Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy from Misty Electronics on Ebay

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Don't buy from Misty Electronics on Ebay

I just recieved a Samsung SPH-i300 as a gift. The phone was purchased on EBay from Misty Electronics. When I opened the phone, I found that the ESN sticker under the battery was nowhere to be found. In fact, based on the fact that the area where it would be was sticky, I have reason to believe it was deliberately removed. Also, the instructions on how to activate the phone on Verizon said the ESN would be on the box the phone came in. Once again, nowhere to be found. So right now I basically have a PDA with no phone. Nice racket this guy has, selling phones you can't activate.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Diddo, SAY NO TO MISTY ELECTRONICS

I ordered the LG pm-325. They sent me one with the same funky instructions that didnt work and a bunk battery, plus the backing for an extended battery so the phone looks deformed. I sent an email to "Steve" at Misty Electronics and he blew me off with sarcastic comments. Zero customer service and a total fraud company.

Feedback Score
    You are sure right - the guy has a "nice racket" going - sent the phone back as he told me to, Delivery Confirmation - and somehow mysteriously, he never received it. What really happened is, the post office never scanned it and he got the phone back and never told anyone. Now I am out the money and the phone. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ON EBAY AND WILL NEVER BUY FROM MISTY ELECTRONICS AGAIN! Scam artist..

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, 8900 Javelin, G600, Pebl, v80 w/850,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    6 years and still at it? With CDMA phones to boot? Google map this "Misty", post results. Google "Misty Electronics" and the more posts across the internet increase the odds of this outfit getting better Google results exposing the ESN shenanigans. AFA ESNs, find a code to get the true ESN from the EEPROMM and try again, some refurbers don't re-affix the label to the new housing, IMO that actually looks shadier since the labels often crack, akin to attempted duping of car inspections. IMO 6 years in, it's user error. CDMA tomfoolery is much harder to accomplish 1ce, let alone 6 years worth, also, Nice rackets dont generally last that long from what I've seen.

Best of luck to you all!

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Like sarcasm and crappy service, hit Steve up!

Man, this guy is a piece of work that sells mobile phones on eBay. I've made two purchases from Misty Electronics. The second transaction went awry and this is when I saw Mr. Selvaggio's true colors. I didn't receive my phone, mind you the tracking info said I did, but this is a situation where the parcel is dumped at the door and/or mailbox without a signature. I received a cut and paste canned response stating that I needed to deal with the USPS, period. After I left negative eBay feedback for Misty Electronics, Stephen chastised me for filing a PayPal complaint and then criticized me for not jumping on emails with regards to his bellyaching about my negative feedback. Oh, the best part was Steve posted tracking information as a rebuttal, mind you it goes against eBay's policy of posting personal information (address) in a review. eBay removed the tracking number from my feedback. Eventually, Stephen offered a full refund, but the damage was already done. You can't buy me for $35 bud. I checked eBay today and now my and other recent negative reviews are MIA, this guy is relentless to CYA. Is Steve related to one of the Housewives of New Jersey?

Misty Electronics has had 14 complaints with the BBB, an organization which I find questionable since they always seem to protect their paying members. Of course, Mr. Selvaggio's BBB A+ rating cracks me up.
    Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

Feedback Score
    TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !! I was looking for a Blackberry 9900, and was interested in a brand new one that he offered for sale. I sent an e-mail asking if it included the battery and charger. Several hours later, I received a 2 paragraph reply, stating that I should go back and look at the e-bay page again for that information. I replied that I simply wanted clarification, because I did not see the info I wanted. He replied a second time, saying that I needed to go back into the page for that answer. Going back in, I did not see the info I was looking for, so i clicked on 'Add to cart' thinking it might contain additional information. Only to find that the item was not available for sale to me, because he had blocked me!! I inquired as to why, and he said, "I got worried, because you asked too many questions" Too many questions?? All I wanted to know was if the phone included a battery and charger! Again...a very terrible experience, and one that should make you think twice about doing business with this company.

Feedback Score
    I to have been victimized.

On January 31 2012 I bid on and won what was advertised as a New Verizon Casio Boulder GzONE cell
    phone. I received the phone and all seemed good. On 5-23-2012 the phone started to malfunction, I took it
    to my local Verizon repair center and asked them to look at it. They did and informed me that the
    microphone is not working. They ask where I purchased it I informed them that I won it at auction on eBay.
    The technician informed me that this was a reconditioned phone voiding the manufactures warranty.
    I then contacted the seller and informed him of the situation. The response was sorry the 30 day warranty
    has expired.

To date there are over 50 people with same complaint. Ebay has done nothing to protect the consumer. It is Time to action against scammers!!!

Has anybody else been swindled. Contact The Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs Consumer Service Center at (973) 504-620 I have an open case and they said they need more complaints refer the case #06-12-12G0000086819 - MISTY ELECTRONICS

This is a list of all feedback from seller. What amazes me 90% are listed as new what a joke new iphone do not sell for 1/2 price.

Feedback Score
    This is another sad example of a fraudulent seller scamming a guileless buyer

Feedback Score
    this post is the second

Feedback Score
    www . thetargetcdcollection.com / 2013 / 12 / dec-4-2013-swindler.html

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Be careful when trying to sell Home depot credit gift cards as this person from phone number 647-471-2871 ripped me off,
    6474712871, I gave him the number for him to check the balance, he said he verified it was correct, he was going to send his wife, I go to Home Depot today, and he cleaned me out. This is after Homedepot told me that there is no way to cash out a gift card without the physical card

Feedback Score
    I don't know but if it is a smartphone you can get the mied number by turning on the phone go to settings and under phone info out will have all that the esn number and everything you need to activate on another note does anyone have a verizon bill i need an early termination fee bill from Verizon of course blank out your name and personal information thank you email me at hotboy92282atgmail.com Thank you

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofallsorts View Post
    Be careful when trying to sell Home depot credit gift cards as this person from phone number 647-471-2871 ripped me off,
    6474712871, I gave him the number for him to check the balance, he said he verified it was correct, he was going to send his wife, I go to Home Depot today, and he cleaned me out. This is after Homedepot told me that there is no way to cash out a gift card without the physical card
    You should go to home Depot with the card and the recent receipt and talk to a manager tell him you was going to sell it to that Internet place but you thought it might take so long so you put on Craigslist and you called the store to make site you can't just use the number you need the physical card I'm sure they can't use it even if they went to self pay they would need customer service but they could probably look it up and tell them you want you money bad lady told you they need the card and the person that rung them up probably just let them slide so they were wrong so the manager would probably help you I would think of not tell them you want the number for corporate

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy92282 View Post
    You should go to home Depot with the card and the recent receipt and talk to a manager tell him you was going to sell it to that Internet place but you thought it might take so long so you put on Craigslist and you called the store to make site you can't just use the number you need the physical card I'm sure they can't use it even if they went to self pay they would need customer service but they could probably look it up and tell them you want you money bad lady told you they need the card and the person that rung them up probably just let them slide so they were wrong so the manager would probably help you I would think of not tell them you want the number for corporate

via the HoFo App
    Sorry and I would give them and maybe call non emergency police that probably theft

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Seller is 100% fraudulent. Purchased brand new iPhone 5 and when it came it the screen had discoloration. Contacted the seller/owner (Steve Selvaggio) and he sent me another "brand new" iPhone. Had dings and dents and was dirty. Contacted Verizon to find out the phone was previously registered and could not have been brand new.. Found a software called iBackupbot to find out what the battery cycle count (which essentially tells you how many times the battery was fully discharged and then fully charged). Both phones had over 500 battery cycle counts, meaning they were used for well over a year, closer to 2 years. But being sold as new. If you look at his eBay feedback you can see that he does this on a regular basis. Looked up his information and he has a "D" rating on BBB (Better Business Bureau)

If Misty Electronics and its owner Steve also try to defraud you, you can reach him directly here:

Steve Selvaggio
    22 Mulligan Dr
    Flanders, NJ 07836
    Phone: 973-960-1244
    Business Phone: 862-324-1112

If you have stumbled upon this forum because you've been victimized by Steve, it will be no surprise to you that this is a 34 year old man still living with his parents.
    Last edited by mezziya; 07-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast