Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

PHP Pix Place Server available!

I have a php Pic Server here: humpa_mms.zip
    Read the readme.txt - there is nothing to edit, though you will have to chmod 777 the pics and videos directories!
    However, you may want to set Your Name and email address (this is only used as the From addy when sending pic as email, and is not needed).

It should work without any modifications.
    It saves pics and videos, and it will also forward to an email address.
    If you attach a voice record to the pic message, that is saved too.
    If you include text, it is saved as the caption (for pics and videos) - if there is no text, but there is a Subject, then that becomes the caption.
    I have customized it a bit for the V710 (I only have it check for 3g2 videos and qcp audio attachments), but pics and captions should work with any phonecam.

I use a variation of this on my phonecam page (in my signature), but here is a test of my humpa_mms package:
    www.humpa.com/humpa_mms

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I meant to tell you last night that I got that running smoothly.
    Thanks again for your help!

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    perfecto!

just downloaded to my laptop (in class). unzipped, uploaded to server at home. set up setting on v710. took picture. sent picture. downloaded picture from home to laptop. viola!

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

PHP PIx Server help!!!

What do i need to get this working? Please help with phone settings and server setup.

-Thanks

JM2005

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks! i gotta try this out later

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: PHP PIx Server help!!!

Originally posted by JM2005
    What do i need to get this working? Please help with phone settings and server setup.

-Thanks

JM2005
    You need to install a webserver (Apache preferably, but IIS would work). Also, you need to install PHP and then configure the webserver to use PHP.

Of course, being able to contact your computer is also dependent that it is on publically available on the internet, not behind a router or NAT. Also, if you have any sort of firewall-ing (explicit or implied through ISP or NAT), you'll need to forward port 80.

Am I forgetting anything?

Feedback Score
    Can someone please post step by step instructions for how to do this. Thank You.

Device(s)
    LG enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This assumes your webserver is good to go (PHP, Apache, etc...):

1. go to your public_html directory and create a directory (call it what you want...I called mine "mms". We'll call your's "mms" as well for this setup example.

2. unzip humpa's files and dump them into your "mms" directory. Those files should include 2 folders (pics and videos), and 4 .PHP files (class.phpmailer.php; get_public.php; index.php; mmslib.php)

NOTE: now you need to CHMOD the "Pics" and "Videos" subdirectories. There are a number of different ways to do this. Basically right click each folder in your FTP program and you should see CHMOD. Click it and make sure they say 777. It'll make sense if you see it.

3. [you may need a seem edit (or two)for this step -I'll assume it's already done. This also assumes you have a working web session]

Menu>Messenging>Message Setup>Pix Message Setup>Server Info>Menu>Edit. Then:
    Service Name: "whatever you want
    Server Name: http://www.yourdomain.com/mss/get_public.php
    Web Session: Choose your personal Web session. If you have multiple sessions, just pick one.

*obviously "yourdomain" is the name of your website!

4. That's all! Send pics to email addresses or to your Pix Place. Your Pix Place is found at http://www.yourdomain.com/mss

5. You'll see that the email portion may be customized to humpa's settings. You may edit these to fit your own likings. Such edits include:

-in class.phpmailer.php, lines 61 and 67

-in get_public.php, lines 12, 13, 129-136, 140, 144, 149, 156, 158, 160

Hope that helps and please anyone, fill in any gaps I left out
    Last edited by justincase; 03-03-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help Guys! I didnt know i had to edit the seem? i need to learn about that then before i setup the rest.

Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Awesome!

It worked flawless

Now if only you could make this a plugin for WordPress.org Blog software

Jef

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting enough whe n Iadd multiple pictures only one works. Even though I see 4 links, each time I click it does not seem to choose a new picture.

http://www.jeftek.com/1/mms

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef
    Interesting enough whe n Iadd multiple pictures only one works. Even though I see 4 links, each time I click it does not seem to choose a new picture.

what the hell no-carb slop is that?

Device(s)
    HTC VX6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Honey Dijon Chicken....from the Cafe at work. It's actually quite good.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Jef

Perhaps I should know why this is not working, but I don't. One thing I do know, however, is that this is on a Windows server. And I only know that because otherwise it would work!

I suspect it is something to do with Register Globals. Make sure Register Globals is set to "On" in your php config.
    Last edited by Humpa; 03-04-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Originally posted by Humpa
    Originally posted by Jef

Perhaps I should know why this is not working, but I don't. One thing I do know, however, is that this is on a Windows server. And I only know that because otherwise it would work!

I suspect it is something to do with Register Globals. Make sure Register Globals is set to "On" in your php config.
    ick! change the code so that $picnumber is instead read as $_GET['picnumber']. and no more problems! actually i might take a look at it and see if i can optimize and enhance it

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast