Thread: Z500a - How do you disable 'flip to answer' ???

Phones
    Motorola V3 RAXR
    Sony Ericsson T608
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Z500a - How do you disable 'flip to answer' ???

I just purchased a Z500A through Letstalk.com with service through Cingular. I've been trying to figure out how to disable the 'flip to answer' feature. I want to be able to open the phone without answering it.

There is a note in the manual that indicates this is an option, but I cannot find directions on doing this in the manual and I've had no luck with searching through the phone menus.

Any and all suggestions and answers welcome!

Phones
    Nokia E51
    Nokia 6230b
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question

I've got exactly the same question. A friend of mine just bought it for Rogers and hates opening the phone only to have it answer his call.

Treatz had briefly mentioned something about a 0.5 second delay from when opening it to the auto answer, but is there anyway to turn it off the auto answer?

Going through the service menu? Or is this a firmware update that needs to be applied for this to happen?

Phones
    Motorola V3 RAXR
    Sony Ericsson T608
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just talked to SE Customer Care. The only way to answer the phone is to use the flip to open. Think I'll swap this out for a different model.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson Z500a
    Virgin Mobile Audiovox V7 Flasher
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is ridiculous!! I love this phone - but why you can't disable the active flip blows my mind!! And the even more frustrating thing is that when you DO open it to answer, it shows a screen saying "ANSWER THIS CALL? YES/NO" but you're already connected so what the hell??

UGH!!

I just experimented with the .05 sec delay by calling from my landline to my cell to see if I could quickly open the phone and press NO (not to receive the call). I was hoping that if it worked, then by pressing NO it would put the caller to voicemail. Results: If you open it and press NO quick enough it DOESN'T answer the call - however, the other line just gets a busy signal instead of voicemail. UGH
    Last edited by JerryMpls; 05-14-2005 at 08:03 PM.
    My phone:
    SE Z500a
    Cingular Wireless

Phones
    Samsung Eternity
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Just use the +/- keys on the side after seeing the number on the display. I think you just have to hit them twice.