Thread: Incoming Call from Myself?

Phones
    Motorola V220
    Motorola V180
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Incoming Call from Myself?

I got my bill, and I see a lot of incoming calls from myself. They're not being billed as mobile to mobile. I don't even know how I could recieve a call from my own number :P

I called CS today, and I was told whenever a number comes up as unavailable or private, it just comes up on the bill as my own number. I have a lot of these calls, it seems to many to be all private callers. Can anyone verify if this information is true?

Phones
    860 datacard
    sync a707
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    its true..

Phone
    SE T637
    Carrier
    attwireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (I DONT KNOW.I CANT SEE MODEL#.: SonyEricssonT637/R101 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

??? Do you receive/see a lot of unknown callers, number blocked calls coming in on your phone? Both Cingular and attws list call details (in both my cell bills) my cellphone number, which is listed over and over again. My number rarely shows up as a "Voicemail/Retrieval" call or whatever either company calls it. However, I'm not getting charged, yet, since all calls hv been billed as M2M min's. I'd make sure again,esp.if all these calls fall into a "Unknown" category and count as pay calls.

Phones
    Samsung Captivate
    Samsung Captivate
    iPhone 3G (Wife)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These are your Incoming calls. That is how the numbers show up. They don't list the number of the person calling, they only list the number of the person you called. That is why your number shows up a lot and it isn't m2m unless it's incoming from a Cing/Att number. Hope this helps.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That was the one cool thing about KIC TDMA. I don't know if KIC GSM does it, but on KIC TDMA I could go to the "OLAM" for my phone and it would list the person's phone number regardless of their caller ID blocking.

Phones
    Motorola V220
    Motorola V180
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I think I only once got a private caller, and it was me calling from my house.

Now that I look more closely, all incoming calls except M2M do come up as my own number. I guess because most of my incoming calls are M2M, I just didn't notice. Seems sort of stupid they can't show the actual incoming number.

Thanks

Phone
    HTC Mogul aka HTC Titan aka PPC-6800
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the process of porting my AT&T Wireless number to Vonage. The Vonage caller ID has been updated, but the number has yet to transfer over from AT&T to Vonage, so when I dialed my AT&T number to check my voicemail, I got a call from myself!!

I wonder how they bill m2m... is it caller ID based? What if caller ID was spoofed to be another mobile? Would that be counted as m2m?

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by gdbusby
    These are your Incoming calls. That is how the numbers show up. They don't list the number of the person calling, they only list the number of the person you called. That is why your number shows up a lot and it isn't m2m unless it's incoming from a Cing/Att number. Hope this helps.
    My detailed bill shows the number of the person who called me and lists it as an incoming call.

Feedback Score
    If the person calling in doesn't have Caller ID block, it lists their number. If the person calling in has Caller ID block (more common on landlines), it lists your cell phone # instead.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by blueandwhiteg3
    I'm in the process of porting my AT&T Wireless number to Vonage. The Vonage caller ID has been updated, but the number has yet to transfer over from AT&T to Vonage, so when I dialed my AT&T number to check my voicemail, I got a call from myself!!

I wonder how they bill m2m... is it caller ID based? What if caller ID was spoofed to be another mobile? Would that be counted as m2m?

How on Earth are you porting wireLESS to wireLINE? The FCC did not authorize that in LNP. Vonage is still considered wireLINE even though its VoiP, isn't it? I don't know how you got them to do it but you cannot port "backwards" from a wireless carrier to a landline carrier. No wonder your CID is f***ed up!!
    Last edited by jasonfont426; 02-08-2005 at 03:04 AM.

Phone
    HTC Mogul aka HTC Titan aka PPC-6800
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well... Vonage does. Don't ask me how! I'll let you know how it goes if you PM me...