Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sidekick Outage

Device(s)
    Rooted: Xperia X10 with 32 GB SDHC
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Same boat on Fido - G, email and AOL/MSN/Yahoo but no web.
    For all those who said it couldn't be done...have faith in a brotha. :-P

Device(s)
    Moto Q9H Global
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    72 hours and counting for me (http://www.ultramookie.com/wayback/2...-and-counting/)...

Keeping track of things on my website now. I just called and got an additional $10 off this month. So, I am up to $15 plus 50 free minutes. This outage is getting out of hand and Danger is on exacerbating the anger of their users by keeping quiet or putting out statements like "Everything will be back to normal by 3/9 morning." It's 3/9 afternoon now and I still have no service and by the looks of it over at hiptop.com, there are still quite a few people who are out of service.

Tmo CC says they have no ETA on when data service will return, btw. I called an hour and a half ago.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Update

Got my "G" back... for the second time mind you. Got my GMail. No Net. Got AIM.

To Be Continued...

Device(s)
    iphone 3G(S) white 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I only got $5 credit. I wasn't able to get the 50mins because theres nothing too add to because I don't have a voice plan.

The CS rep told me I should leave my phone on. Turning it off will only take longer to connect. I'm leaving mine on, I don't have much that can be erased.

Device(s)
    Rooted: Xperia X10 with 32 GB SDHC
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    As of now...5am EST Thursday, all is back to normal..full G with a data services.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g (8gb)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah...I'm starting to recieve full service too, lets hope it stays that way..

Device(s)
    Sidekick 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cavalier
    Feedback Score
    Web service is back up here in eastern Virginia. After accepting a "Temporary Certification" I was able to surf faster than ever before. It will likely slow down as more people come back online.

A quick check of my email and other stored data showed no signs of corruption. ( some are finding other peoples folders/email on their SK2)

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the outage.
    Last edited by Duke of Paducah; 03-10-2005 at 05:36 AM.
    Duke of Paducah

Device(s)
    sidekick3
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    As of 8:50am in Los Angeles, there is no web service.. Everything else appears to be working though, and ssh seems faster than ever. I also rebooted this morning and it connected fairly quickly.

I'm wondering if the web and ssh is so fast because of the lack of people who have access to all of the features as of yet.

Edit: I think snail mail is quicker than the sidekick email as of right now. I sent a couple of test emails from my sidekick to a few of my accounts and haven't received them yet and it's been 15 minutes. I sent my sk a couple test emails from those accounts and have received the same result. I think there are still issues and they're just putting things online half-***** to shut up the customers. You better believe i'm calling for more cash credit..
    Last edited by phaserx; 03-10-2005 at 11:03 AM.
    -px-

Device(s)
    i870 YESS SIR
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel (Never Sprint) & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Angry **** tmobile

my sidekick 2 has been down since about saturday. i recieved full service yesterday and i called up and got $5 credit. they said the problem was supposed to be solved 100% by today but nothing. i get these 2 blinking little stars by the "g" next to the reception bars and my web broswer says" a connection to web browser service could not be established".wtf. and to make matters worse, they erased all my bookmarks! i now hate catherine zeta-jones.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cavalier
    Feedback Score
    I had full web service between 6:30 this morning and about noon. At that time I turned my SK2 off. I just turned it on again and am back to the bouncing balls. Grrrrrrr!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g (8gb)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think service is back up completely (well, maybe only in my area)...I haven't had a break in service at all since yesterday.

Device(s)
    Sidekick II
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Had service a bit last night, went out a bit this morning, but it seems to be on for good now. Still now web browser though. I haven't called and gotten anything out of this whole thing, and I've been down completly since Sunday.

Device(s)
    Fuze, HTC Tilt, Treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    Cingula&tt
    Feedback Score
    no web as of yet in DE. had a G, but i restarted it to see if changed- now only 2 dots
    work:

old phones:
    Nokia 5160, 8260, 6360, E70, N93i, 8801
    Panasonic GU-87
    Motorola i730s, i860s, i930,i870, V60, V60i, V635
    HTC 8125, Treo 750, Tilts
    BB Curve 8310s
    iPhone 8GB, iPhone 3G White

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Carl G35c
    no web as of yet in DE. had a G, but i restarted it to see if changed- now only 2 dots
    Yeah mine is activated in DE and I'm in Florida right now. I have only had 1 dot this entire time though. My data went down first thing saturday morning or friday night i'm not sure. But either way I'm pissed. TMO is lucky their **** data is so cheap or i would have a RIM 7520 in the mail tomorrow...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Web's been up for me since this morning.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast