Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by vret
    Humpa,
    I tried redownloading as you advised. still not working. i'm not getting the errors on the index page, but i still can't send any messages. do i need to have a local smtp server on my comp even if i'm not e-mailing anything. if i do need a email server can i just use my ISP's?
    I tried to Send As Message when I send to your site, but it doesnt work for me either.
    When I choose Send to Pix Place, it sends the pic to your site (though I dont get 100% message complete, there must be some other windows related error left in there).

Have you tried just sending to PixPlace instead of Sending as a Message? Because this works fine.
    In order to Send as Message, you need the php mail function to work on your windows box, and I have no idea how to set that up.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: still no go.

Originally posted by gr8hifi
    I tried the nuclear elephant and I did NOT get the "open envelope" so I guess thats not figured out yet.

and, I made the changes you suggested to my file. I still get the funky email addy for the reply ONLY when i send to other phones.

Thanks again!
    ~J
    It works for me now. Try downloading the zip again, and use the class.phpmailer.php and the send.php from the zip.
    It could be the ReplyTo also - I edited a couple of things.
    For example, I added this to the function mms_forward (and I cleared these Var's in the class.phpmailer.php):
    $mail->From = "$admin_email";
    $mail->FromName = "$your_name";
    $mail->ReplyTo = "$admin_email";
    $mail->Sender = "$admin_email";

I'm using the stock files from the zip, and it works for me. I see the Name as who it is from, and when I click Reply I see the correct ReplyTo address.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thank You

Worked flawless, thank you so much for putting this together!

Question:

I noticed on your site you have it set up in like a calendar view... is there a way to set that up as well (instead of one long list of photos, which is the default)?

Example:

Your Server

My Server

Notice you have a really nice setup where the pictures are organized by date and by thumbnail? Is there an easy way to set this up? (Basically i am worried what will happen after a lot of pictures get uploaded). Thanks in advance!

Again, great job!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again
    Jonathan
    Last edited by Thalinor00; 03-07-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Feedback Score

*double post* - deleted

*double post* - deleted
    Last edited by gr8hifi; 03-07-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Feedback Score

still get the funky addy

I re-downloaded your stuff to try again. I still get the funky address when the message is received on a phone. When the message is received via email, it works fine. Also, how do you use the "quick" messages that are setup in the file? I got the impression that I could type in "mom" for my send to address and the file would translate "mom" to "<mom's addy>@herdomain.com". I attempted this by putting in a cellphone number. I then figured that it would translate this cellphone number to the address for that celly. For example, If i type in "8005551212" and I have that in my quick list in the code to go to "[email protected]" I woudl think that this would go on through... but it doesnt.

Any ideas?

I hope I'm not ticking you off with the questions. Hopefull you see my comments as a bit of debugging? maybe... perhaps?

Thanks again,
    J~

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: still get the funky addy

Originally posted by gr8hifi
    I re-downloaded your stuff to try again. I still get the funky address when the message is received on a phone. When the message is received via email, it works fine. Also, how do you use the "quick" messages that are setup in the file? I got the impression that I could type in "mom" for my send to address and the file would translate "mom" to "<mom's addy>@herdomain.com". I attempted this by putting in a cellphone number. I then figured that it would translate this cellphone number to the address for that celly. For example, If i type in "8005551212" and I have that in my quick list in the code to go to "[email protected]" I woudl think that this would go on through... but it doesnt.

Any ideas?

I hope I'm not ticking you off with the questions. Hopefull you see my comments as a bit of debugging? maybe... perhaps?

Thanks again,
    J~
    I don't know what the deal is with the funky address. It works for me, but I've only tried sending to my V710.
    Are you sending to someone on Verizon? Have you tried sending to your V710?
    Try sending to [email protected] from my test site: http://www.humpa.com/mms_test/send.php
    (I left everything unedited, so it will say it is from [email protected])

And, the script is looking for an email addy in order to forward, otherwise it saves to the pic folder. So, you must use an email address, there is no "shortcut". Those "quick" message things you are referring to is just to customize the email a bit. So, you would put your mom's address in there and then the name you want it to show for that email addy. For example:
    $email_names['[email protected]'] = "Mom";
    For the above, anytime you sent a pic to [email protected] it would say "Hi mom" in the email instead of just "Hi" ... lol ... not much, I realize, but I put that code in there at one point and never did any more with it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Thank You

Originally posted by Thalinor00
    Worked flawless, thank you so much for putting this together!

Question:

I noticed on your site you have it set up in like a calendar view... is there a way to set that up as well (instead of one long list of photos, which is the default)?

Example:

Your Server

My Server

Notice you have a really nice setup where the pictures are organized by date and by thumbnail? Is there an easy way to set this up? (Basically i am worried what will happen after a lot of pictures get uploaded). Thanks in advance!

Again, great job!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again
    Jonathan
    Yeah, that code is rather complex on my site. I'm using a MySQL database and some image functions, among other things.
    I just figured I'd post a barebones version for y'all. And it is barebones ... lol ... heck, there's not even any html headers on that index.php page.
    You might want to look at one of the gallery scripts that let's you add new pics by simply putting them in a specific folder. You could tell the gallery to use the pics folder, and it will add them to your gallery automatically. I think either the php gallery by menalto or Coppermine will do that.
    I also have another version of it running on www.thephonecam.com

Feedback Score

tried again...

Humpa,
    I used your server to bounce the message and I got a nice and pretty reply address on my cell phone. I then just copied your stuff WITHOUT modifying any of it to my web space and lo and behold, I got the funky reply addy stuff. Apparantly, my web space is adding the additional information. I can private message you my server space if you want to try it, I would prefer not to make it publicly available.

Thanks again,
    Jason

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unhappy STEP BY STEP PLEASE

Could someone post step by step instructions for setting up this Package on my windows IIS box and step by step for getting my V710 setup to do this?

I just wanted to say thanks to all you.

JM2005

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Thank You

Originally posted by Humpa
    Yeah, that code is rather complex on my site. I'm using a MySQL database and some image functions, among other things.
    I just figured I'd post a barebones version for y'all. And it is barebones ... lol ... heck, there's not even any html headers on that index.php page.
    You might want to look at one of the gallery scripts that let's you add new pics by simply putting them in a specific folder. You could tell the gallery to use the pics folder, and it will add them to your gallery automatically. I think either the php gallery by menalto or Coppermine will do that.
    I also have another version of it running on www.thephonecam.com

Using Popphoto right now for my business as it has a bit more features then copermine. There is a free one "gallery" or something that looks promising but is still in development.

Now that you mention it, i think this can easily be some with a sql script. Will play with it tonight and post some results. If i can find an easy way to integrate everything i will let everyone know.

Again, thank you so much Humpa, this script rocks!

Jonathan

Feedback Score

Re: STEP BY STEP PLEASE

Maybe a little help on the IIS might help me also. Using Server 2003, got php installed and folders setup under domain etc. Gave write permission to folder, yet when sending to PixPlace, I get the same 99% failed to send error.

Any help or ideas would be great, this is driving me nuts

http://www.zdreams.com/mms/

Thanks,
    MJ

Originally posted by JM2005
    Could someone post step by step instructions for setting up this Package on my windows IIS box and step by step for getting my V710 setup to do this?

I just wanted to say thanks to all you.

JM2005

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: STEP BY STEP PLEASE

Originally posted by mamajama
    Maybe a little help on the IIS might help me also. Using Server 2003, got php installed and folders setup under domain etc. Gave write permission to folder, yet when sending to PixPlace, I get the same 99% failed to send error.

Any help or ideas would be great, this is driving me nuts

http://www.zdreams.com/mms/

Thanks,
    MJ
    I just sent one to your site. It worked fine, but I didnt get the 100% message.

Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: STEP BY STEP PLEASE

Originally posted by Humpa
    I just sent one to your site. It worked fine, but I didnt get the 100% message.
    Haha, I just figured out some PHP problems I had and for the first time got the index.php page to come up and what a surprise, I see snow

Well, it displays now and you can send to it, but my pictures are failing still, so it must be my phone setip or maybe the free web session I am using. it's been a while so I can't remember which one it is. Do you have a particular one you use?

This is great, I am sure that everyone is greatful as I am that you take your time to make and share this with us.

Maybe a little more and I will have it

Thanks again,
    MJ

ALSO: This will be needed by anyone trying to set this up with IIS 6.0, as these directions are the only ones I have found that work. The auto installer from PHP does not work correctly for most under IIS 6.0. You need to download the manual install and follow these easy directions.

http://www.benmardesign.com/IIS_PHP_...php_setup.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Re: STEP BY STEP PLEASE

Originally posted by mamajama
    Well, it displays now and you can send to it, but my pictures are failing still, so it must be my phone setip or maybe the free web session I am using. it's been a while so I can't remember which one it is. Do you have a particular one you use?

Thanks again,
    MJ

ALSO: This will be needed by anyone trying to set this up with IIS 6.0, as these directions are the only ones I have found that work. The auto installer from PHP does not work correctly for most under IIS 6.0. You need to download the manual install and follow these easy directions.

http://www.benmardesign.com/IIS_PHP_...php_setup.html
    Thanks for the link.

As for the websession, you can test by trying to send here if you want: http://www.humpa.com/mms_test/send.php
    If you don't have a good websession, just use the VZW websession. There is no difference in billing whether you use a custom websession or not (not yet, at least). I used to use the VZW websession for pic sending, and I never had the $4.99 mobile web turned on.
    I use my own proxy server for a websession now, though. Two years ago I wanted a server here at my house, but figured I'd get a real server and not IIS (I used to post at some phpnuke forums and so many people had problems using IIS, that I never bothered with it). So, I downloaded RedHat and have never looked back. I installed it on an old pc, and everything worked right out of the box. About a month ago I was looking for free proxys and whatnot, and noticed that I had Squid proxy on my Linux box, with a button that said Start Squid. I clicked, and I now have a proxy. ... gotta love Linux.

I'd like to see you getting the 100% message, but am not sure what is stopping that in IIS yet.
    Also, I don't think your email forwarding is working yet (I tried when I sent the snow pic). You need to get the php mail function working. Does it have directions for mail in that link?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

IIS php mail function test

mamajama, vret, and other IIS users:
    You can use this script to test your php mail function:
    <?php
    $to_address = "[email protected]";
    $humpa_subject = "Test email";
    $notify_message = "Testing ....\n";
    mail($to_address, $humpa_subject, $notify_message);
    echo "check your $to_address email";
    ?>
    Just name it mail.php (or whatever), and point your browser to it. Put in your email address, of course!
    If it works, then your email forwarding should work.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast