Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP Pix Place Server available!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Change Pics storage location?

Originally posted by JM2005
    Hey i have a question for you about your mms script?
    Lets say i want to put the pictures in another dir located on my web site called images directory instead of pics, This folder is located outside the MMS dir. Where would i edit your script to include this path such as c:\inetpub\photos\images ?
    I have setup a album page that is flash based and just need a way to get my pic's stored there, so it could auto update by its self.

Thanks for all your help! I have not enjoy a cellphone so much as i have with your MMS script!

JM2005
    I have a nice D70 Nikon, so I was not interested in the V710's cam at ALL!! Then I came here, and saw that I could edit the PIX Server and use my own website (though it was a bit of work learning about MMS messaging and the php server).
    Very, very cool IMHO Definately worth the price of admission!

But, to answer your question, find these lines right at the beginning of the send.php:
    $path_to_videos = "videos/"; // this is relative to where you put the get.php and you need the trailing slash!!!!
    $path_to_pics = "pics/"; // see above comment
    Just edit those two lines. You can use a path relative to the send.php, or use the full path. Maybe like this?
    $path_to_videos = "c:\inetpub\photos\videos\"; // this is relative to where you put the get.php and you need the trailing slash!!!!
    $path_to_pics = "c:\inetpub\photos\images\"; // see above comment
    ... Is that right? I'm not sure how windows handles this (ie, forward or backslash?)

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok here is the Correct code,

$path_to_pics = "c:\inetpub\photos\images/"; //

This works Fine!!!! Thanks Humpa!

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

HELP! Now that i did those changes this is whats happening.

Since i have edited the Web sessions Homepage to point to my Wap server my V710 has started to reset itself! When i try to go to web brower it says brower not setup!! it was working fine and now its just resetting itself to Blank! I used Bit PM to restore the orginal web setting to VZW and it says its there but when i go to use it the web sessions its gone once more! Anyone else have this problem before? BTW this is a brand new V710 with the lastest 1.40 or firmware. It came from Motorola with lastest firmware already there.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: HELP! Now that i did those changes this is whats happening.

Since i have edited the Web sessions Homepage to point to my Wap server my V710 has started to reset itself! When i try to go to web brower it says brower not setup!! it was working fine and now its just resetting itself to Blank! I used Bit PM to restore the orginal web setting to VZW and it says its there but when i go to use it the web sessions its gone once more! Anyone else have this problem before? BTW this is a brand new V710 with the lastest 1.40 or firmware. It came from Motorola with lastest firmware already there.
    I had some screwy things happen to me one particular time when I edited my WebSession file - I assumed I made an error. I reuploaded the original WebSession file (which I had, or course, saved), and all was normal again. Every other time I've edited the WebSession file I have had no problems ...

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Hmmm

I tried re uploading the web sessions file i had saved before i made the changes it still does that! wired it was working fine before. any ideas??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Hmmm

I tried re uploading the web sessions file i had saved before i made the changes it still does that! wired it was working fine before. any ideas??
    Try rebooting your phone.

What does the WebSession menu look like? Anything apparent in there? (go the WebSession menu via the Programming menu, right?)

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

web sessions

I rebooted the phone and still its empty in there. Web session there is not anything in there. Its werid. This didnt happen until i started making those changes today for the image folders. werid hu.

Can you send me VZW default web sessions file?

I dont know whats wrong with it.

Device(s)
    VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Hmm werid fix! Homepage Set!

Hey i clicked on the browser and it said browser setup not complete! I selected ok and it came up with a menu to add a homepage to. So i picked new and added my wap server info such as ip & ports, of course it would not let you add the homepage which is is blank now. So i saved what i had entered and exit the browser setup, then i click the v710 browser button and it starting trying to connect!!! Then it pop up a screen saying to set the Homepage!!!!! So it had the OpenWave.com in there and i changed it to my wap homepage!! and picked save! it worked!!!! YEAH! I didnt know that it would do that!!

Its now working great and i didnt have to use Bit PM to change the Homepage.
    Last edited by JM2005; 03-31-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Clarification

Just need some clarification. If I install this on my server and set my phone to use it, would I still be able to send pictures, sounds, and videos to other handsets?
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Ry Ry
    Just need some clarification. If I install this on my server and set my phone to use it, would I still be able to send pictures, sounds, and videos to other handsets?
    If you choose Send as Message and put in just a phonenumber, that would have the same affect as choosing Send to PIX Place (my script will simply save it in the pics or videos folder).
    But if you choose Send as Message and put in an email address, my script will forward it to that email address.

So, the answer is "No, but you can send to that handset's email address".

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way you can set it up so it will only send to our server when we say send to pix place? But if we say a picture message it follows the old rules?

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you choose Send as Message and put in just a phonenumber, that would have the same affect as choosing Send to PIX Place (my script will simply save it in the pics or videos folder).
    But if you choose Send as Message and put in an email address, my script will forward it to that email address.

But this does not apply to standard text messaging correct?

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    correct you will be ok with that

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Humpa

Hmm. Don't know if I want to go through extra steps to send an MMS message to another handset. I wonder if it's possible to do handset to handset withouth having to use an e-mail address...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Ry Ry
    Hmm. Don't know if I want to go through extra steps to send an MMS message to another handset. I wonder if it's possible to do handset to handset withouth having to use an e-mail address...
    Does Verizon's PIX Place do that?
    If so, just use the default PIX Message Setup and pay 25cents. When you want to send one to your site, then you'll have to switch the PIX Message Setup to your server.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast