provide carriers informations too.
    Last time I checked the CDMA website (cdg.org) it was a good source of information on which countries had CDMA systems but did not tell you where you would actually be able to roam. For instance, Japan is a country with CDMA coverage. What they aren't to clear on is that Japan's CDMA implementation is incompatible with all the other CDMA systems, so that (at this time) you will not be able to roam the KDDI (AU) service in Japan. The PARC website is a roaming database which tells you where you should be able to roam, provided your phone is compatible. You may be roaming on an analog service, but you'll be roaming.