Page 4 of 1012 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast

Thread: The Monster USCC Off-Topic Thread

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by tragic
    "Small customers base" is as far from the truth as you can get - USCC is sitting on top in most all of their markets. Lance has the facts on that.
    pretty close to 625K net adds...Verizon = 1.7M net adds for same time frame

uscc = 1/10 Verizon's customer base, yet uscc = 1/3 of their net adds

on a percentage basis, uscc = ~13% increase in customer base, while Verizon = ~4% subscriber growth

and our churn is right there with Verizon and Nextel - 1.53%

Keep the Faith,

Lance

Device(s)
    Motorola X Pure Edition (US, 64GB)
    Carrier(s)
    Back Again: US Cellular,
    Feedback Score
    CkZX2 -

I do believe most people refer to Sprint as S**tPCS even over on the Sprint forum That's definitely the peak of rave reviews I've ever seen.

--Droo, @Network

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by GPJen74
    Tragic.. in case you haven't noticed you are having a battle of wits with a UNARMED man. Nothing ScottAlways has to say is EVER in the least bit interesting, or worth while. LET US PRAY that he GOES to Sprint & gets the HELL off our inteligent forum. It would raise the intelligence level about 125% if he would GO! He can't even spell! I don't think that there has been ONE sentence where he has spelled EVERY word correctly, or without abbreviating it like he is a big hip hop rapper. Give us a break.
    Oh, I know he's unarmed.. that's what makes it so fun. Well, for me anyway.

As for his spelling... notice he got a little better once I said I might start correcting it all? :laughs:

Now let's all just try and run his gangbanging *** the hell out of town...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Exactly. He tries to act like he is so cool, and knows so much.. when all along DADDY is paying his bill, he is a KID & doesn't have ONE intelligent thought in his body. It is really sad if this is what the world is coming to.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    when my dad was paying my cell bill i wanted a startac (one of the old school StarTac 3000's), why? because it was cool. Three months later the digital ones were launched with USCC's TDMA network. I've tried to stay on top of the cool features, but its not worth it. Having "bling" on your phone, hey thats cool. But in 3 months its out of style. What is my point here? You're never going to get ahead.
    Worn out retail warrior. Now retired on the golf course.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Youth today scares me. And I'm only 20. I can't believe these are the people I'm growing up with.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When my parents paid for my phone I had a TDMA Nokia 5160 brick on SunCom. I later upgraded to the glorious Nokia 3360.

Now, I pay for my own, and I can have what I want... no, the 'rents didn't buy me the V710. In fact they think I'm mental spending that much on a cellphone :laughs:

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I used to work in a K-8 school in a town of 1800 people. I heard such great things as 'he used to be my stepbrother'.

I have a feeling some of those folks are going to be in control of the 'big red button' in the government.

To put it mildly, make sure you have the keys to your fallout shelter around your neck at ALL times.

But Sprint assured me in the event of that happening, their towers will be up, but everyone elses will be dust. I believe them, because they're.. Yknow, Sprint.

--Droo, @Network

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    I hate all the phones that Verizon currently offers. I don't need my phone to watch TV or as a camcorder. I do have a camera phone, but that's all I want for a wireless phone.

USCC's customer base is not the young urban "hipster." It's that mountainman in West Virginia or small-town resident that USCC tries to attract with its network's reliability and coverage.

I wouldn't mind seeing WAP on the network, but if I want to watch television I can wait until I go home.

By the way, the youth of today scare me. These people are going to be my nurse in a nursing home or my doctor. They have no sense of music (give me Alabama or Ray Charles anyday!).
    Last edited by is_that_clear; 03-14-2005 at 08:57 PM.
    "Do you want a piece of me lady?" - Dr. Phil
    More of Dr. Phil's Words of Wisdom

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!

Only in Pennsylvania could a toll collector make $21 dollars an hour!
    Good-bye toll collectors: Now I've got

"Kennedy's car has killed more people than Cheney's gun ."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm with you there, the features are only as good as the network. It's like Verizon and VCast, they don't cover most of their 'service area' because it's someone else network, like USCC.

Works in NYC, doesn't work outside NYC in NJ. Great feature, worthy of advertising. *shakes head* morons.

I think you CAN have it both ways though. I don't think TV or high speed net on a phone is necessary but I think ancillary services like Mobile AIM and WAP are good assets for any cellular carrier.

--Droo, @Network

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by scottalways1
    This is Howard Forums. How many cool peopel do you know in here?

Just kidding, it is farley new.
    farley? I assume you are talking about 'Chris Farley', right?

Also, I don't know one "peopel". I believed I learned to spell "people" in the first grade. I believe you should point your web browser to www.hop.com .
    Last edited by is_that_clear; 03-14-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by is_that_clear
    USCC's customer base is not the young urban "hipster." It's that mountainman in West Virginia or small-town resident that USCC tries to attract with its network's reliability and coverage.
    This is one of the best points that's been brought up yet. USCC makes no effort to market to the youth, and it shows. If it wasn't for the new Ice Princess movie I bet most people in the youth age bracket wouldn't even know who Joan Cusack is.

It's also why most of us here are saying how much we love the bulletproof coverage vs. hating not having the gadgets and gizmos. Sure, I pissed and moaned for the longest time about not having mobile internet, but that's a useful feature, at least for some of us. I don't care how you spin it, there's no way you're going to sell me on TV over the phone or video tones being useful.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Tragic -

Now if only USCC would stop selling crappy phones made by little korean babies.

They do have tiny fingers though which helps when SMT soldering.

--Droo, @Network

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Other Scott hasn't piped in here in awhile.

10:17? Must be past his bedtime :laughs:

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 Black 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by tragic
    Other Scott hasn't piped in here in awhile.

10:17? Must be past his bedtime :laughs:
    Wow, you guys are really harsh on the guy. He is annoying, but cut him some slack. We were all young once. Lets get back to the post...I WANT WAP!!!

Page 4 of 1012 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast