Thread: Turn off Callback (CB) on outgoing TXT's on vx8000?

Phone
    Cingular Treo 750
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Turn off Callback (CB) on outgoing TXT's on vx8000?

When I send an outbound text message, by default my phone number is included "CB:xxx-xxx-xxxx" in the message. Sometimes I do not want this on there. In the vx6000 i could disable it by default, so it would never show up.

On the VX8000 - I can disable it per message, and i can set the default CB to "0", but I can't tell it to never insert the CB in the outgoing message. Unless I'm missing something. Anyone find a way to get rid of this permanently?

Phones
    LG Voyager
    V > EnV
    VX6000 > 7000 > 8000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No, but to send anonomous text messages you can do it at vtext.com

Phones
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Pearl, Touch, Q9m, Dare, Voyager,
    Chocolate, Flipshot, Juke, Mobi, Alias, Boulder, Razr, 2128i, VX7000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Turn off Callback (CB) on outgoing TXT's on vx8000?

Originally posted by mirage1228
    When I send an outbound text message, by default my phone number is included "CB:xxx-xxx-xxxx" in the message. Sometimes I do not want this on there. In the vx6000 i could disable it by default, so it would never show up.

On the VX8000 - I can disable it per message, and i can set the default CB to "0", but I can't tell it to never insert the CB in the outgoing message. Unless I'm missing something. Anyone find a way to get rid of this permanently?
    Not sure if this will work on the VX8000, but on my VX7000, under Messages Menu, left softkey is Settings, Under that is TXT-Callback # and an option to turn it on or off.
    Member, Verizon Wireless Customer Council