Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Problem sending pictures

Humpa responded
    I dont know what the nuclear elephant webseesion is. Have you tried using the VZW websession to send pics? There is no 25cent charge, even if you use the VZW websession.
    It's my understanding that flashing the phone at a vzw store (which I did) disables alternate webservers and that to re-enable an alternate server you have to use Bitpim to look at the Websesssions page. In there you find two ocurrances of "http://homepage.com." You change both ocurrances to "http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.htm" or use a file provided (by someone in this forum), which I did. Then you go into programming mode and under Websessions you'll see Nuclear Elephant. Select it, and then when you select your browser you'll now go to the nuclear elephant wap site. This all works fine.

I don't know how to send pics via vzw websessions but under PIX Message Setup I've tried vzw and SMILGW. I'm unable to send pics; text msgs work fine.

One thing you should check, is this:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...threadid=536986
    make sure it is [email protected]
    Yes, I've seen that tread and veriified that the entry is correct.

Thanks for the ideas and response. It's like everything but txt msgs have been disabled. I can txt to phones or email accts, but pics & videos fail. I've tried sending pics from the phone memeory and from the TF card with the same result. I did a *228,1 with no help. Could this be the thing where you need to call vzw to enable PIX messaging? Thanks for any ideas.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Problem sending pictures

Originally posted by mclaser
    It's my understanding that flashing the phone at a vzw store (which I did) disables alternate webservers and that to re-enable an alternate server you have to use Bitpim to look at the Websesssions page. In there you find two ocurrances of "http://homepage.com." You change both ocurrances to "http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.htm" or use a file provided (by someone in this forum), which I did. Then you go into programming mode and under Websessions you'll see Nuclear Elephant. Select it, and then when you select your browser you'll now go to the nuclear elephant wap site. This all works fine.

I don't know how to send pics via vzw websessions but under PIX Message Setup I've tried vzw and SMILGW. I'm unable to send pics; text msgs work fine.

Yes, I've seen that tread and veriified that the entry is correct.

Thanks for the ideas and response. It's like everything but txt msgs have been disabled. I can txt to phones or email accts, but pics & videos fail. I've tried sending pics from the phone memeory and from the TF card with the same result. I did a *228,1 with no help. Could this be the thing where you need to call vzw to enable PIX messaging? Thanks for any ideas.
    If you can txt message, then you should be able to send a mms/pic message.

http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.htm is not valid ... it is http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.html
    But, I assume you have it correct in your settings.
    Can you go online with your smil gw websession?

Do you have the VZW pic server still? Can you try sending a pic using the VZW server (the "real" PixPlace) instead of the smilgw.cgi? (Do a Send as Message and send it to an email address so you don't have to view it at PixPlace)

Also, that is what I meant in respect to trying the original VZW instead of your SMILGW custom websession in your PIX Message Setup.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by MartinBrice
    Directive Local Value Master Value

post_max_size 8M 8M

Seems like 8 megs should be enough, although I must admit I have no idea what that actually means.
    Yeah, that's 8 megs ... not sure what the issue is.
    Can you ask your webhost? They might have an idea. Tell them just what you told me in your last post. That was pretty clear. Tell them you see the post_max_size is 8M ...
    Or, are you the webhost?

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Problem sending pictures

Originally posted by Humpa
    If you can txt message, then you should be able to send a mms/pic message.

http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.htm is not valid ... it is http://nuclearelephant.com/wap.html
    But, I assume you have it correct in your settings.
    Can you go online with your smil gw websession?

Do you have the VZW pic server still? Can you try sending a pic using the VZW server (the "real" PixPlace) instead of the smilgw.cgi? (Do a Send as Message and send it to an email address so you don't have to view it at PixPlace)

Also, that is what I meant in respect to trying the original VZW instead of your SMILGW custom websession in your PIX Message Setup.
    You're right, it's ... . html, I didn't notice the "l" in the hex file.
    I'm not sure what you mean "go online with a smil gw web session." I can get to NE's .wap page, and then browse anywhere from there.
    I tried deleting the NE PIX server so that only the VZW remains. The only thing I can see that's different is that the VZW Web Session Name originally was "N/A", once I touched it with the editor I could not get it to be N/A anymore so I named it to VZW. Service Name is VZW, Server Name is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms. I can recieve a pic but still can't send a pic. I called vzw, moved upto ~ level 6 tech sup where they programmed a v710 with my number then tried it. Theirs worked fine so they gave me authorization to get a replacement phone at the store. I still don't get what I did. I'm going to see if I can get back to ground zero first by reloading the original Websession data via Bitpim, then reload the orginal seem 41a. One or the other should fix it.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Problem sending pictures

You're right, it's ... . html, I didn't notice the "l" in the hex file.
    I'm not sure what you mean "go online with a smil gw web session." I can get to NE's .wap page, and then browse anywhere from there.
    I tried deleting the NE PIX server so that only the VZW remains. The only thing I can see that's different is that the VZW Web Session Name originally was "N/A", once I touched it with the editor I could not get it to be N/A anymore so I named it to VZW. Service Name is VZW, Server Name is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms. I can recieve a pic but still can't send a pic. I called vzw, moved upto ~ level 6 tech sup where they programmed a v710 with my number then tried it. Theirs worked fine so they gave me authorization to get a replacement phone at the store. I still don't get what I did. I'm going to see if I can get back to ground zero first by reloading the original Websession data via Bitpim, then reload the orginal seem 41a. One or the other should fix it.
    OK, I found the problem. The problem isn't in either seem 41a or that there Websession page. Whilst playing with Bitpim I was looking at the nvm/seem/syn_device data and noticed a 20h, a space, between http:// and the nuclearelephant. Removed the space via the phone and all of the sudden I can send to SMIL GW! I could have sworn I checked specifically for that when I was typing it in...sheetski. I also notice that "w.cgi" was tacked on to the end of the vzw Server Name (in the hex file). I thought that might be screwing up the vzw capibilities (which also didn't work). Unable to overwrite the page I inserted 5 bogus characters (via the phone) , then deleted them. Now the vzw side also works. Sorry for all the run around. Hopefully this information might be useful to someone else.

Now that I'm done spinning in circles, I'm going to try to get clear on this: If I set vzw at the server in message setup I can send to either PixPlace or any email address, and be charged; if I set SMIL GW as the server then the email adr gets ignored and everything goes into NE/myphonenumber and there is no charge, but the files may be deleted anytime. Is that correct?

And...if you can explain this so I can understand (my problem not yours) I'd be happy to send you out a stubby antenna if you'd like for your pain and suffering compensation. ( I don't sell them but I make a few at a time in my shop.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Problem sending pictures

OK, I found the problem. The problem isn't in either seem 41a or that there Websession page. Whilst playing with Bitpim I was looking at the nvm/seem/syn_device data and noticed a 20h, a space, between http:// and the nuclearelephant. Removed the space via the phone and all of the sudden I can send to SMIL GW! I could have sworn I checked specifically for that when I was typing it in...sheetski. I also notice that "w.cgi" was tacked on to the end of the vzw Server Name (in the hex file). I thought that might be screwing up the vzw capibilities (which also didn't work). Unable to overwrite the page I inserted 5 bogus characters (via the phone) , then deleted them. Now the vzw side also works. Sorry for all the run around. Hopefully this information might be useful to someone else.

Now that I'm done spinning in circles, I'm going to try to get clear on this: If I set vzw at the server in message setup I can send to either PixPlace or any email address, and be charged; if I set SMIL GW as the server then the email adr gets ignored and everything goes into NE/myphonenumber and there is no charge, but the files may be deleted anytime. Is that correct?

And...if you can explain this so I can understand (my problem not yours) I'd be happy to send you out a stubby antenna if you'd like for your pain and suffering compensation. ( I don't sell them but I make a few at a time in my shop.)
    In PIX Message Setup, you will still be sending to PixPlace if you use the unedited VZW as the Server.

Whether you choose the option to Send as Message or Send to PixPlace, the pic message is sent to the url you have listed under Server in the PIX Message Setup. Even though you choose Send to PixPlace, it only really goes there if that is the Server you have selected in PIX Message Setup.

The only difference I can see between Send as Message or Send to PixPlace, is that a pic sent via Send as Message has something different in the "To" field (it has the email address you put in).

The nuclearelephant script just puts the pic in your folder (or whatever it does) no matter what is in the "To" field.
    While the PixPlace Server will forward the pic message if it finds a valid email address in the "To" field (It will also charge you 25cents, and shrink the photo down).

When you Edit the Server in PIX Message Setup, I don't believe it matters what WebSession you use, so long as it is valid/working. Even on the real PixPlace Server I had to change it from N/A to VZW. I'd have thought it would use the VZW websession as default, but it didnt seem to.

I think the nuclearelephant server is just for you to test. He wants you to download it and install it on your own server. I believe email forwarding works if you install the server/script on your site.

I wrote a pic server script in php (see first post of this thread ... lol), and it will forward the pic to an email address.

Device(s)
    v710
    Feedback Score

No workie!!

When i try and send a pic to my webserver it gets to about 86% and i get the Message not sent Error. I go on the webserver and look in the pic and video folder which are both chmod 777 and there is nothing there, or anything in my email. Any ideas? I just downloaded the new version on your website Humpa.
    Last edited by cryak; 03-19-2005 at 06:23 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: No workie!!

Originally posted by cryak
    When i try and send a pic to my webserver it gets to about 86% and i get the Message not sent Error. I go on the webserver and look in the pic and video folder which are both chmod 777 and there is nothing there, or anything in my email. Any ideas? I just downloaded the new version on your website Humpa.
    Can I see?
    If you don't want to post the link, you can put it in a PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: No workie!!

Originally posted by cryak
    I looked at your site, and I see that clicking on the index.php (or any PHP file) returns an internal server error.

Does your server support PHP?
    If so, you might need to manually set your FTP client to transfer the PHP files in BINARY mode.
    Or if that was not it, ask your web host why your (my!) PHP pages are not working (point them to the mms/index.php).

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Problem sending pictures/PIX Place alternative

When you Edit the Server in PIX Message Setup, I don't believe it matters what WebSession you use, so long as it is valid/working. Even on the real PixPlace Server I had to change it from N/A to VZW. I'd have thought it would use the VZW websession as default, but it didnt seem to.

I think the nuclearelephant server is just for you to test. He wants you to download it and install it on your own server. I believe email forwarding works if you install the server/script on your site.

I wrote a pic server script in php (see first post of this thread ... lol), and it will forward the pic to an email address.
    Thanks for the descption! Send me a PM with your adr if you want a stubby sent out. I'll be offline for week, but I can get to it the following week.

I didn't really want to install and setup the server on my side -- lot easier to use someone elses if it's available . BTW, the nueclear elephants server appears to foward the message to the email in the To: field as well as keeping a copy (they got filtered into my Junk Mail folder so I didn't notice them). That's all I need! So... if that server was no longer available, I could potientially bum off somebody else's server?? I know... what a mouch.

It was an interesting expericment (lol).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Problem sending pictures/PIX Place alternative

Thanks for the descption! Send me a PM with your adr if you want a stubby sent out. I'll be offline for week, but I can get to it the following week.

I didn't really want to install and setup the server on my side -- lot easier to use someone elses if it's available . BTW, the nueclear elephants server appears to foward the message to the email in the To: field as well as keeping a copy (they got filtered into my Junk Mail folder so I didn't notice them). That's all I need! So... if that server was no longer available, I could potientially bum off somebody else's server?? I know... what a mouch.

It was an interesting expericment (lol).
    I have a site setup at www.thephonecam.com
    You can send your pics there if you want. You have to sign up as a user, but it is free.
    You will be able to Send as Message using my thephonecam.com site too. The pic will still get saved on the site, but it will be forwarded to the email you put in the To field.
    ALSO, the Reply address and From name will show your user name and your phone's email address!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Thank You

Great script Humpa!
    I installed it yesterday and it works great!

I see a lot of people wanting to make the gallery look better...

You might want to look at one of the gallery scripts that let's you add new pics by simply putting them in a specific folder. You could tell the gallery to use the pics folder, and it will add them to your gallery automatically. I think either the php gallery by menalto or Coppermine will do that.
    I also have another version of it running on www.thephonecam.com
    I found this script:
    http://aberrantmedia.com/fezalbum/

It's pretty easy to configure and looks pretty good. There is also an admin control panel that you can use to upload pics directly from your computer.

I didn't buy the phone for a camera, I have a Sony 828 for taking good pics but having a camera with you anywhere you go does have it's advantages.

The pics in my gallery are just a bunch of random shots I took so there would be something in there.

http://www.koolcartoons.com/pix/

Thanks again!
    I child proofed my house but my kids still get in!

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been trying to get this darn thing working off and on for a while now. I have everything on my server, have the correct addy in my phone, use the VZW web session, and set the permissions on the directories on the server.

Whenever I try to send a pic, be it to an email or to the pix place it gets most of the way, hangs for a while, and then my phone actually does a reset. Seriously, it restarts and asks me for my unlock code, though it doesn't seem to reboot completely...no moto/verizon intro screens. It's pissin me off!!

I can use the nuclearelephant one just fine. arrrgghh.

Can someone else give it a shot? Any suggestions?

www.harpseal.net/mms/send.php

Oh, and apparently my host is running Sun boxes so no Win issues here.

Thanks....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by harpseal
    I've been trying to get this darn thing working off and on for a while now. I have everything on my server, have the correct addy in my phone, use the VZW web session, and set the permissions on the directories on the server.

Whenever I try to send a pic, be it to an email or to the pix place it gets most of the way, hangs for a while, and then my phone actually does a reset. Seriously, it restarts and asks me for my unlock code, though it doesn't seem to reboot completely...no moto/verizon intro screens. It's pissin me off!!

I can use the nuclearelephant one just fine. arrrgghh.

Can someone else give it a shot? Any suggestions?

www.harpseal.net/mms/send.php

Oh, and apparently my host is running Sun boxes so no Win issues here.

Thanks....
    Yikes, you got some issues there ...
    What version of php is your server using?

Try this ... open the send.php in a text editor (not wordpad/notepad - something like frontpage or dreamweaver?) and find this code:
    $fd = fopen("php://input", "r");
    $mms_data = "";
    while (!feof($fd)) {
    $mms_data .= fread($fd, 1024);
    }
    fclose($fd);
    Delete all that code, but leave in this one line:
    $mms_data = "";

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yikes, you got some issues there ...
    What version of php is your server using?

Try this ... open the send.php in a text editor (not wordpad/notepad - something like frontpage or dreamweaver?) and find this code:

Delete all that code, but leave in this one line:
    I think they are running PHP 4 (version 3 available if required by renaming file to .php3)

I will do the changes shortly and let you know the results.

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast