Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JROCK2004
    Is there a way you can set it up so it will only send to our server when we say send to pix place? But if we say a picture message it follows the old rules?
    Nope. You'll have to switch servers in PIX Message Setup to do that.

Feedback Score

Questions - Help!

I downloaded humpa's php files, uploaded to my web space, and set my phone to send pix to my server:

1. I am using AOL to host this. It does support php. But when I go to the index.php, all that comes up is the text of the php code.
    My path is http://members.aol.com/eweinstein814/mms/send.php if anyone is nice enough to test this out with his or her phone for me

2. When I send the message in my phone, it gets to 98% and then fails.

3. I have SD 1.02 - Do I need to do any seem edits (from what I understand, the seem edit is only requried to enable one to change the server on the phone - and I can do this with 1.02 SD) ?

4. I have read, but still am not sure - Can I email pictures using the mobile web instead of the pix place feature? If so, how? Thanks

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by whino; 04-03-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would check the permissions on the files and the directories for a start.

Feedback Score
    AOL does not support PHP files. I need to find another server.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Silly question, but I assume I'll still have to have my mobile web subscription even though I changed the proxy in the websession file? BTW, were does websessionB fit in? I see "http://Homepage" once in both "websession" and "websessionB".

TIA (awesome, awesome, awesome )

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ww_kayak
    Silly question, but I assume I'll still have to have my mobile web subscription even though I changed the proxy in the websession file? BTW, were does websessionB fit in? I see "http://Homepage" once in both "websession" and "websessionB".

TIA (awesome, awesome, awesome )
    You do not need to setup an alternate WebSession to send MMS messages. You can just the VZW session in PIX Message Setup.

But, to answer your question: you don't need to edit your proxy in the WebSession file. You can still get to the WebSession menu from the programming menu (if you have 1.40.OR). You can copy/edit everything except the homepage. Just hexedit the homepage, and do everything else from the phone.
    Edit the WebSession file. I was told it was dangerous to delete the WebSessionB, but since it doesnt seem to do anything, I deleted mine with no ill effects (I thought I got it after flashing to 02SD or the OR flash).

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. Your MMS works great. I have it set up on my Linux Box. I was wondering about web browsing in general. Even with a different proxy, I'll still need my(Verizon's) "Mobile Web" service, correct?

BTW, Humpa, thanks for finally giving me the excuse I needed to spend some time learning PHP :-)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by ww_kayak
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. Your MMS works great. I have it set up on my Linux Box. I was wondering about web browsing in general. Even with a different proxy, I'll still need my(Verizon's) "Mobile Web" service, correct?

BTW, Humpa, thanks for finally giving me the excuse I needed to spend some time learning PHP :-)
    This is a thread for a php MMS server. Not that I care, though.
    Questions about other things just confuse things - also someone with more knowledge may not bother reading this thread.

People are using alternate WebSessions to avoid the 4.99/month Mobile Web charge. You do not need Mobile Web to use Mobile Web ... lol ... you only need Mobile Web if you want to use Verizon's proxy/WAP server (whatever it is ...)

Feedback Score

Mobile web

Can I email pictures (for free - not counting airtime or minutes) using a mobile web site (instead of humpa's mms server)?
    Last edited by whino; 04-05-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Mobile web

Originally posted by whino
    Can I email pictures (for free - not counting airtime or minutes) using a mobile web site (instead of humpa's mms server)?
    You can email pics for free by using any alternate PIX Message Server. The alternate PIX Message Server has to support that option, of course.
    The ONLY time you get charged 25cents is if you have the default Verizon PIX Place server set in your PIX Message Setup > Server Info.
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-05-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I added 2 lines to make this compatible with Alltel.
    Change this:

if(eregi("pix.vtext.com",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "";
    }

to this:

$to_addy = "";
    }elseif(eregi("mml.alltel.com",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "";
    }

or just download the updated send.php file.

Great job humpa!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    haha.. got around to setting this up today. it works great! thanks!
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I love this thing. hahaha.. Is it possible to edit it so that this becomes our PixPlace, i.e. Send in Message goes through the original way and Send to PixPlace sends it to our server?

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there a file size limit?

I tried sending a picture at high resolution (1280x960) that was around 160K. Sending failed. Switched to 640x480, file was around 63K and everything was fine.

edit: tried sending the larger picture to Humpa's test server and it worked fine.. hmm..
    Last edited by Ry Ry; 04-08-2005 at 09:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Velda2
    I added 2 lines to make this compatible with Alltel.
    Change this:

$to_addy = "";
    }

to this:

$to_addy = "";
    }elseif(eregi("mml.alltel.com",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "";
    }

or just download the updated send.php file.

Great job humpa!
    Thanks Velda ... I edited my send.php in the zip file too.

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast