Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When the network switches from Rogers to Fido...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers!
    Feedback Score

When the network switches from Rogers to Fido...

Last night, I was in a weak Rogers area (Bayview and Hwy 7) and my 3220 automatically switched from Rogers to Fido back to Rogers. It kept bouncing around, but the calls went thru, without any distortion as far as I could tell. It went from one bar on Rogers to 3 bars on Fido then back to one bar. When I tried to make a call, I got a little note saying call forwarding activated.

What does it mean when that happens? I haven't set up call forwarding to another number, will incoming calls go right to voicemail? How do I disable this feature - I don't want my calls to be forwarded.

That was the first time my phones' ever automatically switched to Fido.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Device(s)
    SE T610
    Carrier(s)
    rogers/fido
    Feedback Score

Re: When the network switches from Rogers to Fido...

Originally posted by SodiumSulfate
    my 3220 automatically switched from Rogers to Fido back to Rogers. It kept bouncing around, but the calls went thru,
    Did it switch while you were in the middle of a call? My calls drop when it switches back and forth? This must be good news.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Should have dropped...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    this has nothign to do with seamless transfer,
    that is not the question in this thread

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers!
    Feedback Score
    I only made one call when it was on Fido, and it went thru, but I got the call forwarding message...I guess i'll have to cancel call forwarding every time it switches networks until they finish sorting out the merged network.

I did however get a few "message not sent" errors when I was trying to text message people. I think I recieved the texts fine, but sending them gave me errors - I had to try a couple of times before they were actually sent.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I only made one call when it was on Fido, and it went thru, but I got the call forwarding message...I guess i'll have to cancel call forwarding every time it switches networks until they finish sorting out the merged network.

I did however get a few "message not sent" errors when I was trying to text message people. I think I recieved the texts fine, but sending them gave me errors - I had to try a couple of times before they were actually sent.
    do you actually read my reply?
    you can cancel Callforwarding all you like, it's still gonna say "calls forwarded" because your calls ARE forwarded to you VM inbox.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers!
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by treatz
    do you actually read my reply?
    you can cancel Callforwarding all you like, it's still gonna say "calls forwarded" because your calls ARE forwarded to you VM inbox.
    I did read your reply, but when I did get an incoming call my phone rang. I thought that when it goes straight to VM, it bypasses your phone, and your phone doesn't ring?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I did read your reply, but when I did get an incoming call my phone rang. I thought that when it goes straight to VM, it bypasses your phone, and your phone doesn't ring?
    what are you talking about?
    what does going straignt to VM have to do with you making a call and getting the "note: call forwarding active" prompt on your screeN?
    i'm answering your question of:
    When I tried to make a call, I got a little note saying call forwarding activated.

What does it mean when that happens? I haven't set up call forwarding to another number, will incoming calls go right to voicemail? How do I disable this feature - I don't want my calls to be forwarded.

it will always say call forwarded because your calls ARE FORWARDED to your VM. it's a Fido quirk. You don't see this on rogers because they set it up that way.

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless; total Fido pwnage (literally)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I find it VERY annoying that it says "call forwarded" if i have VM on my cell phone.

I mean, i'll eventually know that my calls are forwarded if i get a VM, and i should know anyways since i paid for VM.

I don't need you to constantly annoy me with that message especially if i paid for this service. It's like paying for annoyance

Device(s)
    •—Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    ◄ Fido ►
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by I2icky
    I find it VERY annoying that it says "call forwarded" if i have VM on my cell phone.

I mean, i'll eventually know that my calls are forwarded if i get a VM, and i should know anyways since i paid for VM.

I don't need you to constantly annoy me with that message especially if i paid for this service. It's like paying for annoyance
    it's just ghetto features from what was a ghetto company
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson S710a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers!
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by treatz
    what are you talking about?
    what does going straignt to VM have to do with you making a call and getting the "note: call forwarding active" prompt on your screeN?
    i'm answering your question of:
    When I tried to make a call, I got a little note saying call forwarding activated.

it will always say call forwarded because your calls ARE FORWARDED to your VM. it's a Fido quirk. You don't see this on rogers because they set it up that way.
    Oh, okay...I thought it meant that all my incoming calls with go directly to my VM, and they wouldn't show up on my phone.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    AAB 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers SMG (850/1900mhz)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Originally posted by J.
    it's just ghetto features from what was a ghetto company
    couldnt have said it any better
    Disclaimer: Information obtained in a forum may not be accurate or reliable. Never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated within any establishment.I the poster shall not be liable for any statement, misstatement, inaccuracy or omission of any type for any content submitted by a site member or visitor on any forum.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6120 Classic White wCDMA HSDPA : Nokia BH-200
    Carrier(s)
    Fido by Rogers wCDMA HSDPA
    Feedback Score
    here's a lowly user from the ghetto company, that can actually explain it, and that there is a method to their madness. If you use an unconditional divert, an icon is constantly on the display that shows that the line has been diverted to a particular number. However unconditional diverts have no such icon. That message that appears before the call is connected is a reminder that there is some form of divert active, be it conditional or unconditional.

This has nothing to do ith voicemail, it just so happens that voicemail is the number that it's been diverted to. Because the ability to control diverts is controlled at the user level, those of you that love to brag about switching phones and SIM cards, would know this as "GSM freedom"

Oh by the way, these messages appear on the phone level, because it's up to the phone that decides to display these messages. So by ghetto company, you must mean Nokia, because well, they were ghetto enough to actually implement this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia6230/2.0 (05.24) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally posted by harrytse
    here's a lowly user from the ghetto company, that can actually explain it, and that there is a method to their madness. If you use an unconditional divert, an icon is constantly on the display that shows that the line has been diverted to a particular number. However unconditional diverts have no such icon. That message that appears before the call is connected is a reminder that there is some form of divert active, be it conditional or unconditional.

This has nothing to do ith voicemail, it just so happens that voicemail is the number that it's been diverted to. Because the ability to control diverts is controlled at the user level, those of you that love to brag about switching phones and SIM cards, would know this as "GSM freedom"

Oh by the way, these messages appear on the phone level, because it's up to the phone that decides to display these messages. So by ghetto company, you must mean Nokia, because well, they were ghetto enough to actually implement this.
    Regardless. This is a voicemail forwarding issue on fido only as far as users are concerned This doesn't happen on rogers because thex don't allow conditional forwards if you have voicemail. This way it doesn't "break" the voicemail if you do a cancel all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast