Thread: How Can Anyone Request A Sprint Tower In Your Area?

Phones
    LG CU500
    AT&T - For Ever Baby!!
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

How Can Anyone Request A Sprint Tower In Your Area?

I have no problems with Sprint at all other then my home areas. At about 1/2 mile distance, as I get close to my home area, which is by the way very populated, the signal will start braking and as soon as i go into my house, unless i run real fast up to the 2nd floor, i will loose my connection..

What is the best way to get Sprint to fix the reception for my area?

Anyone?

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You can call *2 and ask for technical support and file a trouble ticket for your area. But it's a long shot that anything will be done about it right away. I noticed on your profile you're from the Oceanside area. I believe Sprint has a new tower planned for Oceanside at 1628˝ Old Grove Road. This site will be coming in about 4-5 months.
    Sprint user since 1997

Phone
    LG
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Any planned towers for Santa Monica/West Los Angeles Area? I live right on the border of these two cities, on Centinela avenue near Whilshire and it is a dead zone for all carriers except Verizon. My old AT&T doesn't work, my friends Cingular and T-mobile don't work. I get one bar and I can make calls but it will always drop after some period.

Phones
    LG CU500
    AT&T - For Ever Baby!!
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by larryt510
    You can call *2 and ask for technical support and file a trouble ticket for your area. But it's a long shot that anything will be done about it right away. I noticed on your profile you're from the Oceanside area. I believe Sprint has a new tower planned for Oceanside at 1628˝ Old Grove Road. This site will be coming in about 4-5 months.
    How do you know this? is there a specific website that show where the towers are? I want to know where the towers are near my home address... Thanks

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tauro72
    How do you know this? is there a specific website that show where the towers are? I want to know where the towers are near my home address... Thanks

Here's a site which shows tower locations but you might need to download a java program to view it. It was just updated today in fact.

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/co...towermaps.html

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Neutrox
    Any planned towers for Santa Monica/West Los Angeles Area? I live right on the border of these two cities, on Centinela avenue near Whilshire and it is a dead zone for all carriers except Verizon. My old AT&T doesn't work, my friends Cingular and T-mobile don't work. I get one bar and I can make calls but it will always drop after some period.
    Yes there is one coming to Santa Monica soon but it's closer to the 10 freeway. Send me a PM and I'll look up the address later on if you want.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G, BB Bold, Pearl, Storm
    LG Dare, MOTOROKR Z6m, Nokia 5310, 5610, 5800, 6301, 8801, N75, N82, N95
    Palm Centro, Samsung BJ, Sony Ericsson TM506, K850i, TMO G1, Sidekick LX, VZW Ovation USB720
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Amazing! It had not been updated for years. It looks like Garfield / Mission is part of it's upcoming site in Alhambra, CA but according to their map it is kinda south. But, then again it looks like they got Valley / Atlantic in Alhambra, CA on the map.

Phones
    LG CU500
    AT&T - For Ever Baby!!
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by larryt510
    Wish that new Tower you mention coming to the area was closer to my home area.. According to the map is about 2.5 to 3 miles away at least from me.. Not going to do me much good.. I am also very surprice that they will setup that site or antenna in that location.. There is plenty of good Signal up in that area..

Phones
    Palm Centro
    Motorola V3m (good bye, LET the door slam you in the @$$ on the way out!!!!)
    Motorola e815(former)
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS (Current)
    ATT ( Former )
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Tauro72
    Wish that new Tower you mention coming to the area was closer to my home area.. According to the map is about 2.5 to 3 miles away at least from me.. Not going to do me much good.. I am also very surprice that they will setup that site or antenna in that location.. There is plenty of good Signal up in that area..
    Capacity issues perhaps? Do you have the F & C option? Can you rome in your house?
    Sprint SERO 500
    F& F w/7pm nights & UM2M & Power Vision= $30
    - Unlimited SMS Text Messaging $ 0.00
    - Total Equipment Protection $ 7.00
    - Pemium text messaging service. $5.00

Total: $ 42.00 + Taxes

Phones
    LG CU500
    AT&T - For Ever Baby!!
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by NYCDru
    Capacity issues perhaps? Do you have the F & C option? Can you rome in your house?
    Hmmm,,, I have the FREE Roaming and all, but then I won't be able to use visionor PCS-PCS wont work properly or even Early Nights.. So Roaming is not my prefer option..

I was looking at the Map that shows where the towers are, and I see why.. There are other areas where Sprint has weak signal or no signal at all, that if they set up 2 or maybe 3 towers or whatever, they will make a lot of difference for all of their costumers in those residential and working areas.. Thanks to that,, Cingular is making a killing porting numbers from Sprint..

Phones
    Sanyo RL7300
    PPC-6600
    Sanyo RL4920
    Carrier
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    www.sprintsites.com

You can even apply to have a tower placed on your land if you own any. I use this site the most.

Rich

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Once upon a time Engineering kept an eye on each tower's dropped call counts/percentages, and used that to pinpoint trouble areas, along with impending equipment failures. I'd imagine they stilll do. So, if there enough people with enough dropped calls in the area, it's likely a new tower-- or else an adjustment to an existing one-- is already in the works.

In three and a half years selling Sprint PCS service and working very closely with customers who had service and coverage issues, one thing I saw occasionally were slight modifications to a cell site to compensate for some coverage anomalies. For example, a site designed for good wide-area coverage that provides inadequate service to a nearby, newer, somewhat affluent neighborhood will almost certainly get tweaked to throw a better signal in that direction.