Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 830

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    I love this thing. hahaha.. Is it possible to edit it so that this becomes our PixPlace, i.e. Send in Message goes through the original way and Send to PixPlace sends it to our server?
    You'll have to switch Servers in PIX Message Setup > Server Info to do that. There is only one small difference between when you choose Send as Message and Send to PIX Place.
    The difference is that in Send as Message you supply an email addy for the To field. When you Send to PIX Place, the V710 puts [email protected] in the To field. Now, this is not a valid email addy, but when PIX Place sees that [email protected] addy, it knows to put it in that cellnumber's account/page - and Alltel does something similar. That's why Velda and I were editing the send.php to filter out those bogus To field email addresses (incase you care .. lol)

    Nice flower, BTW ... gotta love that V710 cam hue ...
    ... and I'm not sure on the file upload limit on your server. They must have a limit on the POST size - 'cause that's what you are doing. You are POSTing the MMS message to the send.php file.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    You'll have to switch Servers in PIX Message Setup > Server Info to do that. There is only one small difference between when you choose Send as Message and Send to PIX Place.
    The difference is that in Send as Message you supply an email addy for the To field. When you Send to PIX Place, the V710 puts [email protected] in the To field. Now, this is not a valid email addy, but when PIX Place sees that [email protected] addy, it knows to put it in that cellnumber's account/page - and Alltel does something similar. That's why Velda and I were editing the send.php to filter out those bogus To field email addresses (incase you care .. lol)

    Nice flower, BTW ... gotta love that V710 cam hue ...
    ... and I'm not sure on the file upload limit on your server. They must have a limit on the POST size - 'cause that's what you are doing. You are POSTing the MMS message to the send.php file.
    Cool. I switch to my server when I want to back up an image, then set it back to the VZW server since I do a lot of phone to phone. Just wondering if there was a way to use PIX Message only use the VZW setting and PixPlace to use my setting so I wouldn't have to change servers.

    I'll check my server's post limit.

    Thanks! I'll be making a donation via Paypal.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

    Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    Cool. I switch to my server when I want to back up an image, then set it back to the VZW server since I do a lot of phone to phone. Just wondering if there was a way to use PIX Message only use the VZW setting and PixPlace to use my setting so I wouldn't have to change servers.

    I'll check my server's post limit.

    Thanks! I'll be making a donation via Paypal.
    I've seen a few people asking about this.
    I'm not understanding why, though.
    Is there any difference between a pic sent to the phonenumber as opposed to a pic sent to the phonenumber's email address? (I've never sent/received a pic sent just to my number) Does the email forwarding on my script work on your site?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    I've seen a few people asking about this.
    I'm not understanding why, though.
    Is there any difference between a pic sent to the phonenumber as opposed to a pic sent to the phonenumber's email address? (I've never sent/received a pic sent just to my number) Does the email forwarding on my script work on your site?
    I don't know anyone that saves both phone numbers and phones' e-mail address in their address book. It's much easier to just select the number and send a message to it and now that MMS works between Verizon and Cingular, I find myself sending more MMS messages than before.

    I just tried to send a picture via your script on my site to an e-mail address and it failed. Hmm.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    I don't know anyone that saves both phone numbers and phones' e-mail address in their address book. It's much easier to just select the number and send a message to it and now that MMS works between Verizon and Cingular, I find myself sending more MMS messages than before.

    I just tried to send a picture via your script on my site to an e-mail address and it failed. Hmm.
    So, isn't it easier for you to just put in the email address for all your contacts that you would be sending pic messages to? Easier than having to switch PIX Servers, right?
    Because I was thinking what I could do to my MMS pic server in order to handle just a 10 digit number in the To field ... I wonder how PIX Place handles them? I suppose I could determine the provider from the area code and prefix ... I've seen a list like that somewhere

    As far as your email forwarding, you can use this simple mail_test.php script to see if sendmail is working on your site:
    <?php
    $to_address = "[email protected]";
    $the_subject = "Test email";
    $the_message = "Testing ....\n";
    mail($to_address, $the_subject, $the_message);
    echo "check your $to_address email";
    ?>
    Put in your email address, upload it to your site and point your browser to it.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    So, isn't it easier for you to just put in the email address for all your contacts that you would be sending pic messages to? Easier than having to switch PIX Servers, right?
    Because I was thinking what I could do to my MMS pic server in order to handle just a 10 digit number in the To field ... I wonder how PIX Place handles them? I suppose I could determine the provider from the area code and prefix ... I've seen a list like that somewhere

    As far as your email forwarding, you can use this simple mail_test.php script to see if sendmail is working on your site:
    Put in your email address, upload it to your site and point your browser to it.
    That would be more contacts to scroll through..

    Plus I'm not sure of the e-mail suffix for AT&T users now on Cingular (too lazy to check.. lol).

    With number portability, it won't be for certain that an area code and prefix combo would go to a specific carrier anymore.

    I'm fine with switching PIX servers for now.

    I'll test that php script when I get home later tonight. Thanks!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    With number portability, it won't be for certain that an area code and prefix combo would go to a specific carrier anymore.
    oh yeah ... duh ...

    So, how do they know where to send the MMS if all they have is a 10 digit number? Do certain providers simply provide each other access to a list of their active numbers?
    I'll have to look into this ...

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    oh yeah ... duh ...

    So, how do they know where to send the MMS if all they have is a 10 digit number? Do certain providers simply provide each other access to a list of their active numbers?
    I'll have to look into this ...
    I'm guessing there's a shared database...

    http://www.wirelessweek.com/article/...tments&stt=000

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    As far as your email forwarding, you can use this simple mail_test.php script to see if sendmail is working on your site:
    Put in your email address, upload it to your site and point your browser to it.
    I tested it and it works. I may have messed something up in the original code. I'll reupload the original php files...

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    Nice flower, BTW ... gotta love that V710 cam hue ...
    ... and I'm not sure on the file upload limit on your server. They must have a limit on the POST size - 'cause that's what you are doing. You are POSTing the MMS message to the send.php file.
    Just checked with my host and it appears the deault limit was set too low. It's all fixed now.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    I tested it and it works. I may have messed something up in the original code. I'll reupload the original php files...
    The class.phpmailer.php should be using the php mail function, which is working on your site. Line 109 in the class.phpmailer.php sets the Mailer to use the php mail function:
    var $Mailer = "mail";

    That's what you have, right?

    You can use this test_mail.php to test the class.phpmailer.php, and if it fails it will give you an error message (which should tell you what's going on).
    Put this test_mail.php file in the same directory as your class.phpmailer.php and point your browser to it (set email addresses, of course!):
    <?php
    $to_addy = "[email protected]";
    $to_name = "Mr Mike";
    $from_addy = "[email protected]";
    $from_name = "Mr Mike";

    require("class.phpmailer.php");
    $text_body = "Hello , \n\n";
    $text_body .= "This is an email test.\n\n";
    $subject = "email test of php mailer class";

    $mail = new phpmailer();
    $mail->Subject = $mms_subject;
    $mail->Body = $text_body;
    $mail->AltBody = $text_body;
    $mail->AddAddress($to_addy,$to_name);
    $mail->From = "$from_addy";
    $mail->FromName = "$from_name";
    $mail->ReplyTo = "$from_addy";
    $mail->Sender = "$from_addy";

    if(!$mail->Send()) {
    echo "mail not sent ... here is the error message:<br><b>";
    print ($mail->$ErrorInfo);
    }else {
    echo "mail sent to $to_name at $to_addy: ";
    }
    // Clear all addresses and attachments for next loop
    $mail->ClearAddresses();
    $mail->ClearAttachments();
    ?>
    BTW, if you get the mail forwarding working, I have a couple of easy edits for you to do if you want to just send to phonenumbers

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Humpa
    The class.phpmailer.php should be using the php mail function, which is working on your site. Line 109 in the class.phpmailer.php sets the Mailer to use the php mail function:
    var $Mailer = "mail";

    That's what you have, right?

    You can use this test_mail.php to test the class.phpmailer.php, and if it fails it will give you an error message (which should tell you what's going on).
    Put this test_mail.php file in the same directory as your class.phpmailer.php and point your browser to it (set email addresses, of course!):


    BTW, if you get the mail forwarding working, I have a couple of easy edits for you to do if you want to just send to phonenumbers
    I started over with the original files. Mail forwarding is now working except for one little bug.

    In send.php, I set admin_email to [my 10-digit number]@vzwpix.com (which starts with an 8). When I get the e-mail, the reply-to address says [email protected][my domain name].

    I tested it test_mail.php and it does the same thing with te reply-to address.
    Last edited by Ry Ry; 04-10-2005 at 12:43 PM.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0
    Originally posted by Ry Ry
    I started over with the original files. Mail forwarding is now working except for one little bug.

    In send.php, I set admin_email to [my 10-digit number]@vzwpix.com (which starts with an 8). When I get the e-mail, the reply-to address says [email protected][my domain name].

    I tested it test_mail.php and it does the same thing with te reply-to address.
    No wonder we can't get the ReplyTo to work correctly .... I'll have to play around with that.

    This will forward any MMS that has a 10 digit number in the "To" field. It will forward it to [email protected] though!
    In the send.php, find this:
    if(eregi("pix.vtext.com",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "";
    }
    Replace the above with this:
    if(eregi("pix.vtext.com",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "";
    }elseif(eregi("^[0-9]{10}$",$to_addy)) {
    $to_addy = "[email protected]";
    }
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-10-2005 at 01:18 PM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    16,690
    Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    0

    Reply To now WORKING!

    I figured out what was wrong with the ReplyTo (thanks to Ry Ry for showing me the light - or making me look for the light )
    In the send.php, you simply need to replace this:
    $mail->ReplyTo = "$mms_phone_email";
    With this (don't edit it, copy and paste this exact code):
    $mail->AddReplyTo($admin_email,$your_name);

    EDIT: I have edited the send.php in my downloads ....
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-10-2005 at 01:20 PM.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,427
    Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Reply To now WORKING!

    Originally posted by Humpa
    I figured out what was wrong with the ReplyTo (thanks to Ry Ry for showing me the light - or making me look for the light )
    In the send.php, you simply need to replace this:
    $mail->ReplyTo = "$mms_phone_email";
    With this (don't edit it, copy and paste this exact code):
    $mail->AddReplyTo($admin_email,$your_name);

    EDIT: I have edited the send.php in my downloads ....
    In my send.php, line 182 has $mail->ReplyTo = "$admin_email";.

    That's the only line where $mail->ReplyTo exists.

    But I did replace it with $mail->AddReplyTo($admin_email,$your_name); and the Reply-To field is now correct.

    Thanks Humpa!

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Bookmarks