Thread: How to disable Directory assistance for other lines?

Phone
    LG
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

How to disable Directory assistance for other lines?

I have a family plan which I pay for, and my brother and mother are the 2nd and 3rd lines on the phone. And I was wondering how is it possible to disable Directory Assistance on a line? My brother is a punk *** ***** that doesn't know the value of a dollar and there are constantly 5 to 6 directory assistance calls on his line and I want to stop him from making those calls. So is there any way to disable him calling 411? Also anyway of disabling him buying ringtones and stuff on sprint network? I have talked to him before but he is a complete loser and for a 28 year old is a big bum and so I rather stop it at sprint than talk to him about it.

Phone
    Motorola Q9c
    Carrier
    Sprint (Previous Nextel)
    Feedback Score
    I know you can disable purchases of ringtones and online content on the Sprint PCS web site. I'm not sure about 411, you'd have to call CS for that.

You need to login to SPrintPCS web site. Click on "My Personal Information" You will see a link at the bottom for "Authorize Content Catalog purchases" You can click on "modify" to change the settings for that.

Phone
    A920
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    can't disable 411.. it's a regular phone call.

Suspend his line for a few days.. I bet he'll get the message

Phone
    LG
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I honestly thing that Sprint is capable of disabling 411, but at 1.25 a call it is too much of a cash cow to disable. I e-mailed them recently on this same issue wondering if they would be able to do it, and they replied back no, however they told me as a one time courtesy they would take away the 3 directory assistance calls placed by my brother. Now I am not reading too much into it, but why would they do that if they were not honestly capable of disabling 411. I think that they have the capability to take it away, just like they can take away *69, call forwarding and other such features on regular lines. How hard would it be to make it so that when 411 is dialed it says "This phone is not capable of reaching directory assistance.

Phone
    A920
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Neutrox
    I honestly thing that Sprint is capable of disabling 411, but at 1.25 a call it is too much of a cash cow to disable. I e-mailed them recently on this same issue wondering if they would be able to do it, and they replied back no, however they told me as a one time courtesy they would take away the 3 directory assistance calls placed by my brother. Now I am not reading too much into it, but why would they do that if they were not honestly capable of disabling 411. I think that they have the capability to take it away, just like they can take away *69, call forwarding and other such features on regular lines. How hard would it be to make it so that when 411 is dialed it says "This phone is not capable of reaching directory assistance.
    call forwarding, vm and call waiting are separate codes they add on when they build your plan. If the code is not part of your plan, it's not something they can remove or prevent. Caller ID block is a CODE that they can add on. 411 block does not exist and can't be prevented period.

Phones
    Samsung N400
    Nokia 6225
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sprint can disable it on a network level but you may be able to disable it on a hardware level. I know on Nokia's you can go to call restrictions and add a number you want restricted. Than if you dial 411 it will block the call saying number not allowed. You might need to take a look at the offenders phone and see if you can block the out going call on the phone itself. Usually you will find these features under the phones security settings.

Phones
    Samsung N400
    Nokia 6225
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The opening is supposed to say Sprint can't disable 411 on a network level.