Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Feedback Score
    I've also thought it would be great if when I send a voice record (qcp file) it will not simply store the qcp file, but convert the qcp file to an mp3.

You'll need the following programs (command line):
    - LAME MP3 Encoder (lame.exe; I have version 3.97, search for a binary on Google)
    - Pure Voice Converter 3.1 (pvconv.exe, a QCP to WAV tool)

After downloading those two items place them in the same folder as Humpa_MMS and your send.php file. Now create a .bat file in the same directory called "qcp2mp3.bat":

Code:
    SET FILE=%1

pvconv "%FILE%.qcp"
    lame "%FILE%.wav" -b 16 -m m --resample 8

Open send.php once again and add the red:

Code:
    			}elseif ( eregi("audio/",$contentTypeToString) OR eregi("x-music/",$contentTypeToString) ) {
    				$media[$media_count] = $p->DATA;

if(!$send_as_email_only)  {
    					$filename = "$path_to_media".$pic_time."_".$i."$mms_ext";
    					$file = fopen($filename, 'wb');
    					fwrite($file, "$media[$media_count]");
    					fclose($file);

if($contentTypeToString=="audio/vnd.qcelp"){
    						$tofile = realpath("."). "\\" .str_replace("/","\\",str_replace(".qcp","",$filename));
    						$cmd_result = shell_exec(realpath("."). "\\qcp2mp3 " .$tofile);

unlink($tofile. ".wav");
    						rename($tofile. ".wav.mp3",$tofile.".mp3");
    						unlink($tofile. ".qcp"); // should we delete the original qcp file?
    					}

}
    That's it... Now you have an mp3 file instead of a qcp file, which is much more compatible with all Media Players.

- Josh
    Last edited by joshbm; 03-28-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Device(s)
    VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Josh,

I'm away on trip and haven't been able to test these...

...but previous efforts to get PureVoice Converter to work on my Linux host have failed...due to some LIB files not being there, I think.

You're doing this on your own server, right? I mean one you've configured at your home?

Any advice on what files may be required for that would help!

Thanks!!!

Gearscout

Download a free WAP site for your server.

Phone Demo:
    gearscout.com/wap/ Graphics
    gearscout.com/wap2/ Text (fast!)

Feedback Score
    Yes, I am doing this on my own server at my home. Only downside I have to tell you is, I am not using Linux or Apache for that matter, I am running a Win2K Server with IIS... sorry

Device(s)
    Samsung G3 4.1.1 rooted
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Sorry to hijack but.....

Has anyone successfully setup the Humpa software with US Cellular and a Razr? I'm poor, so I really hate the idea of paying .25 to send a picture to a website.

I have my razr set up to work with my private proxy for web browsing, but I don't have the menu to change my pix sending options. I haven't been able to locate a seem change to open that menu up yet either.

I know the 710/815/razr all share some common functions, does anyone know if the seem edit for either of those works on a razr?

Thanks,

BillThyCat

Updated - 4/1/2006 I found my answer, and I have it working!!! Woohoo!
    Last edited by billthycat; 04-02-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    my webhost (godaddy) allows php, but does not allow chmod 0777, it only allows 755. I suppose this means it is not going to be possible to save the files to media and cache, but it should still be able to forward an email.

is there anyway around this? I run phpbb, but I think phpbb does not need to write to the filesystem, everything is stored in MySQL database. Perhaps it is for this reason phpbb does not require writing to file.

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    It will work on any normal paid host that supports php. It will work on free hosts too, if they don't have banner ads on all the pages.

There's no reason it wouldn't work on bluehost.com.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    d0ughboy, it might still work.
    If php has permission to write to a file you'll be all set.
    Give it a try and let me know.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    humpa, is there a way to do a post to send.php for testing without actually sending a message from my phone? I am not actually on a high minutes allowance like current plans and no free night and weekends. I do not know the components that go into the http post, if you can point me to the info, I can maybe create a page with a form that can do the http post to the send.php url.

thanks

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d0ughboy
    humpa, is there a way to do a post to send.php for testing without actually sending a message from my phone? I am not actually on a high minutes allowance like current plans and no free night and weekends. I do not know the components that go into the http post, if you can point me to the info, I can maybe create a page with a form that can do the http post to the send.php url.

thanks
    Yes, I've included a test php file in the humpa_mms download zip (I've included a send_test.zip file in the humpa_mms.zip).
    Unzip the send_test.zip and upload the send_test.php to your humpa_mms directory and then point your browser to it.
    Each time you go to that send_test.php page it will process a raw mms file that is uploaded on my server (it is a pic of me ).
    It will process that mms file just like if you sent it from your phone.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just tested sending a message. did not work. It works when I send to your server. is there a log where I can find out what the error is?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I just tested sending a message. did not work. It works when I send to your server. is there a log where I can find out what the error is?
    You may have access to some sort of error logs from your webhost, but I doubt it.
    But you can try that send_test.php and see what error message you get.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Just saw your post. I tried send_test and it does save the file successfully even with media set to 755. So now I just need to figure out why the send from my phone did not work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Just saw your post. I tried send_test and it does save the file successfully even with media set to 755. So now I just need to figure out why the send from my phone did not work.
    Give me the url and I'll try it from my phone.
    Send it to humpa at humpa dot com if you don't want to post it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried sending to your site yet, there is something you need to check first.
    Take a thumbnail sized pic, and try sending that.
    If that works, then try adding this line to the send.php file.
    Put it after the opening <?php tag, like this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    ini_set
    ('memory_limit','16M'); // temporarly increases allowed memory usage to 16M

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok. I think the problem is in the email. I tried just sending to pix place and it worked fine. I have to check the email code section. I have other php scripts on my site that sends mail using php mail, so I know it should work. I'll let you know how it went.

thanks!

BTW, have you thought about adding a wap proxy to your humpa_mms package? that would make it a complete package, since a wap proxy would normally be needed to use an external mms server.

Device(s)
    Razr V3C
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    what is the format of $to_addy and $mms_to_value? I want to hard code an email address in send_test to test sending an email.

thanks

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast