Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re:send error

Originally posted by Humpa
    If you can send a pic to the nuclearelephant server, then you are all set.
    You probably just have a typo in your server address. Where are you trying to send to? It should be http://www.themagicone.com/phone/send.php
    Well that is my exact server address I am typing in. The process of the message is being sent. When it gets to 100% it states that the message could not be sent. I switched over to the nuclearelephant test site for pixplace and it works fine. I also tried to send an image via e-mail and it still comes out with an error message

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by vret
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I can send messages using the Nuclear Elephant server but not my own. granted I know very little about web servers and even less about php. I am using IIS on win xp.

http://vret.homeip.net/mms/

any help would be appreciated
    Well it seems you're not so much in the same boat as I am yet. Since you are using windows IIS. Have you installed php? When I go to your site it lists the directory and does not call up index.php

Device(s)
    xv6900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    PHP is installed, its version 5.0.3. the install came with an auto setup. previously when navigating to the php files on my server all i saw was the raw code. now they actually compile but there is in error when index loads. i do not know if it is because there are no media files in the folders or what.

i think i had accidentally enable directory browsing. index.php should load now if someone clicks the link

Feedback Score

report?

Is there anyway to make this little servlet send the phone a "report" so that the outbox status on the phone shows the message as being received?

btw, this is a great little program you wrote.

one more thing, for those that are having trouble, I uploaded the program to my commercial webserver. It took about three hours before it was working. Dont ask why, but after waiting for a while, it seems to work flawlessly.

J~

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re:send error

Originally posted by druggie
    Well that is my exact server address I am typing in. The process of the message is being sent. When it gets to 100% it states that the message could not be sent. I switched over to the nuclearelephant test site for pixplace and it works fine. I also tried to send an image via e-mail and it still comes out with an error message
    I don't see why it doesn't work from your V710, as it works from mine.
    I can't think of anything other than double checking your settings on your V710 again, since the script appears to work fine on your site.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    PHP is installed, its version 5.0.3. the install came with an auto setup. previously when navigating to the php files on my server all i saw was the raw code. now they actually compile but there is in error when index loads. i do not know if it is because there are no media files in the folders or what.

i think i had accidentally enable directory browsing. index.php should load now if someone clicks the link
    Granted there are errors on your page, but I sent a pic to this address:
    http://vret.homeip.net/mms/send.php
    It appeared to have worked:
    http://vret.homeip.net/mms/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: report?

Originally posted by gr8hifi
    Is there anyway to make this little servlet send the phone a "report" so that the outbox status on the phone shows the message as being received?

btw, this is a great little program you wrote.

one more thing, for those that are having trouble, I uploaded the program to my commercial webserver. It took about three hours before it was working. Dont ask why, but after waiting for a while, it seems to work flawlessly.

J~
    You should get a 100% complete message. Are you getting any errors displayed if you point your browser to the send.php? Can I see?

Feedback Score

i get 100% but...

I get the 100% complete message and the pix go through (to email addresses). however, whne I use the VZW pix server, I get an "open envelope" signifying that the recipient has gotten the message. When using your program, i do not get this open envelope. I click on "status" and I get a message saying "waiting on report" (note, this is all from the phone).

next thing, is it not possible to send to phone numbers when using this server? I notice that If I send to a phone number, my webspace gets updated, however, If I send to an email addy, it does NOT get updated... And, for the phone number, the recipient never recieves the email. But, for the email addy, the recipient does receive it.

please dont see my comments/questions as knocking your hard work. I think this is great!

J~

Device(s)
    xv6900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any reccomendations on how to clear up the errors? I just tried again to send a mms message. the phone gets to about 95% and says Unable To Send, it happens even quicker when I try to send to an e-mail address

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Any reccomendations on how to clear up the errors? I just tried again to send a mms message. the phone gets to about 95% and says Unable To Send, it happens even quicker when I try to send to an e-mail address
    I'm trying to get rid of the error messages for a windows server. Try downloading the zip again. I edited the send.php and index.php slightly.
    I didnt get the 100% message on your site, but that is only because there is an error message being displayed.
    Why dont you try sending one to my site? http://www.humpa.com/mms_test/send.php

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: i get 100% but...

I get the 100% complete message and the pix go through (to email addresses). however, whne I use the VZW pix server, I get an "open envelope" signifying that the recipient has gotten the message. When using your program, i do not get this open envelope. I click on "status" and I get a message saying "waiting on report" (note, this is all from the phone).

next thing, is it not possible to send to phone numbers when using this server? I notice that If I send to a phone number, my webspace gets updated, however, If I send to an email addy, it does NOT get updated... And, for the phone number, the recipient never recieves the email. But, for the email addy, the recipient does receive it.

please dont see my comments/questions as knocking your hard work. I think this is great!

J~
    Ahhhh ... I didnt realize I was still missing something. Do you get the Open Envelope when using nuclearelephant? I noticed that "waiting on report" thing, but thought that was normal - I didnt realize it was different when sending to PixPlace (I'm not sure I've ever sent one there ... lol)

As far as sending to a phonenumber, you can't (and I know you are not knocking me! ). You have to send to that phonenumber's email address instead. If you dont send to an email addy, it goes to the pics or videos folder.

Feedback Score

weirdness #2

This time instead of trying to send to just a phone number, I sent to the phonenumber at vzwpix.com. My buddy got the message but the reply address was all funky. Instead of it having my vtext.com reply, the address was from "[email protected]" which makes no sense to me. If I send to a yahoo account, the reply address is <my number>@vtext.com which is what I told it to be. Any clue about this?

and, I havent used the nuclear elephant server. I'm not real sure what that is.

Thanks again,

J~

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: weirdness #2

This time instead of trying to send to just a phone number, I sent to the phonenumber at vzwpix.com. My buddy got the message but the reply address was all funky. Instead of it having my vtext.com reply, the address was from "[email protected]" which makes no sense to me. If I send to a yahoo account, the reply address is <my number>@vtext.com which is what I told it to be. Any clue about this?

and, I havent used the nuclear elephant server. I'm not real sure what that is.

Thanks again,

J~
    For the "waiting on report", I'm not sure. But you can try sending a pic to http://www.nuclearelephant.com/smilgw.cgi and see what the "status" is. If theirs works, perhaps I can figure it out.
    http://www.nuclearelephant.com/proje...ilgw/v710.html

For the From Name, I found out what it was.
    You need to set the Sender variable. I've edited my files (again! ... DOH!), but you can just do it in the class.phpmailer.php file. Set the var $Sender = "humpa@humpa.com"; (well, don't use my address ... lol)

Device(s)
    xv6900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Humpa,
    I tried redownloading as you advised. still not working. i'm not getting the errors on the index page, but i still can't send any messages. do i need to have a local smtp server on my comp even if i'm not e-mailing anything. if i do need a email server can i just use my ISP's?

Feedback Score

still no go.

I tried the nuclear elephant and I did NOT get the "open envelope" so I guess thats not figured out yet.

and, I made the changes you suggested to my file. I still get the funky email addy for the reply ONLY when i send to other phones.

Thanks again!
    ~J

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast