Phones
    Blackberry 7100T
    Motorola MPx220
    Panasonic GD-55
    Carrier
    T Mobile & Swisscom
    Feedback Score

CORRECT TMobile GPRS/t-zones settings for Microsoft Smartphones

I have owned a MPx220 since last November and my biggest frustration has been my inability to access my TMobile t-zones page (wap.myvoicestream.com) with the connections settings I had. Multiple phone calls to TMobile didn't help and I was starting to think that the MPx220 was the cause of my inability to access this page as I could connect to any other html or wap site with the connections settings I had.

After researching this board, I found a few threads that have the correct settings and I thought I should (re)post them as a picture tutorial as I think some of you might have the same issue I used to have and also for every new Microsoft Smartphone user who have a TMobile plan.

ALL the credit of these settings should go to HoFo members jleecong (first one to post the settings on HoFo), fuzzie (for the port 8080 info) and vinayp (for additional DNS info). In addition to this tutorial, you can find jleecong's tutorial here, for alternative settings.

1. Go to Start - Settings - Data Connections

2. Menu - Edit Connections

3. GPRS Connections

4. Delete every GPRS connection already set in this window (having another connection might cause problems).
    5. Menu - Add

6. Fill up as follow

6. Press Done and you will have the following screen

7. Press Done and go to Proxy Connections

8. Delete every Proxy connection already set in this window (having another connection might cause problems).
    9. Menu - Add

10. Fill up as follow

11. Press Done and you will have the following screen

12. Press Done twice and set as follow

13. Press Done twice, open Internet Explorer, Menu, Options, Connections and set as follow

14. Press Done twice and you should be ready to go!

Some of you might wonder why the TMobile/t-zones wapsite (wap.myvoicestream.com) is so important to me and to other TMobile customers.
    I think this is one of TMobile's most underrated feature as one can customize from it's computer, on the TMobile website (go to www.tmobile.com, login, click "communication tools", click "Add or edit on-demand alerts", click "t-zones settings") which information (local weather, movie schedule, stocks, news, scores, horoscopes and lottery) one can access in a few seconds on his cellphone.

For instance, it takes me less than 20 seconds to find out at what times "Constantine" is playing at my local movie theater (as shown below). Just for the Movie feature alone, the t-zones wapsite is fantastic!

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 8800
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Worked like a charm! First time in months I've seen the ole t-zones site. Thanks!

Phones
    Blackberry 7100T
    Motorola MPx220
    Panasonic GD-55
    Carrier
    T Mobile & Swisscom
    Feedback Score
    Great! I am glad you tried them.
    I have asked a Mod to make this thread "sticky", not sure which Mod to ask though as we don't have any mod here...

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 8800
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It was the bit about setting the connections to "Automatic" and IE to "WAP Network" that burned me before. Never even thought about either setting. If you haven't, you should post this (with pix) over at www.modaco.com Or if you'd prefer, I would be happy to do so for you, giving proper credit, of course.

Phones
    myTouch 3G
    Wing
    Dash
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA .:l (Full Bars) Small Biz 1000 Plan /
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by markgamber
    It was the bit about setting the connections to "Automatic" and IE to "WAP Network" that burned me before. Never even thought about either setting. If you haven't, you should post this (with pix) over at www.modaco.com Or if you'd prefer, I would be happy to do so for you, giving proper credit, of course.
    I actually have these already posted at MoDaCo but they never got stickied.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=119111

Wing Downloads (Ringtones, Themes, Software, T-Zones Settings)
    T-Zones Settings (Microsoft Smartphone)

1000 Post 07/22/05 @ 07:46AM

Phone
    Motorola Mpx200 (2)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Unlimited Data, few minutes
    Feedback Score
    Great work! I needed tzones to check my balance. Anyway how did you get that movie thing....i never seen that before.
    Wireless, you are my new hero!

Phones
    myTouch 3G
    Wing
    Dash
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by 10651
    Great work! I needed tzones to check my balance. Anyway how did you get that movie thing....i never seen that before.
    You should be able to setup your local movie theaters using the TMO website and then check the times of your local theaters from your handset.

From the T-Zones homepage.
    My Settings
    My Movies

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just and FYI.... I just got my unlocked MPX220 and followed these instructions after trying many other suggestions. I still could not browse though....well, the problem is that NO ONE with only t-zones access will be able to browse on this phone. Once I upgraded to an actual internet plan, everything works great! It sucks to pay 19.99 a month, but maybe I can get the MPX to serve as a modem for my laptop too now.

Thanks for the info...I'm glad I finally got this thing working.

Chad

Phone
    Unlocked Motorola Rizr Z3 Blue,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can acess espn and google and other sites but can access t-zones page. It says

your request for a service could not be fullfilled. Please try again or contact your operator if the problem persists.

Phones
    myTouch 3G
    Wing
    Dash
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Racerinlsl
    Just and FYI.... I just got my unlocked MPX220 and followed these instructions after trying many other suggestions. I still could not browse though....well, the problem is that NO ONE with only t-zones access will be able to browse on this phone.
    Incorrect!

It is post like yours that we now have a sticky of how to get the internet working with 4.99 T-Zones.

Here is a blog entry I found sending traffic to my T-Zones config page.

4.99 Internet works with Microsoft Smartphones so long as it's setup correctly.

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jleecong
    Incorrect!

It is post like yours that we now have a sticky of how to get the internet working with 4.99 T-Zones.

Here is a blog entry I found sending traffic to my T-Zones config page.

4.99 Internet works with Microsoft Smartphones so long as it's setup correctly.
    Okay, well the settings above, as well as all others I can find would not work. So can you refer me to the correct settings? Mine would not work no matter what, but the day I upgraded to the 19.99 plan, everything worked fine. Help!

Phones
    myTouch 3G
    Wing
    Dash
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Racerinlsl
    Okay, well the settings above, as well as all others I can find would not work. So can you refer me to the correct settings? Mine would not work no matter what, but the day I upgraded to the 19.99 plan, everything worked fine. Help!
    LOL

If you only knew how many hours I have put in on this topic. I've done my time and welcome others work (dupasquier) as when I got it working I stopped playing with settings.

Long story short I'm fine for you to say setting don't work for you. I have had a few people that no matter what I told them to try it wouldn't work. I have had 100s more that is HAS worked for.

The problem I have is when you state "NO ONE with only t-zones access will be able to browse on this phone." because that is false and causes confusion just like the author of the blog article.

Check the port 80 sticky (pg 3,4) and you can read a lot more on how things started.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=3

Phone
    Unlocked Motorola Rizr Z3 Blue,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can someone help he access the t zones site?

I now can access a lot of sites, even complex sites with full graphics I can see which is really awesome! but for some reason I dont get the simple t zones wap site. I didnt use the net on the phone much (I have unlimited t zones for 2.99) but now that I can use most of the web on the go, I'll use it everyday.

Phone
    iPhone 3G S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Stupid Question

I've entered all the settings as shown -- no connection. Now here's the stupid question: Do I need to insert a username and password?

Phones
    Blackberry 7100T
    Motorola MPx220
    Panasonic GD-55
    Carrier
    T Mobile & Swisscom
    Feedback Score

Re: Stupid Question

Originally posted by jsamuels
    I've entered all the settings as shown -- no connection. Now here's the stupid question: Do I need to insert a username and password?
    No.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast