Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't buy from Misty Electronics on Ebay

Feedback Score
    First this topic is 12yrs old. And 3yrs between posts.

Second I am not affiliated with the seller. No dog in the fight.

Third this seller has over 100k fb with 98.8% rating & has been an eBay member since 1998. 98.8% with 100k fb is very good.

Fourth if these posters filed an INAD with eBay 99.99% they'd get their money back.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score

Misty Electronics - eBay negative feedbacks | Scam alert

Great response. I am assuming you would have no hesitation purchasing from the seller when shopping for your next phone. It's not difficult to fool people into thinking they are new phones (by simply replacing the LCD screen with cheap aftermarket ones). I can only assume that a good percentage of users were unknowingly duped.

Although there is a gap between this post and the last user complaint, Misty Electronics has been persistent in running the same scam for years. Here is a small snapshot of his negative feedback. Looks like they all have a common theme - Selling used phones as new.

I'm simply posting my experience and providing information that is publicly available in case anyone has problems and are looking to solve their problems amicably.

If you still stand behind the 98% eBay rating, by all means make sure you buy from them the next time you're looking for your next phone.

Mistakes happen in every business. The feedbacks below prove this is not a mistake but intentional.

• phone is awful, it has issues internally. would not buy again from this place
    • Is NOT a new phone, over 300 battery charging cycles, sold over 2 years ago!!
    • Advertised brand new. Phone came all beat up with someone's screen protector on!
    • Stated it was brand new. Sticker on inside of phone stated it was refurbished.
    • Item was discribed as "NEW IN BOX". Definatly not new.
    • Item was refurbished and sold as new. Pls avoid
    • After using it for month the phone overheats all the time. Seller didn't respond
    • Received defective phone with scratches on it. Was not new. Buyers beware.
    • Poorly packaged. Not "New," as listed. Media files in phone. Battery drains.
    • Sent me a defected Iphone 6. The description said new and screen goes off often
    • Used, defective phone listed as Brand New!!! Returned the phone.
    • Phone was NOT NEW as described! Dings, dirt/dust in the ear piece! Beware! Scam!
    • Beware, the phone I recieved was a stolen phone, was not able to activate it.
    • False advertising
    • BEWARE!!! NOTNEW! Check IMEI # s with Tmobile CUST SERVICE to see phone is used.
    • Sold a old phone while saying it was new. Screen was falling off.
    • I was mislead. The phone I received is not a NEW phone. The camera is garbage.
    • Phone was not new! Did refund money. Bad quality control. Good communications.
    • Return the 1st phone, buy a 2nd phone have to return. Waste my time. Misleading.
    • Dent and can not charge. Return and buy another new in box but actually used.
    • Sold phone as new in box. Phone had wear, speaker defective,charger didn't work
    • This phone was listed as new but was used with visible wear and damage.
    • it is not new
    • "NEW" phone died 20 days normal use-refurbished=dishonest. Me=disappointed
    • Not "NEW" as advertised. It should have read refurbished.
    • horrible! Phone was very used and damaged! Never again. Do not used this seller
    • The iPhone was used not a new one as the description said
    • Device is in horrible used condition with multiple scratches and mud.
    • I did not get a new other phone as described. I got a refurbished junk phone.
    • Phone sold as new but was obviously used.Promptly refunded, but no apology
    • Seller lists used phones as new and sends you a used phone!!!!
    • Canceled my order without informing
    • Phones are NOT new, they are ALL refurbished. Asked b4 i bought and he said NEW
    • Don't buy. Horrible seller. Sells used as new. Won't refund money or exchange.
    • Advertised as new and absolutely NOT new with many scratches and chips!

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    First this topic is 12yrs old. And 3yrs between posts.

Second I am not affiliated with the seller. No dog in the fight.

Third this seller has over 100k fb with 98.8% rating & has been an eBay member since 1998. 98.8% with 100k fb is very good.

Fourth if these posters filed an INAD with eBay 99.99% they'd get their money back.

Feedback Score
    Did you file an INAD with eBay & get your money back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2